Jamal Adams has an interesting quote

Matt39

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Seattle did it too. The Broncos had to bring in Peyton Manning at the end of his career to get a Super Bowl

SEattle is an example of making a smart QB draft pick. That's all I want out of the Jets. Don't draft 2 safeties and 2 WR in the first 4 rounds and give Hack hundreds of wasted reps. Anyone with a brain knows Hack is garbage. Ron Wolf said take a QB every year. 2 safeties was the draft equivalent of ordering double deserts no entree 

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bitonti said:

SEattle is an example of making a smart QB draft pick. That's all I want out of the Jets. Don't draft 2 safeties and 2 WR in the first 4 rounds and give Hack hundreds of wasted reps. Anyone with a brain knows Hack is garbage. Ron Wolf said take a QB every year. 2 safeties was the draft equivalent of ordering double deserts no entree 

I agreed with you at the time. But it looks like both are working out okay. So you have to give Macc credit for that, whether you agree with it or not.

2 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Awwww did you get pummeled? Poor guy. Well I could refute your claims because if you look really hard at things you would see that it really doesn't matter if you were a nerd or a jock in high school when it comes to down to it. The cream rises to the top as they say and being good at your job really has no bearing on what social circle you traveled in high school. I see you still haven't gotten over it though and I advise you to let it go my friend or it will effect you for the rest of your life. Of course the up and coming kids are at a distinct disadvantage nowadays. You see when I went to school you were taught how to think not told what to think. Big difference between education and indoctrination. I pity these kids because they are not equipped to deal with the harsh realities of life. If you cannot handle a simple word or a tweet throws you off your game how can you handle a full-time job? A mortgage? Raising kids? Any responsibility? Thank God I am in the latter stages of life because I would hate to see what this country will be like when these fragile flowers are running it.

Thanks for writing an essay about High School and telling me I'm the one that still hasn't left it. I wasn't a jock or a nerd.  I was a B student who played sports, but not particularly well. 

I was just speaking a universal truth:  If your best days are during High School, you're a life failure, and the kids who were considered nerds tended to be the ones that followed their dreams when they got older. 

Sounds like I touched a nerve.  Those who use terms like "snowflake" tend to be pretty sensitive, I suppose.

20 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Because it's not a silly argument until it's over? The last guy picked a safety over Bridgewater, the team sucked, the goofballs rented and airplane, and everybody got fired. This guy picks a safety over Watson, the team sucks, and hey guess where this is going because we literally just saw this episode.

Fuller House is not re-runs!!!

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Thanks for writing an essay about High School and telling me I'm the one that still hasn't left it. I wasn't a jock or a nerd.  I was a B student who played sports, but not particularly well. 

I was just speaking a universal truth:  If your best days are during High School, you're a life failure, and the kids who were considered nerds tended to be the ones that followed their dreams when they got older. 

Sounds like I touched a nerve.  Those who use terms like "snowflake" tend to be pretty sensitive, I suppose.

LOL. Since I never mentioned the word "snowflake" in my post I am doubting that B average. Comprehension is key my friend. Glad you enjoyed the essay though. Cheers.

Just now, JetFaninMI said:

LOL. Since I never mentioned the word "snowflake" in my post I am doubting that B average. Comprehension is key my friend. Glad you enjoyed the essay though. Cheers.

That's not lack of reading comprehension.  "Fragile flower" is the same kind of concept as "snowflake".  I said terms LIKE "snowflake".

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

That's not lack of reading comprehension.  "Fragile flower" is the same kind of concept as "snowflake".  I said terms LIKE "snowflake".

Ahhhhhh sounds like I struck a nerve. If the shoe fits wear it. Live long and prosper my condescending friend.

29 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It seems that most teams understand how important it is to find a QB.  The Seahawks signed Matt Flynn and still drafted Wilson.  The Eagles signed Bradford to start, Chase Daniel to backup/spot start and still drafted up twice for Wentz.  The Bears signed @Villain The Foe's boy Glennon and traded up for Trubisky.  Smarter teams do their best to make sure the position is covered.  Meanwhile the Jets draft 3-4 ends, inside backers and safeties.  

