Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

Yankees - 2018 and beyond

On 12/17/2017 at 8:02 AM, Philc1 said:

Yanks resigned CC and actually at less money than probably what he could have gotten somewhere else. Nice

That's a nice deal.   He is on a team that can compete, where he likes to be and they got a very fair market 1 year deal.

On 12/18/2017 at 10:26 AM, chirorob said:

That's a nice deal.   He is on a team that can compete, where he likes to be and they got a very fair market 1 year deal.

CC could have gotten a 2 year deal with more money on the open market.  He must really like it here and we like him

On 12/22/2017 at 10:19 AM, chirorob said:

Yanks going hard for Gerrit Cole off of Pit.

He's the guy they draft in the 1st round, couldn't sign, and then he was the #1 overall by Pitt.

I’d pass on him...  at least at the current asking price

10 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

I’d pass on him...  at least at the current asking price

Good to see you!

Yeah, I don't know he's that big an upgrade to give up a ton.

Yanks reached agreements with all their arbitration eligible players according to ESPN, which puts their salaries at $177 mil, which is $20 mil less than the luxury tax threshold.  This put's them in prime position to spend big money next year without getting a huge tax hit (reduced from 50% to 20%)

On 1/12/2018 at 5:02 PM, SMC said:

Yanks reached agreements with all their arbitration eligible players according to ESPN, which puts their salaries at $177 mil, which is $20 mil less than the luxury tax threshold.  This put's them in prime position to spend big money next year without getting a huge tax hit (reduced from 50% to 20%)

No need to spend big money right now go after the big aces like Kershaw next year