Cut Robby Anderson NOW

Lot K Tailgaters

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Has Robbie Anderson made one tough catch yet this season ? If anyone is near him and contests him in any way he drops the ball every single time. Last year It looked like he had promise with his blazing speed but hes extremely soft and almost never makes a catch over the middle.

He's a burner, a 3rd reciever, a UDFA he's ok I like him. He's just never going to be a 1or 2 reciever. What he can do is take a lid off a D, which helps around, if we has a real QB of course.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Cutting him seems kind of self-defeating, but the paste-eaters should probably settle down a bit. He’s really not that good, and he seems like a douche to boot.

Since (from your profile pic) you're clearly a Simpson fan...

image.png

14 hours ago, Maxman said:

I think Robby would be a good 4th receiver. His size (lack of) still concerns me. Let him stretch the field. But I don't see him ever being the go to guy.

Gee I wonder why then our GM would dedicate an entire offseason to making him the go to guy

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

McCown had 3 TD's and played well while leading us to a 28-14 lead the defense gave up the game with terrible play and penalties. But of course McDope showed up at the end to hand over the game to the Fin's. McCown is like the story of 2 totally different QB's within every game he plays. And just FWIW no QB is going to go to a WR like Anderson who can't find a way to make the tough catch

FWIW - Anderson gets the ball plenty.  He has 21 receptions.  They go to them.  McCown missed him a bunch.  All good.  McCown is who he is...but the shame of it is, he's probably the best player on this team. 

34 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Gee I wonder why then our GM would dedicate an entire offseason to making him the go to guy

I am not sure, in fairness though I bet Macc secretly hoped that Robby would be the #3.

1. Enunwa

2. Any of the kids

3. Anderson

Obviously didn't work out like that with Quincy getting hurt and Kearse being part of the Sheldon trade. 

3 hours ago, JiF said:

FWIW - Anderson gets the ball plenty.  He has 21 receptions.  They go to them.  McCown missed him a bunch.  All good.  McCown is who he is...but the shame of it is, he's probably the best player on this team. 

It was said yesterday; when McCown needs a 3rd down play or is under pressure - he throws to Kerley. Often when he throws to Anderson, it is behind him or Anderson is in double/triple coverage. The reason we are told that McCown gives us the best chance to win is so that he can get rid of the ball quickly, read defenses better, and make good decisions. He doesn't do any of that. Yet people are calling for a young kid that can contribute and stretch the field because he isn't perfect and is a bit immature. He is 24 years old; how many of us didn't do stupid things at that age.

The coaches should make sure he knows how dumb this was. I am sure our WR coach will have some strong words for him. If next year (or the year after), he is pulling this crap when he should have grown and the team actually has a chance of winning something, then you let him go. Give the kid a break. Even if there wasn't a penalty, we weren't winning the game anyway. And, quite frankly if we hadn't given up 17 unanswered points and just blown a big play he probably doesn't loose his cool.... Hell, I wanted to throw something at my TV and I haven't seen my 20s for quite a while....

After watching Robby Anderson's helmet spike/unsportsmanlike-conduct penalty, Jets coach Todd Bowles said, "We don't condone anything like that. We don't tolerate anything like that. It won't happen again." Bowles said he talked to Anderson about it and "we're on the same page." He said Anderson has to "find a better way to handle his frustration and he will." Bowles refrained from commenting after the game because he said he didn't see it.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fcimini_Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

I am not sure, in fairness though I bet Macc secretly hoped that Robby would be the #3.

1. Enunwa

2. Any of the kids

3. Anderson

Obviously didn't work out like that with Quincy getting hurt and Kearse being part of the Sheldon trade. 

I am not sure, in fairness though I bet Macc secretly hoped Christian Hackenberg would be the #1 QB.

Meanwhile he's still just #3. As in, he'd need to play a good amount better to be a #2. 

You want I should explain? :)

12 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Has Robbie Anderson made one tough catch yet this season ? If anyone is near him and contests him in any way he drops the ball every single time. Last year It looked like he had promise with his blazing speed but hes extremely soft and almost never makes a catch over the middle.

Exactly!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I am not sure, in fairness though I bet Macc secretly hoped Christian Hackenberg would be the #1 QB.

Meanwhile he's still just #3. As in, he'd need to play a good amount better to be a #2. 

The questions are:

1. Would have be able to get the distance with his helmet if he threw it?

2. Would he hit the referee by mistake?

3. If he throw his helmet - would anyone see it?

I really don't hate on the guy, I just thought it was funny....

15 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

The Jets didn’t cut Sheldon they traded him. And his “lack of maturity” had very little to do with it. There’s no reason to get rid of a young guy showing emotion after a tough loss. 

They wanted Sheldon and his issues out of the locker room.  Anderson was only arrested a couple months ago.  Nothing wrong with showing emotion but there were still 8 seconds left.  The chance of winning was a long shot but you don’t cost the team another 15 yards 

6 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

They wanted Sheldon and his issues out of the locker room.  Anderson was only arrested a couple months ago.  Nothing wrong with showing emotion but there were still 8 seconds left.  The chance of winning was a long shot but you don’t cost the team another 15 yards 

There were a myriad of factors that influenced the decision in trading Sheldon like money, playing time, etc. The calls to cut Anderson are short-sighted and delusional. Not going to happen. 

Anderson is a deep ball threat. Jets need that. Dumb penalty but at least shows some passion.

21 Receptions, 2Tds

Kerley

21 Receptions, 1Td

Kearse 

27 Receptions, 4Tds

ASJ 

26 Receptions, 3Tds

2nd year in the league. I say keep him around..

20 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I want to tell you to explain because I know it will cause you to type 10,000 words. But other than that, no reason to explain lol.

On 10/23/2017 at 12:51 AM, Lot K Tailgaters said:

There were plenty of things to be mad about today but I have no tolerance for on field meltdowns.  I have a higher tolerance for holding penalties or offsides than I do for unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.  

Remember this is the same guy who got arrested this offseason. We cut Sheldon Richardson for his lack of maturity.  Anderson should be the same.  

When did we cut Sheldon Richardson? 

1 hour ago, MaxAF said:

Anderson is a deep ball threat. Jets need that. Dumb penalty but at least shows some passion.

21 Receptions, 2Tds

Kerley

21 Receptions, 1Td

Kearse 

27 Receptions, 4Tds

ASJ 

26 Receptions, 3Tds

2nd year in the league. I say keep him around..

Are those his stats? Can we imagine how his stats would be if McCown didn't under throw him 3-4 times a game.

Archived