If these surefire things Maccagnan drafted were such hot commodities, why couldn't the Jets trade out?  Nobody was trading up to 6 for a safety.  That tells you all you need to know.  

4 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Ahhhhhh sounds like I struck a nerve. If the shoe fits wear it. Live long and prosper my condescending friend.

I don't really have a horse in this race, but when you essentially say, "I'm glad I'll be dead soon so I don't have to see what happens when your generation takes over" and then call someone else condescending, doesn't that come off as a bit disingenuous?

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

It seems that most teams understand how important it is to find a QB.  The Seahawks signed Matt Flynn and still drafted Wilson.  The Eagles signed Bradford to start, Chase Daniel to backup/spot start and still drafted up twice for Wentz.  The Bears signed @Villain The Foe's boy Glennon and traded up for Trubisky.  Smarter teams do their best to make sure the position is covered.  Meanwhile the Jets draft 3-4 ends, inside backers and safeties.  

If these surefire things Maccagnan drafted were such hot commodities, why couldn't the Jets trade out?  Nobody was trading up to 6 for a safety.  That tells you all you need to know.  

And most of the NFL professionals and media blasted the Bears and blasted the Eagles for doing those things (Signing the two QBs and wasting cap space)

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And most of the NFL professionals and media blasted the Bears and blasted the Eagles for doing those things (Signing the two QBs and wasting cap space)

Who are these "NFL professionals" you reference?  We care about the media now?  The media is our defining factor?  What do they think of Bowles and Maccagnan? 

Besides, weren't you excited about all that cap space?  Whenever I mention a guy they have to sign you tell me about this surplus of money.  Guess it would be silly to allocate any of it to the most important position - I mean besides earmarking $18M over 2 years for aging journeymen with suspect arms and career losing records.

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Who are these "NFL professionals" you reference?  We care about the media now?  The media is our defining factor?  What do they think of Bowles and Maccagnan? 

Besides, weren't you excited about all that cap space?  Whenever I mention a guy they have to sign you tell me about this surplus of money.  Guess it would be silly to allocate any of it to the most important position - I mean besides earmarking $18M over 2 years for aging journeymen with suspect arms and career losing records.

Use the cap space to fill out the team and draft a QB. I have always believed and will say again that that is the right way to do it. Build the team and then get a QB.

3 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

They know more than you and we do. Otherwise why are they getting paid and we aren't?

52 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I agreed with you at the time. But it looks like both are working out okay. So you have to give Macc credit for that, whether you agree with it or not.

yeah those double deserts were delicious. We needed a steak dinner. 

19 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

They know more than you and we do. Otherwise why are they getting paid and we aren't?

Well, you're half right anyway.

16 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Rams are another team that did it that way. Jared Goff was the final piece on the field. Gurley and the others were there.

Same with the Super Bowl Rams. Final piece? Kurt Warner

? Super Bowl Rams?  Final piece?  Jared Goff? Since 2010 the Rams have drafted Sam Bradford #1 overall, traded for Foles and paid him a fortune and traded up to draft Goff #1 overall.  They haven't sat on their asses waiting to get a team together before adding the cherry on top.  The QB isn't the cherry, the QB is the ******* bowl.  Without him everything else is just a sloppy mess on the table. 

The Kurt Warner thing is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.  Warner wasn't adding the last piece.  He was hitting the lottery with a ticket your mee-maw stuck in your birthday card.  They had been trying to find a QB for ages and had signed Trent Green.  If your plan is to keep building the team while we wait for the next Arena League player to come out of nowhere and become a HOF'er we have a loooong wait to be respectable. 

I would like to apologize to @RESNewYork I thought this was the cigar store thread, not the Jamal Adams thread and I had said I didn't want to keep rehashing QBs in the Adams thread.  

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Well, you're half right anyway.

? Super Bowl Rams?  Final piece?  Jared Goff? Since 2010 the Rams have drafted Sam Bradford #1 overall, traded for Foles and paid him a fortune and traded up to draft Goff #1 overall.  They haven't sat on their asses waiting to get a team together before adding the cherry on top.  The QB isn't the cherry, the QB is the ******* bowl.  Without him everything else is just a sloppy mess on the table. 

