### Jets \ Dolphins Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, kdels62 said:

Jets: young team with 80 Million to spend and 3 picks in the top 60. 

Spending sprees often go very well. I mean look at NE. Never spends, nearly unbeatable. Goes out and spends and looks incredibly vulnerable. 

Not to mention, it's not like the any other team has 3 picks....err..whoops. Nevermind.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

What a terrible loss. Brutal collapse. Why did Buster not get benched in the 4th quarter?

Robby throwing his helmet and having a hissy fit? He better get fined.

And it is beyond time to bench McCown. Put Petty in and start trying to build something.

I'm soooo proud of you boss.

3 minutes ago, Stark said:

Anderson is mad because he was open? McCown just can’t find open WRs 

It was a dumb mistake, but there was a flag anyway (just cost a couple of yards) and the game was already over. He can't do that, but didn't more take off his helmet? I guess it is different... either way - he has to grow up a bit if he wants to stick...

Just now, munchmemory said:

You want a classic SOJ play?  The McCown pass with the game tied.  Tell me why the fuk are we throwing there?  LMFAO!  Every year it's the same stupid shyte.  New players.  New coaches. Still a bunch of dopes.

Why not throw? There's a ton of time to get in fg range. The play call or the decision by mccown were the problem. 

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

Skrine and McCown to get game balls by the dolfags today. Awesome job guys. Tank crew gonna send you some presents too. 

After his abysmal play last year, I was in shock that this idiot/scrub was brought back.  He grabs like Cro with none of his talent.  Cut.

Just now, munchmemory said:

You want a classic SOJ play?  The McCown pass with the game tied.  Tell me why the fuk are we throwing there?  LMFAO!  Every year it's the same stupid shyte.  New players.  New coaches. Still a bunch of dopes.

I guess he felt like throwing a  pick would be different than taking a sack. 

Crazy. Well, I guess we can go back to full on tank mode lol

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

Spending sprees often go very well. I mean look at NE. Never spends, nearly unbeatable. Goes out and spends and looks incredibly vulnerable. 

Not to mention, it's not like the any other team has 3 picks....err..whoops. Nevermind.

Is it possible that they spent because they saw that they needed talent and theyd be worse without the spree? But sure I’ll buy that extra draft capital and cap space is a negative.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

just a reminder Bowles took a safety over Deshaun Watson

If Bowles somehow made Macc do something on draft day, that is still on Macc. He is the one that gets graded on the draft picks.

I have been saying all year that I think they are both back next year. If they have more performances like today, they are both going to be gone.

Robby is pissed because McCown can’t get through his progression fast enough and never sees a wide open receiver, also breaking the pocket feeling pressure that’s not there and not making simple throws. McCown os a 38 yr old rookie.  McCown doe not posses the physical ability to utilize Anderson , if I’m Anderson I hope Bowles says something to me about throwing my helmet  I’d tell him to **** off and put in a qb that wants to keep pressure on opposing defenses and can actually push the ball up field  losing sucks  losing like you did last week and this week should make the whole team pissed off.  

It should be Petty time. 

Just now, SpartanJet said:

At this point the tank dream is over, but I can still hope for maximum losses in hopes of a smooth bowel flush.

That is a pretty good recap of where it is. They got out fast and proved it wasn't a tank year. They haven't proved anything beyond that though right now.

Could end up being a flush. Have to see how they rebound.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

If Bowles somehow made Macc do something on draft day, that is still on Macc. He is the one that gets graded on the draft picks.

I have been saying all year that I think they are both back next year. If they have more performances like today, they are both going to be gone.

Maccagnan is seen less than Dr Claw. This team is all Bowles. Not that Maccagnan isnt a joke, but the decision making all points toward Bowles. Mccown, the safeties, Lee...all resources going to the defense. Both should be canned for their absurd drafts, but Bowles is clearly the front man. 

Just now, kdels62 said:

Is it possible that they spent because they saw that they needed talent and theyd be worse without the spree? But sure I’ll buy that extra draft capital and cap space is a negative.

The obvious part that sailed over your head is that free agent spending doesn't win. You need to draft good players that take up that money. The Jets haven't drafted players that are going to eat the cap space so it will be free agents...which starts the cycle from two years ago all over again.

Just now, Stark said:

Robby is pissed because McCown can’t get through his progression fast enough and never sees a wide open receiver, also breaking the pocket feeling pressure that’s not there and not making simple throws. McCown os a 38 yr old rookie.  McCown doe not posses the physical ability to utilize Anderson , if I’m Anderson I hope Bowles says something to me about throwing my helmet  I’d tell him to **** off and put in a qb that wants to keep pressure on opposing defenses and can actually push the ball up field  losing sucks  losing like you did last week and this week should make the whole team pissed off.  

It should be Petty time. 

It definitely should be. McCown's 70% completion was like a mirage. But that is what made it hard to pull the plug on him. That last drive should remove that feeling. They need to make a change.

He is 38, we don't need any more data.

5 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Because a football team that wants to win needs to break the tie by advancing the ball. McCown is what he is, but who ever the QB is is going to try to win the game there.

Problem is Jets could have taken Watson or Mahomes, but picked a safety instead. People here are blaming McCown for being who he is. He should not be the QB, period, if this franchise had an ounce of common sense.  

Even if you disagree with the play call with under a minute left in regulation it was a terrible pass. And McCown shouldn't have thrown it. It basically lost the game for us. There were many reasons but that was the final nail. He seems to have good games but makes crucial mistakes. 

Just now, Matt39 said:

Maccagnan is seen less than Dr Claw. This team is all Bowles. Not that Maccagnan isnt a joke, but the decision making all points toward Bowles. Mccown, the safeties, Lee...all resources going to the defense. Both should be canned for their absurd drafts, but Bowles is clearly the front man. 

I don't really agree. But if it is true and Macc is listening to the head coach and not doing what he wants then you just fire them both.

Just now, Matt39 said:

Maccagnan is seen less than Dr Claw. This team is all Bowles. Not that Maccagnan isnt a joke, but the decision making all Bowles. Both should be canned for their absurd drafts.

Mac had a good draft this year.  Both Adams and Maye were solid picks.  This team needs a QB. McCown plays very well in spurts, but he is not very good overall. He should be no better than a backup.

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

It definitely should be. McCown's 70% completion was like a mirage. But that is what made it hard to pull the plug on him. That last drive should remove that feeling. They need to make a change.

He is 38, we don't need any more data.

0% chance he gets pulled nor should he...  yet.

Archived