Yankees - 2018 and beyond

Maxman

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is hard to find anything to complain about with this lot.  Maybe a true playoff #2 starter and maybe that Sonny Gray has not lived up to the advanced billing. Maybe the fact that these guys have never really hit all at the same time so far but really, this is pretty heady stuff right now.  A great time to be a fan of the pinstripes.

Severino not an ace?

<scratches head a bit>

Need to walk that one back methinks.

On 6/30/2018 at 8:31 PM, Blackout said:

get sonny gray the **** outta here

He is pitching in a lot of pain right now.

Chronic Vaginal Yeast infections are nothing to laugh about.

Severino, still not pitching well.   He gave up almost 5 base runners last night, and 1 guy totally thought he was going to score.

2 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I’m hoping he opts out. I never wanted him. I wanted the Sox to keep Lester, who is way better. 

127mm left after this year. I don't see how he would opt out because he would lose a ton of money.

137 and 74 career record, nobody is matching that current deal with the way he is pitching now.

I’m hoping he opts out. I never wanted him. I wanted the Sox to keep Lester, who is way better. 

When I saw the deal they gave him, as a Yankee fan, I was happy.   He pitched great his 1st year, but that deal is going to look worse and worse.   Not as bad as Ellsbury, but not worth what he got.

GMs have to learn, without PEDs, guys age normally, meaning don't give older players a 200 million dollar deal.  

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

Price, Panda, and Hanley.    Way to go FA

All of their actual talent worth a lick has been built through the draft. Theo leaving killed that. I was okay with one of panda or Hanley. Both was terrible. I’m losing faith in Dombroski. 

49 minutes ago, Maxman said:

127mm left after this year. I don't see how he would opt out because he would lose a ton of money.

137 and 74 career record, nobody is matching that current deal with the way he is pitching now.

Oh yeah. He’s not opting out. Makes no sense for him to. He’s solid as long as he doesn’t have to face the one team they need to beat.  

All of their actual talent worth a lick has been built through the draft. Theo leaving killed that. I was okay with one of panda or Hanley. Both was terrible. I’m losing faith in Dombroski. 

Oh yeah. He’s not opting out. Makes no sense for him to. He’s solid as long as he doesn’t have to face the one team they need to beat.  

I don't like Dom at all.   Look at the contracts he handed out on his way out in Detroit.  

9 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The Sox or Yanks could win 100 games and only make the wild card. The AL sucks. 

One of them is going to win over a hundred and five and be the wildcard it is brutal.

On 7/10/2018 at 8:11 AM, Maxman said:

One of them is going to win over a hundred and five and be the wildcard it is brutal.

For those of us who didn't like the wildcard to begin with, and really despise the 2nd one, having one of the two top teams play in a one game playoff, and lose to a team with 88 wins, might just be the tonic to get rid of this farce once and for all.

2 hours ago, section314 said:

For those of us who didn't like the wildcard to begin with, and really despise the 2nd one, having one of the two top teams play in a one game playoff, and lose to a team with 88 wins, might just be the tonic to get rid of this farce once and for all.

What is the point of divisions anymore anyway. 

11 hours ago, section314 said:

And even if the Yankees survive that one game playoff they’d end up on the road, down their ace against the Sox or Astros. 

On 7/10/2018 at 7:11 AM, Maxman said:

Seattle is on pace to win 100 games, and be the visitor for the wild card.

The AL has 4 100 win type teams, and 3 really bad ones.   Baltimore and the Royals are on pace to lose about 110 games.   They could legit not win 50.   When was the last time you saw 1 team that bad, let alone 2?

Don't know how I feel about all this Machado stuff...guess it depends what we have to give up.  Still very skeptical the O's would trade with us, but if Manny's camp is telling folks he will sign with the Yankees in the offseason may be scaring other teams off.

3 hours ago, gqxluvx said:

Don't know how I feel about all this Machado stuff...guess it depends what we have to give up.  Still very skeptical the O's would trade with us, but if Manny's camp is telling folks he will sign with the Yankees in the offseason may be scaring other teams off.

Why are we going after Machado?  We have a ton of infield offense already plus the rest of our offense way more than makes up for not having  a great hitting 3B. Andujar has been effective.  If anything we need a starting pitcher

On 7/9/2018 at 9:32 AM, chirorob said:

As of the other day, the Yanks are 7 - 10 when Gray starts, about the 1990 Yankees.

Everyone else, from German and Lasagna up to Severino, 49-19, or the 98 Yankees

We have no choice but to keep gray in the rotation

Archived