You Take a Knee and go to OT

jmat321

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, RESNewYork said:

With 47 seconds and 3 time outs you do not sit on it. The whole field is open and you don't have to go sideline with 3 time outs. McCown did not need to force it to the sideline with 3 timeouts. Inexcusable throw. 

Totally agree. They made the right call to try and go for it. McCown is expected to make better decisions. Especially in that spot. Terrible decision, terrible throw. It's on him.

It's easy to blame the CS after he throws the pick but you judge the decision, not the result. It was the right decision to go for it IMO.

Just now, kevinc855 said:

47 seconds and three timeouts? You don’t understand football 

I understand that Miami has all the momentum, we are pinned deep and we are rolling out the great Josh McCown.  I take the knee and hope for better field position in OT...

Why do we take a knee at the end of the first half instead of taking a shot? ??
We should've taken a knee in the 2 be half and tried to regroup for OT
I get the feeling Bowles is coaching for self preservation rather than trying to win a game.
Or he doesn't trust his team.
When the running game was stymied in the 2nd half where was McGuire

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Not Gona debate that. But knee? No.

Watching the game in that spot, all the momentum was going Miami's way.  I would not have taken a knee.  But would have wanted safe throws over the middle where they were giving up space.  Maybe we break one and get into field goal range.  

1 minute ago, peebag said:

..and you don't understand the history of the New York Jets.

I’m sorry I don’t believe in that superstitious nonsense. The 1980s jets or 95 jets or whatever do not dictate how you make a play call. This is why your fans drinking beer on the couch and they are pros 

I’m sorry I don’t believe in that superstitious nonsense. The 1980s jets or 95 jets or whatever do not dictate how you make a play call. This is why your fans drinking beer on the couch and they are pros 

Dude, I was 11 when we won our last Super Bowl.  I'm now in my 60s.  I'm thinking Leon Hess must have gone on a mirror smashing spree somewhere along the line.

19 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

47 seconds and three timeouts? You don’t understand football 

Hey Kevin. I'm not professing to be all knowledgeable about football but I played till college at a D3 school. The lowest of college competition. And I assure you with 3 timeouts and 47 seconds you do not take a knee. 

14 minutes ago, Randy Rasmussen said:

Why do we take a knee at the end of the first half instead of taking a shot? ??
We should've taken a knee in the 2 be half and tried to regroup for OT
I get the feeling Bowles is coaching for self preservation rather than trying to win a game.
Or he doesn't trust his team.
When the running game was stymied in the 2nd half where was McGuire

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I thought exactly the same thing. End of the 1st half the momentum was swinging in our favour and I sorta fancied us to get into FG range at that point.

At the end though, we were seriously struggling and Miami were flying, had their tails up and the crowd was behind them for what seemed like the first time in the game. It wasn’t about the time for me but the way the game was going. Knee, regroup and OT was the sensible call for me.

4 minutes ago, slats said:

I expected them to take the game to OT, but I like the aggressive move from the coach. The Jets just don't have a QB who could execute it. 

True, Josh as done well, but he's limited, hence career back up.

What ever happens Bowles and Macc find a QB in the off season or they are fired. 

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

True, Josh as done well, but he's limited, hence career back up.

What ever happens Bowles and Macc find a QB in the off season or they are fired. 

agree, time to end the $125k per game starting checks and start proving to the world that hack or petty have the answer or not

3 division losses, playoffs are out of reach even with green glasses

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

There would have been a lot of people bitching that Bowles is too conservative if we just sat on the ball with 3 TO's. I'm not pissed at the decision to not sit on it I'm pissed at the awful rookie like decision that made McClown make that pass. Thats inexcusable. 

Exactly. The takeaway should be “McCown is NOT a QB that can be trusted with 3 timeouts and a game on the line so let’s move on from him.”

I'm a conservative kind of guy and understood going with McCown's experience. However, the mistakes at the wrong time are starting to add up and it's IMO cancelling out any difference in starting Petty instead.

I really like McCown the team guy, I think he could be a good QB coach in future, but I'd be happy with a switch now. Bowles needs to realize if McCown can't get us home against NE and MIA with leads like that, then he won't get us home in the unlikely chance we make the playoffs and the pressure that brings.

Normally with a minute left and 3 time outs it's not crazy to try to get first downs and kick a field goal. But the Jets offense wasn't working at that point in the game. And who knew McCown would make that throw. If Bowles really wanted to be aggressive what about his defense in the 4th quarter. It allowed them to get back in the game. 

Archived