Jamal Adams has an interesting quote

Matt39

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Passionate 21 year old who is working to be the best player he can be and Jet fans want to rip him. 

31 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

kid is 21 and Jet fans are offended because of a former coach and talk is cheap. if talk is cheap, then this board wouldn't exist

actually he just turned 22

12 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Can he make a play first?

You can't be this obtuse or inane can you?

You really believe that Adams hasn't made plays since he has been on the Jets? 

If you believe your own post, then either you haven't been watching any games or are Stevie Wonder...

cause here is one "play" for you.....

Come on Man, are better than this Post!!!

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

If you believe your own post, then either you haven't been watching any games or are Stevie Wonder...

Backside pursuit on Lynch is a play? :blink:

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

If you believe your own post, then you either you haven't been watching any games or are Stevie Wonder...

When finishing a tackle on a guy who was hit in the backfield not once, but twice, and deterred by a third player, is the lead of a players highlight reel, I'm not sure you've made the point you think you've made.

He'll be fine as a player, but today, he's not even the best safety in this years draft class.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

For you obviously NO!!!

For the rest of us watching playing or commenting on games played; the answer is YES....

So carry on with your bashing of a rookie Jet player, who you feel hasn't made a significant play in any game so far....

Good Grief!!

Just now, gEYno said:

When finishing a tackle on a guy who was hit in the backfield not once, but twice, and deterred by a third player, is the lead of a players highlight reel, I'm not sure you've made the point you think you've made.

He'll be fine as a player, but today, he's not even the best safety in this years draft class.

I see hustle determination and a willingness to help on plays.  I could go and post  and find 10 or 15 clips... THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN POSTED ON GAME DAY REVIEWS BY MULTIPLE POSTERS!!!!

But Why?

Those of you want to say that Adams hasn't made a play in a single game have made your point quite well....

We see who you are quite well......and I'm not sure that is what you intended 

2 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I see hustle determination and a willingness to help on plays.  I could go and post  and find 10 or 15 clips... THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN POSTED ON GAME DAY REVIEWS BY MULTIPLE POSTERS!!!!

But Why?

Those of you want to say that Adams hasn't made a play in a single game have made your point quite well....

We see who you are quite well......and I'm not sure that is what you intended 

That he hasn't made a single play is hyperbole.  That he's been better than average is also untrue.

That you're swinging for the fences on character assassinations here only reflects poorly on one of us though.

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

IMO they are all plays, good, bad, or indifferent. 

It was a nice hustle play, but shame on the other three for not bringing him down.  Davis actually makes the play and just doesn't finish, but he slowed him down enough it should have been easy cleanup.  Not sure why he is lying down playing dead after Lynch gets loose. Did he get hurt? Maye and whoever the other guy was (Claiborne?) should be ashamed.

I admire the kid for his passion but give it a rest. Its a bit too much to state that you're  changimg the way the poaition is played after a few pro games

And obj was not the first to mKe 1 handed grabs and thats not how he catches them. 

Kinda silly. Criticism is valid on this one

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

“I’m going to change the position,” Adams said. “When you go out there on the field, you don’t try to stay the same. You try to make something happen. You try to do something different. When Odell made the one-handed catch, he changed the culture, right? He changed what receivers do now. Everybody’s catching with one hand, right? Because of him. Even though people were making one-handed catches, he did something that people had never seen before. So just give it time, brother. That’s all.”

5c2.jpg

WTF? How about you try to defend first?

8 minutes ago, gEYno said:

That he hasn't made a single play is hyperbole.  That he's been better than average is also untrue.

That you're swinging for the fences on character assassinations here only reflects poorly on one of us though.

Sorry if I came on to strong, mea culpa. 

I certainly meant no harm just waiting for the Sears repairman to come to repair my washing machine and a little antsy waiting all day.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Blame Macc for the high expectations.  When you take a safety at 6, he'd better be f*ckin Ed Reed.  

I get that, but let's wait a year or two. Also, let him play behind a front 7 that can get to the QB and playing against a desperate QB trying to catch up... maybe he will be that good.

As per PFF, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Montae Nicholson, John Johnson, and even Marcus Maye are rookie safeties grading out higher than Adams, who's currently rated in the Below Average range, and the 55th best safety.  For what it's worth, Marcus Maye is #42.

Other interesting facts, of the 11 (there's a tie) safeties ranked top 10 by PFF for 2017 so far, only 3 were 1st rounders, 1 2nd rounder, and no 3rd rounders.

Again, Adams will likely be fine, but "Good" is still up hill.

5 minutes ago, gEYno said:

As per PFF, Malik Hooker, Marcus Williams, Montae Nicholson, John Johnson, and even Marcus Maye are rookie safeties grading out higher than Adams, who's currently rated in the Below Average range, and the 55th best safety.  For what it's worth, Marcus Maye is #42.

Other interesting facts, of the 11 (there's a tie) safties ranked top 10 by PFF for 2017 so far, only 3 were 1st rounders, 1 2nd rounder, and no 3rd rounders.

PFF is nothing more than artificial statistics invented by former members of Lambda Lambda Lambda in an effort to appeal to the Dungeons and Dragons crowd.  Their entire organization is a disgrace.

45 minutes ago, varjet said:

It would appear that the pick for the Jets there was him, Lattimore, Hooker or Watson.  It does appear that the Jets made the correct value pick there, but I think we need to make that assessment at the end of the year, and the end of next year.

Of the 4 alternatives you listed, Adams is currently the worst performing of them, and it's not super close right now.  So, I'm not sure where this comes from.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

PFF is nothing more than artificial statistics invented by former members of Lambda Lambda Lambda in an effort to appeal to the Dungeons and Dragons crowd.  Their entire organization is a disgrace.

I'm not 100% on board with their stuff, but they do now have former players and NFL coaches involved.

Just now, Pac said:

Careful there buddy. The last time a wannabe jock went after LLL, he got his sh*t pushed in during a vicious rap battle AND they took his girl.

Revenge-of-the-Nerds-1984-revenge-of-the

7 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Other interesting facts, of the 11 (there's a tie) safeties ranked top 10 by PFF for 2017 so far, only 3 were 1st rounders, 1 2nd rounder, and no 3rd rounders.

Another interesting fact, it's been 6 games. What's the point? 

1 minute ago, Pac said:

Is that also the case when the numbers are used to support Mac by giving Kony Ealy credit as one of the top Jets?  Or, just when things we don't like happen?

11 minutes ago, gEYno said:

You saying Bowles can't develop safeties too?

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Blame Macc for the high expectations.  When you take a safety at 6, he'd better be f*ckin Ed Reed.  

So when you take a player at 6, if they are not the greatest at their position, then they're a failure? Because Ed Reed is probably one of the greatest, or the greatest to play safety.

Or is just the safety position?

Archived