Game 7 - Let's Go Yankees!

Maxman

The Yankees are way ahead of schedule on this rebuild. This season has been so much fun. Here is to watching them win another elimination game.

They need another big outing from CC. He is a 5 inning guy at this point, but it would be amazing if he could cruise through 6. Hand it to the pen and let's go Yankees.

This team plays the game right, they believe in themselves and they will only get better from here. Crazy to think that they are this young but hopefully they can win 5 more games this season and come back even stronger next year!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The Yankees are way ahead of schedule on this rebuild. This season has been so much fun. Here is to watching them win another elimination game.

They need another big outing from CC. He is a 5 inning guy at this point, but it would be amazing if he could cruise through 6. Hand it to the pen and let's go Yankees.

This team plays the game right, they believe in themselves and they will only get better from here. Crazy to think that they are this young but hopefully they can win 5 more games this season and come back even stronger next year!

And they still have a handful more young kids waiting in the wings with Torres, Frazier, Wade and Andujar as well a P's German and Adams.

The future is bright.

4 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

And they still have a handful more young kids waiting in the wings with Torres, Frazier, Wade and Andujar as well a P's German and Adams.

The future is bright.

I thought we would see Chance Adams up this year, but they really didn't need him. I like him though, kid had another solid year.

Frazier has been a fun story this year. But with Headley under contract, I think you let him play 3B next year until Gleyber is ready to take over. They did all this without real production from 1b or 3b this year. Crazy. Hopefully Bird can keep producing over the next week and stay healthy next year.  :)

4 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I thought we would see Chance Adams up this year, but they really didn't need him. I like him though, kid had another solid year.

Frazier has been a fun story this year. But with Headley under contract, I think you let him play 3B next year until Gleyber is ready to take over. They did all this without real production from 1b or 3b this year. Crazy. Hopefully Bird can keep producing over the next week and stay healthy next year.  :)

Ahhh...Adams still needs a third pitch to be an effective starter...he's almost there though.

If I had a choice of Frazier at his current $7 mill vs Headley at his $10 mill, I'd take Frazier every time.   Plus, he's 2 yrs younger than Headley.  Resign Frazier for half of what Headley is making and trade Headley..3B are hard to come by.

Nice problems to have I admit!

25 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I think he was referencing Clint Frazier not Todd in the young players.

32 minutes ago, Joejet said:

I think he was referencing Clint Frazier not Todd in the young players.

Ummm...Clint Frazier plays OF, not 3B...like Todd Frazier and Chase Headley.  Since he said he'd let Headley play 3B as he's under contract til Torres (INF) is ready, I believe he was talking about the interesting story of Todd Frazier this year, NYY fan as a kid who is from Toms River NJ.

Or am I being dense lol?

Well as a Met Fan I don't really care about the Yankmees and I enjoy seeing them lose. Fun Fact: I worked at Shea and Yankee Stadium as a guard for years and used to wear a Met shirt under my uni shirt. When throwing out Yankee fans I would open my shirt and say not only are you gettin' tossed but a Met Fan did it. Have a good game.

I am a life long Yankee hater and Met fan, but I have to tell you, it is really tough to hate this Yankee team. Since they did not buy all of their players this time, I rather like this team and am rooting for them to win it all. Love Joe Girardi, in fact I am hoping he is fired or quits like everyone is saying so the Mets can grab him.

29 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Ummm...Clint Frazier plays OF, not 3B...like Todd Frazier and Chase Headley.  Since he said he'd let Headley play 3B as he's under contract til Torres (INF) is ready, I believe he was talking about the interesting story of Todd Frazier this year, NYY fan as a kid who is from Toms River NJ.

Or am I being dense lol?

I’m well aware of what position Clint Frazier plays, been a huge Yankees fan since 1960.  I thought Max was replying to your post about the youngsters in which you referenced Frazier among others.  I guess I didn’t read his entire post properly.

1 hour ago, greenwave81 said:

Ahhh...Adams still needs a third pitch to be an effective starter...he's almost there though.

If I had a choice of Frazier at his current $7 mill vs Headley at his $10 mill, I'd take Frazier every time.   Plus, he's 2 yrs younger than Headley.  Resign Frazier for half of what Headley is making and trade Headley..3B are hard to come by.

Nice problems to have I admit!

I know that he wasn't referring to Todd but I'm so high on this kid and I hope he's playing third base in June next year.

Not sure headley is tradable at all it's going to be a tough problem.

Archived