Yankees - 2018 and beyond

Maxman

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cashman will trade for a starter this summer. I can't fathom him not doing so.

Last night was all on CC. He got a 4 run lead and then a 5 run lead in the 5th but couldn't finish out the inning. He finishes out the 5th with no runs scored and they win the game last night.

The bullpen has not been as good, but I think that is a trickle down effect of Kahle and Warren being on the DL.  Robertson and Green will get stronger, but they've been stretched so far and their effectiveness is down.

On 5/22/2018 at 12:04 AM, Tyler Durden said:

Yankees are 31-13 with best record in baseball. And it kinda feels like they haven’t played their best yet.

Sanchez hasn’t started really hitting yet and Montgomery will be back in 3-5 weeks

3 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

We need better pitching or the Astros are going to continue to beat us down as they did last series in the playoffs.

It was a 7 game series so I’m not sure where the phrase “beat down” applies.  It would be great to trade for an ace SP but teams are going to ask for Gleyber and that’s a resounding showstopper

Montgomery will be back in 3-4 weeks.  Maybe we can use Betances as trade bait but you’re not getting anything better than a decent middle rotation guy and it’s robbing Peter to pay Paul 

23 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

It was a 7 game series so I’m not sure where the phrase “beat down” applies.  It would be great to trade for an ace SP but teams are going to ask for Gleyber and that’s a resounding showstopper

Montgomery will be back in 3-4 weeks.  Maybe we can use Betances as trade bait but you’re not getting anything better than a decent middle rotation guy and it’s robbing Peter to pay Paul 

I hope you are right because we need the extra push. What’s disappointing to me is losing to these guys again and again though. The offseason moves made me feel like NYY was unstoppable. Stanton has been so inconsistent....I’m hoping it’s just because he has to get use to the pitching and competition in the AL.

4 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

We need better pitching or the Astros are going to continue to beat us down as they did last series in the playoffs.

Verlander vs the Yankees 8th starter today. That is a dream matchup. Get Verlander out of the way.

The rotation needs a # 2, a solid 2, push Tanaka to 3 and then they are all set. They have the chips and should be able to pull something off. Hopefully it involves getting rid of Sonny boy at the same time.

10 hours ago, gqxluvx said:

At this rate it would not shock me if the Yankees try and trade Gray at the deadline.  Some team might just think he can't handle the pressure of NY.

Realistically I could see the Yankees trading Betances and a minor leaguer for a mid-rotation SP and then signing Andrew Miller in the offseason 

On 5/10/2018 at 1:34 PM, Maxman said:

That is the cool part, this team is so young it is exciting to think of how much better they will be in October.

Or how they might fall apart because of the inexperience and pressure....... just sayin  lol

23 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

WHATTA GAME! Exciting down to the wire and the Yanks pull it off.

Can we steal this last one? I’ll be glad when we are done with this H2H series with Houston.

Keuchel owns the Yankees tho I guess not

On 5/28/2018 at 10:07 PM, Philc1 said:

As long as Bet only pitches 1 inning, he has been really good.   It's when they try to make him go 2 he gets in trouble.

13 hours ago, SMC said:

Big blow to the Yanks as Jordan Montgomery needs Tommy John surgery

Sucks.  We could offer a nice package to the Mets for DeGrom but no way they trade him to us even if we make a good offer

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Sucks.  We could offer a nice package to the Mets for DeGrom but no way they trade him to us even if we make a good offer

I was talking to one of my friends about this.   he's also a Yankee fan, but loves DeGrom.   The only way the Mets do that is if Cash massively over pays for him, which I don't think he will do.

On 6/6/2018 at 10:42 AM, chirorob said:

I was talking to one of my friends about this.   he's also a Yankee fan, but loves DeGrom.   The only way the Mets do that is if Cash massively over pays for him, which I don't think he will do.

Sucks because it makes sense for the Mets too we could pretty much offer them a revamped starting lineup and bullpen 

3 hours ago, gqxluvx said:

Toronto has been really bad but hopefully Gray has finally turned the corner.

Excellent start last night by Gray.  He never let adversity get to him and pitched 8 strong We need this dude to keep it up

Mets can get blue chip prospects for deGrom, but they can't be stupid in this.  He's 29 and an elbow strain away from his value tanking.

Also, we have to be mindful of the other top pitching trades (BOS for Sales, CHC for Chapmen, CLE for Miller) and none of them involved 25 man roster players.  Mets are not getting Torres or Andujar in any trade. They can get top position player prospects (which they desparately need) in Fraizer, Florial, etc.

6 hours ago, SMC said:

Mets can get blue chip prospects for deGrom, but they can't be stupid in this.  He's 29 and an elbow strain away from his value tanking.

Also, we have to be mindful of the other top pitching trades (BOS for Sales, CHC for Chapmen, CLE for Miller) and none of them involved 25 man roster players.  Mets are not getting Torres or Andujar in any trade. They can get top position player prospects (which they desparately need) in Fraizer, Florial, etc.

The Mets aren't getting Frazier and nobody is getting Florial.

Archived