Yankees - 2018 and beyond

Maxman

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

btw, it's my fathers influence, he was a Giants fan pre-Cali...  and he got sick of the lore of the Yankees, the mystique, and rooted for their nemesis, the Sox. I originally was a Mets fans but 1973 broke my 6 yr old heart, especially that phukked up Harrelson call at home plate...

so i swore off baseball and found the Jets..  but my old man was hyped that the sox might pull it out in 75 and , of course, that series was bananas...so i became a sox fan before they managed to blow a 3-0 lead in game 7.

anyway the rivalry has become kinda tepid...    

2 minutes ago, chirorob said:

10 runs the first 100+ games of the season.   7 in 10 minutes yesterday.

How does Boone not get him out of there faster?

Agreed. Only thing I can figure is that we wanted to save his bull pen since CC only gave him 3 innings which really hurt.  Guess that didn't work.

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Some damage this weekend. 

It's hard to compete when. The Yankees are at such a payroll disadvantage.

Seriously though the red Sox are a machine this year. They are incredible.

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

I lol'ed.  

Well that was a lost weekend.  Division is pretty much over, but I think the Yankees will get hot again before the season's over.  I am concerned that Judge will not be truly healthy even when he comes back which is a major concern.  He is the glue of the offense and I do not think they can make a serious run without him.  

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Gonna be fun watching them get eliminated in October 

15 hours ago, SMC said:

Yanks are 8-16 without Judge in the lineup the last 2 years.  Not pitching well is also an issue.  They need Judge back ASAP and starters to give them length. 

They should still have enough offense to beat the bad teams.  They have the weakest strength of schedule rest of the season

21 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Gonna be fun watching them get eliminated in October 

Maybe. But the Sox team right now is very good. And they’ll be getting a lot of key players back soon too. There is definitely a good feeling about this team. They’re good. Really good. 

On 8/4/2018 at 7:32 PM, CrazyCarl40 said:

Oh stop. Winning the American League East isn’t the goal of either team. Focus on the wildcard and figure out who can win that one game playoff. But this weekend has been fun. 

That is was. Went to bed Sunday nite with Sawx down 4-1 and woke up to a series sweep. Let's see how long Sale is out.

On 8/1/2018 at 5:04 PM, chirorob said:

Gray is literally the biggest load of crap I have ever seen.

Gray has been much better on the road.  I’m going to get carpetbombed for saying this but if we make a run in the playoffs they should consider starting him on a road game especially since we will have to use Tanaka or Severino in the wildcard game

Archived