Yankees - 2018 and beyond

Maxman

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/22/2018 at 10:24 PM, SMC said:

Severino is quietly, really, really good

It was fun seeing Torres up there finally, even though he left a basketball team on the bases today. LOL. Him and Andujar in the lineup is exciting. Drury got Wally Pip'd. Wade simply blew his chance.  Judge & Sanchez struggled in their first tries but came on strong in their second stints. Wade stunk his second time around.

Andujar is raking.  Give Torres time

I’m much more concerned about the starting rotation 

4 hours ago, HessStation said:

Will we ever see this lineup?

1. Hicks CF

2. Judge RF

3. Dede SS

4. Stanton DH

5. Bird 1B

6. Sanchez C

7. Frazier LF

8. Andjuar 3B

9. Torres 2B

Only if Bird and Hicks can stay healthy at the same time.

4 hours ago, HessStation said:

Will we ever see this lineup?

1. Hicks CF

2. Judge RF

3. Dede SS

4. Stanton DH

5. Bird 1B

6. Sanchez C

7. Frazier LF

8. Andjuar 3B

9. Torres 2B

I like to see that lineup but with Gardner in it instead of Frazier. Hicks batting 7th.

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

That's basically the lineup when Bird comes back. I don't know I'm just super high on Frazier. He's the right, needed kind of personality too imo.

I like him a lot. He seems like he has an attitude which is good. Just hope he fits in if\when he gets back.

Can't believe Ellsbury and Frazier have both been out this entire time.

On 4/10/2018 at 1:30 PM, afjetsfan said:

What this season is telling me so far is sluggers are overrated.  Give me a team full of Didi Gs and we'd be unstoppable.  Stanton, Judge and Sanchez have been pretty disappointing so far.  We'll see, too early to tell.  Excited for tonights matchup with the Red Sox.

Didi is a slugger!

On 4/10/2018 at 1:33 PM, afjetsfan said:

When I think of "can't stay healthy" Bird comes to mind.  Interesting to see if he is even in the league a year from now.

Nick Johnson-esque.

47 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Great win yesterday by yanks but the thing im happiest most about is German pitching well 

I just hope Monty is OK.   He had a very solid rookie year, and he may not be a #1 starter, but he is a real solid 3/4, with upside

1 hour ago, gqxluvx said:

Wow, what a performance from Sevy.  I still think this team will need to acquire a starter at some point but Sevy is legit.

4 hits allowed.    2 infield singles against a great hitting team.

Monty is out 6-8 weeks.   Bad, but not Tommy John bad.

On 5/2/2018 at 10:04 AM, chirorob said:

I just hope Monty is OK.   He had a very solid rookie year, and he may not be a #1 starter, but he is a real solid 3/4, with upside

Montgomery out 6-8 weeks.  At least it’s not TJ. As phenomenal as the Yankees are playing right now this past series I’m very happy that both Sonny and German pitched well because we need both to be at least decent next 2 months

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Montgomery out 6-8 weeks.  At least it’s not TJ. As phenomenal as the Yankees are playing right now this past series I’m very happy that both Sonny and German pitched well because we need both to be at least decent next 2 months

If Sonny just turns back into close to what the Yanks traded for.   With their bullpen, 6 innings, 2-3 runs and you are gold

Wow, what a phenomenal road trip by the Yanks. 6-1 with 3/4 from the Champs. 

I do believe Cashman will make a move for another starter, probably with a package centered around Clint Frazier and Chance Adams

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

This team is so much fun.  More fun than the '98 team because they are homegrown.

(The 1998 comparison is a good one, that team overachieved big time lol).

It shouldn’t, but this still makes me laugh. 

Archived