Yankees - 2018 and beyond

Maxman

8 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not getting Sale this series is a plus. 

Yep, that was the one matchup Yanks wouldn't have the advantage. Now they do in this series.

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, chirorob said:

It's May, but this is shaping up to be a good season.   NY and Boston, Houston and Angels.

And our starting pitching which was supposed to be our weakness has been surprisingly good

40 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And our starting pitching which was supposed to be our weakness has been surprisingly good

It will all be health.

Sanchez is a worry.   still hitting under 200, and his defense is not good.

35 minutes ago, chirorob said:

It will all be health.

The past ball thing is always going to be a concern. I don't think he is a terrible defensive catcher all things considered because his arm is great.

3 hours ago, chirorob said:

It will all be health.

The passed balls is an issue, but Sanchez still calls a good game.  The Mendoza average is alarming, but I think with his history he'll rebound

WHAT A GAME!!!

Just got back from there Yanks Sox game. Tanaka was steady and right up there w/Porcello even though it didn't seem like it. 

GORGEOUS Day and cool evening for a game that was PLAYOFF INTENSE w/rival Sox fans talking trash EVERY TIME they went up in the score. NO ONE in the stands was worried, you FELT the confidence that THIS 2018 team WOULD come back and win. Chapman SPITS FIRE!

This team is SPECIAL. I'm just filled w/JOY and what an AMAZING game it was and how EVERY Yankee fan KNEW what this victory meant.

1st PLACE!!!!

6 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

WHAT A GAME!!!

Just got back from there Yanks Sox game. Tanaka was steady and right up there w/Porcello even though it didn't seem like it. 

GORGEOUS Day and cool evening for a game that was PLAYOFF INTENSE w/rival Sox fans talking trash EVERY TIME they went up in the score. NO ONE in the stands was worried, you FELT the confidence that THIS 2018 team WOULD come back and win. Chapman SPITS FIRE!

This team is SPECIAL. I'm just filled w/JOY and what an AMAZING game it was and how EVERY Yankee fan KNEW what this victory meant.

1st PLACE!!!!

It’s May. 

34 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

It’s May. 

It is only May(early May). Just as it was silly to bury them when they were struggling a few weeks back it's silly to anoint them b/c they are playing great but I do think they are much closer to the hot version than the struggling version but it's a LONG season, a lot can happen btw now and October.

2 hours ago, SMC said:

I love Gleyber, but man is he slow.  That's the only tool he's missing.  On Gardner's triple, Gardner was nearly on 3rd while Gleyber was only halfway to home.

Yeah they list him as an average runner. I thought he would be fast, since he was a shortstop. Kid can do everything else though.

3 hours ago, SMC said:

I love Gleyber, but man is he slow.  That's the only tool he's missing.  On Gardner's triple, Gardner was nearly on 3rd while Gleyber was only halfway to home.

He also needs to eliminate that slide from his game. Had to get TJ surgery last year because of similar slide into home at AAA. 

11 hours ago, SMC said:

Sonny Gray is hot garbage

He really is.

I don't know if it's New York, or what.   He pitches so slow, so little confidence.   I thought it was a good trade at the time, but it's going to wind up being a clunker.

On 5/9/2018 at 2:23 PM, Maxman said:

The past ball thing is always going to be a concern. I don't think he is a terrible defensive catcher all things considered because his arm is great.

Sanchez’s defense is not that bad and he can actually throw out runners on base.  His hitting has sucked and to me he looks out of shape 

On 5/10/2018 at 2:18 PM, Tyler Durden said:

For real though, Torres looks like a 10 year vet. Love his approach. Feel good about him in a big spot. Turns a double play as good as Cano did, he's been in the middle of everything these past few weeks. 

What a great trade by cash man getting him for renting out Aroldis

22 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Not sure yet depends on who decides to clean house. 

Kinda sucks.   Gray was supposed to be a good arm, but he is falling apart.   Fowler is already back and recovered, and is a left handed OF who could have taken over CF.  

I don't kill Cashman for the deal, it seemed to make sense at the time.   No one could have predicted Gray would fall apart like this.

21 hours ago, chirorob said:

Kinda sucks.   Gray was supposed to be a good arm, but he is falling apart.   Fowler is already back and recovered, and is a left handed OF who could have taken over CF.  

I don't kill Cashman for the deal, it seemed to make sense at the time.   No one could have predicted Gray would fall apart like this.

We might simply have to go war with what we have rest of the season.  German has been effective mostly which is huge because when Jordan comes back we can stick Gray in the pen 

Then sign Kershaw and/or Keuchel next offseason

Sucks that Chance Adams is off to a bad start at AAA. Dude was 31 and 7 going into this year. I think the velocity was a concern for the next level but this year I don't know what is going on. 5.67 era, ouch.

On 5/15/2018 at 7:47 AM, Philc1 said:

I heard somewhere King Felix but even if that’s true the Yankees would probably have to give up Gleyber so no

He is not close to what he was.   230 innings total in the last 2 years, ERA has gone up for 4 straight years since he had that awesome 2.14 season. 

Pass.

Archived