Cut Robby Anderson NOW

Lot K Tailgaters

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knee jerk reaction to a bad loss. Look this is what this team is. They never were as good as their record and their play the last two games shows it. From the HC on down this team is not as good as they looked when they won and the question remains as to whether they are as bad as they looked when they lost. Somewhere in between I think. There are going to be more of these games and with their upcoming schedule it will get worse before it gets better. They may win a game or two they aren't supposed too but this is what they are. This is the roller coaster that this team is. You have a QB who has never been the answer at any time or for any team he has played for. How can you expect any different results? Look for more of these performances all season and know that they will not win many more games this year.

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

Knee jerk reaction to a bad loss. Look this is what this team is. They never were as good as their record and their play the last two games shows it. From the HC on down this team is not as good as they looked when they won and the question remains as to whether they are as bad as they looked when they lost. Somewhere in between I think. There are going to be more of these games and with their upcoming schedule it will get worse before it gets better. They may win a game or two they aren't supposed too but this is what they are. This is the roller coaster that this team is. You have a QB who has never been the answer at any time or for any team he has played for. How can you expect any different results? Look for more of these performances all season and know that they will not win many more games this year.

Win or lose Robbie Anderson is a bad football player. 

Really, let's cut the guy because he made a really stupid mistake that didn't even cost his team. There was a hold, so the helmet throw at most cost the Jets 2 1/2 yards. Suspend him a game - yes. Fine him - yes. The kid is a young player he is still immature. If we cut every jet that made a stupid mistake, we wouldn't have a team. This is what happens when you have a young team - dumb mistakes. 

He has been playing better lately, IMO. The problem with a lot of his 'drops' is that McCown is constantly under-throwing him. As far as one trick pony - he has caught plenty of balls in the middle of the field.

McCown throw across his body deep in his own territory with less than a minute left in a tie game. If you are going to cut a player for a stupid mistake - let's start there. Skrine blatantly ran into a guy when he had 2 others for help and just a much cost us the game as McCown cut him. Bowles went into prevent in the 3rd quarter and called the most baffling TOs - lets cut him.

Robbie may turn out to be crap, but really, throw him away after a stupid play on a game where the other team scored 17 unanswered points on the second to last play with 20 seconds left in the game....

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Win or lose Robbie Anderson is a bad football player. 

Maybe so, maybe not. He needs a few more games to see what he is. That's what this season is for. To see who can play and who can't. By the end of the season we will know the answers. Until then the season will play out as it will. Cutting off your nose to spite your face has never been a solution and isn't now.

Just now, JetFaninMI said:

Maybe so, maybe not. He needs a few more games to see what he is. That's what this season is for. To see who can play and who can't. By the end of the season we will know the answers. Until then the season will play out as it will. Cutting off your nose to spite your face has never been a solution and isn't now.

Then explain Josh McCown as our starting QB we all know he sucks so does the rest of the NFL .

Robbie Anderson is a BUM 

3 hours ago, peebag said:

lol...f*ckin' Jets fans....

Agreed. Yeah, might just as well just the best young WR we have?? We have so many great WR's signed for the long haul and no other team would want him so why consider a trade....Jet fans.

6 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Then explain Josh McCown as our starting QB we all know he sucks so does the rest of the NFL .

Robbie Anderson is a BUM 

I did in the previous post. McCown has never been the answer for any team he has played for. He is only starting because Bowles is under the impression that he can save his job by starting a vet. Anderson will continue to be here until he isn't. No way they will cut him because of today and he will continue to be a part of this team no matter what is said on these boards or in the press. Letting off steam is okay and there will be more of it in the coming weeks. Just don't expect anything to come of it. You know it won't as well as I do.

Cutting him over that would be silly. However Anderson doesnt seem to have any awareness with regards to who he is, his past and his talent. The guy went undrafted and acts like he needs Antonio Brown targets. Calm down there pal and worry about getting open and catching the ball.

1 hour ago, HighPitch said:

Hes a punk....... That penalty was huge. 

I want to punch him in the mouth for his punk ass sissy fit but cutting him winds up hurting us. 

If you want to show balls bench/cut skrine or wilk

How was it huge , there was already a penalty on the play, so the Jets were minimally going back yards. And how do we know that Robby didn't see the flag down on our oline and just lost it because it was raining flags on the Jets today.