The Kurt Warner thing is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever heard.  Warner wasn't adding the last piece.  He was hitting the lottery with a ticket your mee-maw stuck in your birthday card.  They had been trying to find a QB for ages and had signed Trent Green.  If your plan is to keep building the team while we wait for the next Arena League player to come out of nowhere and become a HOF'er we have a loooong wait to be respectable. 

I would like to apologize to @RESNewYork I thought this was the cigar store thread, not the Jamal Adams thread and I had said I didn't want to keep rehashing QBs in the Adams thread.  

He might be to some teams. But he shouldn't be. 

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

This is the problem in a nutshell. Maccagnan has had three offseasons now, and the team is abysmal at every position that matters in the modern NFL. Meanwhile we have to give him credit for occasionally stumbling into a guy who belongs on an NFL roster. This coffee-swilling baboon has spent his entire Jets tenure doing exactly enough not to get fired and you dopes are dead set on making sure he succeeds. 

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

the whole post is good, but this in particular is

IMG_0581.GIF

I would be curious to know which teams have won a Super Bowl with just an elite QB only vs teams that have won with a QB thats not elite.

The only team I can think of that won with an elite QB and not much else are the 2010 Packers, IMO

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I would be curious to know which teams have won a Super Bowl with just an elite QB only vs teams that have won with a QB thats not elite.

The only team I can think of that won with an elite QB and not much else are the 2010 Packers, IMO

do u think Joe Flacco is elite

52 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I don't really have a horse in this race, but when you essentially say, "I'm glad I'll be dead soon so I don't have to see what happens when your generation takes over" and then call someone else condescending, doesn't that come off as a bit disingenuous?

Stop using your fancy words, nerd!  You know you peaked in grad school.  That sh*t is useless  in any setting where you don't have to write a term paper.

the quarterback makes everyone on the field better. He makes the offensive linemen block harder. He makes the wide receivers get more YAC. He makes the defense give a crap cause they know they are fighting for a chance. 

If you build a team with no QB you are basically just wasting people's careers. Without a QB they have nothing.

IT doesn't take years and years of losing to find a QB they just have to Jet Up and make the damn pick. 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

the quarterback makes everyone on the field better. He makes the offensive linemen block harder. He makes the wide receivers get more YAC. He makes the defense give a crap cause they know they are fighting for a chance. 

If you build a team with no QB you are basically just wasting people's careers. Without a QB they have nothing.

IT doesn't take years and years of losing to find a QB they just have to Jet Up and make the damn pick. 

I asked this before. Name a team that has won a Super Bowl with an elite QB and no other above average players

I remember Barry Sanders. Guy would make highlight runs every game and never talked about himself, never danced in the end zone, just handed the ball to the ref. Never lifted his leg to simulate pissing like a dog. Just do it don't talk about it. NFL is a mix of football and WWE today. He's doing good, probably be great someday. Someone told me a long time ago, just excel and let people talk about how good you are. 

22 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

I remember Barry Sanders. Guy would make highlight runs every game and never talked about himself, never danced in the end zone, just handed the ball to the ref. Never lifted his leg to simulate pissing like a dog. Just do it don't talk about it. NFL is a mix of football and WWE today. He's doing good, probably be great someday. Someone told me a long time ago, just excel and let people talk about how good you are. 

It seems you are praising him for humility.  Seems strange in a thread calling him out for comparing himself to Odell Beckham Jr ( your doggy-style pisser) and announcing that if we just give him time, “I’m going to change the position.” 

I don't blame him.  It seems even he realizes that safety is not a high value position.

15 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

It seems you are praising him for humility.  Seems strange in a thread calling him out for comparing himself to Odell Beckham Jr ( your doggy-style pisser) and announcing that if we just give him time, “I’m going to change the position.” 

I don't blame him.  It seems even he realizes that safety is not a high value position.

Just remember when football players played football. Perhaps an over-reaction on my part. The game has changed and so have the players and their attitudes. 

Archived