Please stop. Anderson shows emotion and cares. He wants to win. He is fast. The NFL is a fast game. He can stretch a defense out. I can think of 5 other guys on this team who should be cut before even considering cutting Anderson. Ok he did 2 stupid things today. The TD celebration was funny at the time, but now looks obnoxious because we lost. The helmet thing, childish yet emotional. Again, Anderson wants to win, young kid he'll mature eventually. I'll take that on my team any day.

I will say that I would rather have lost today 45-0 instead of the way we absolutely $hit the bed yet again in crunch time. 

All the guys wanting the jets to cut him would be the first to whine when he excels on his new team. 

This isn't an Odell situation. It's a one time thing and he may have thought the game was over. It was moronic and he should be disciplined by the team but cutting him is just today sojf nonsense 

53 minutes ago, thshadow said:

Also - how are we talking about Robby's helmet throw, when McCown made what I think is the worst play I've ever seen in a professional football game?

Clearly you didn't watch Fitz play last year. McCown isn't the reason we lost today. If I had to pick one guy to blame the loss on, it's clearly Busted Skrine. I get Anderson's frustration though. 

24 minutes ago, j4jets said:

Clearly you didn't watch Fitz play last year. McCown isn't the reason we lost today. If I had to pick one guy to blame the loss on, it's clearly Busted Skrine. I get Anderson's frustration though. 

McCown played fine but when your an old vet starting on a rebuilding team those types of mistakes are unacceptable. 

If Petty had the exact same game today I'd come away happy because it would be part of the learning process. If it were up to me, that would be the last pass mccown would have thrown for the Jets. 

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

How was it huge , there was already a penalty on the play, so the Jets were minimally going back yards. And how do we know that Robby didn't see the flag down on our oline and just lost it because it was raining flags on the Jets today.

I was listening in my car. It sounded huge. Still, a real dumb move 

1 hour ago, j4jets said:

Clearly you didn't watch Fitz play last year. McCown isn't the reason we lost today.

I honestly can't think of a more embarrassingly pathetic (single) play...  We were in our own end with, what, 45 seconds left?  In a TIE game.  And he throws this lame duck up for grabs... FOR NO REASON!!  Let's say the defender slips on the turf, and he completes the pass.  What does that yield, like a 3 yard gain?  I mean, I'd be pissed if a rookie made that play.  That'd be embarrassing for a college QB...

Robbie Anderson is a fantastic UDFA WR and a great WR4.  He is cheap.  Before Kerley and Kearse he was WR1.  

He obviously has maturity issues which odds are will never get better.  Let's use him as a WR3-4-5 and hope he straightens out.  Otherwise he is a good target, but not someone to build your offense around.

There were plenty of things to be mad about today but I have no tolerance for on field meltdowns.  I have a higher tolerance for holding penalties or offsides than I do for unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.  

Remember this is the same guy who got arrested this offseason. We cut Sheldon Richardson for his lack of maturity.  Anderson should be the same.  

12 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Cutting him seems kind of self-defeating, but the paste-eaters should probably settle down a bit. He’s really not that good, and he seems like a douche to boot.

Has Robbie Anderson made one tough catch yet this season ? If anyone is near him and contests him in any way he drops the ball every single time. Last year It looked like he had promise with his blazing speed but hes extremely soft and almost never makes a catch over the middle.

4 hours ago, JiF said:

McCown missed Anderson all day long.  He got behind their safeties like 3 times today and didn’t get the ball.  Once he didn’t have a defender with in 15-20 yards

McCown had 3 TD's and played well while leading us to a 28-14 lead the defense gave up the game with terrible play and penalties. But of course McDope showed up at the end to hand over the game to the Fin's. McCown is like the story of 2 totally different QB's within every game he plays. And just FWIW no QB is going to go to a WR like Anderson who can't find a way to make the tough catch

4 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

There were plenty of things to be mad about today but I have no tolerance for on field meltdowns.  I have a higher tolerance for holding penalties or offsides than I do for unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.  

Remember this is the same guy who got arrested this offseason. We cut Sheldon Richardson for his lack of maturity.  Anderson should be the same.  

The Jets didn’t cut Sheldon they traded him. And his “lack of maturity” had very little to do with it. There’s no reason to get rid of a young guy showing emotion after a tough loss. 

Archived