Cut Robby Anderson NOW

Lot K Tailgaters

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/23/2017 at 5:15 AM, Smashmouth said:

Has Robbie Anderson made one tough catch yet this season ? If anyone is near him and contests him in any way he drops the ball every single time. Last year It looked like he had promise with his blazing speed but hes extremely soft and almost never makes a catch over the middle.

Robbie Anderson would like to apologize for getting to wide open yesterday on all of his catches. He promises to get less separation next week so he can attempt to catch "contested" passes...

51 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Robbie Anderson would like to apologize for getting to wide open yesterday on all of his catches. He promises to get less separation next week so he can attempt to catch "contested" passes...

WprcTbT79Huc8.gif

6 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

5 hours ago, kelly said:

WprcTbT79Huc8.gif

So Robbie Anderson had a good game (his first 100 yard game in his first 2 years) on a rain soaked field where DB's had a hard time covering due to bad footing but that great game out weighs all the tough catches Anderson has dropped all season long ?

Anderson is soft and the fact that he caught passes while wide open does not dispute the fact he cant make the tough catch when a DB is on him tight and the ball is right in his hands. In the playoff's ( if we ever get there again) your going to want a WR to make the tough catches because he will be going against a premium defense. Robbie Anderson is simply not that big game big catch WR YET I hope he gets there but to praise him for one good game after a ton of contested drops this season we are going to have to see more than just one good game. Post again when Anderson makes a tough catch over the middle in a game saving situation 4h quarter drive then maybe I'll change my stance on him because in todays NFL you are not going to see Robbie Anderson playing in a tropical storm running free all over the field.

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

So Robbie Anderson had a good game (his first 100 yard game in his first 2 years) on a rain soaked field where DB's had a hard time covering due to bad footing but that great game out weighs all the tough catches Anderson has dropped all season long ?

Anderson is soft and the fact that he caught passes while wide open does not dispute the fact he cant make the tough catch when a DB is on him tight and the ball is right in his hands. In the playoff's ( if we ever get there again) your going to want a WR to make the tough catches because he will be going against a premium defense. Robbie Anderson is simply not that big game big catch WR YET I hope he gets there but to praise him for one good game after a ton of contested drops this season we are going to have to see more than just one good game. Post again when Anderson makes a tough catch over the middle in a game saving situation 4h quarter drive then maybe I'll change my stance on him because in todays NFL you are not going to see Robbie Anderson playing in a tropical storm running free all over the field.

It bothers you so much that a talented young jet had a good game. You my friend are the definition of a SOJF.

35 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

It bothers you so much that a talented young jet had a good game. You my friend are the definition of a SOJF.

Don't put words in my mouth. I'm anything but a SOJF. It absolutely does not bother me he had a good game, that's a ridiculous comment to make.

I have been a supporter of Anderson since I saw him light it up in his first preseason, I saw a lot of promise. My only concern is his soft play and the lack of production in critical situations and with tight coverage. 

One game does not make a player and the good to great ones usually string together numerous good games not just 1 so don't over react  just hope that he starts to do this every week

Just so we are clear.   On a team bereft of talent, you want to cut the guy in his second year who is on pace to get about 800-900 receiving yards with Josh McCown throwing to him?   Is that correct?  

Because the cap savings would be immense, what's he making, league minimum?  Because he never gets separation down the field?   So what if he ceiling is a good #3 or #2, a good deep threat.   When was the last time the Jets had a fast WR who could make the safeties play back?

Just now, chirorob said:

Just so we are clear.   On a team bereft of talent, you want to cut the guy in his second year who is on pace to get about 800-900 receiving yards with Josh McCown throwing to him?   Is that correct?  

Because the cap savings would be immense, what's he making, league minimum?  Because he never gets separation down the field?   So what if he ceiling is a good #3 or #2, a good deep threat.   When was the last time the Jets had a fast WR who could make the safeties play back?

And here we go again with more words in my mouth you people are ******* hilarious. Show me one statement where I said Robbie Anderson should be cut. I'll wait

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

I am dumbfounded by your lack of appreciation for his talent and skill set.

Successful WRs come in all shapes, sizes, speeds, etc.

You harp on the "contested catch."   That is only ONE type of WR.  Is TY Hilton like that? How about Steve Smith? D-Jax? Tyreek? 

FTR, we have seen Robby make some spectacular catches already.  Who gives a f*ck if it was "contested?"  He has the ability to make some catches that many can't.

Have you watched Demaryius Thomas and Dez Bryant lately? Contested catch guys, right?  They hardly create an inch of separation on many plays.

Robby is not AJ Green, AntBrown, or Julio Jones.  Big fn' deal! 

Robby would start on most teams in 3 WR sets. 

And arguably he would start for more than a handful in 2 WR sets;  Bills, Cowboys, Bears, 49ers, Bengals, Ravens, Browns, Chiefs.  Maybe the Redskins and Saints too...

If there was a draft do-over?  Robby would be a 3rd round pick instead of an UDFA.  Open your eyes dude.  Robby can play.

2 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

You seem to want the big guy that makes a contested catch.  That is only ONE type of WR.  Is TY Hilton like that? How about Steve Smith? D-Jax? Tyreek?

Have you watched Demaryius Thomas and Dez Bryant lately? Contested catch guys, right?  They hardly create an inch of separation on many plays.

And arguably he would start for more than a handful in 2 WR sets;  Bills, Cowboys, Bears, 49ers, Bengals, Ravens, Browns, Chiefs.  Maybe the Redskins and Saints too...

If there was a draft do-over?  Robby would be a 3rd round pick instead of an UDFA.  Open your eyes dude.  Robby can play.

My point is Robbie Anderson has dropped just about every catchable contested pass within the confines of his sideline existence.

All I said was I would like to see him make some of those tough catches. You guys are blowing this way out of proportion I know exactly what Robbie Anderson is and I always pushed for him to get more reps last year when the Idiot Jets gave him little to no time the first few games even after Marshall was constantly hobbled and Decker was gone for the season. 

I'm making one simple point here and that point is I would like to see Anderson toughen up a bit .... Bringing up the players you did to make a point is ridiculous ... I don't want Anderson nor do I believe he could ever be in the same class as the WR's you mentioned but you don't have to be those guys to make a tough catch once in a while. Kearse makes tough catches all over the field Anderson has yet to make a catch with tight coverage.

9 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

My point is Robbie Anderson has dropped just about every catchable contested pass within the confines of his sideline existence.

All I said was I would like to see him make some of those tough catches. You guys are blowing this way out of proportion I know exactly what Robbie Anderson is and I always pushed for him to get more reps last year when the Idiot Jets gave him little to no time the first few games even after Marshall was constantly hobbled and Decker was gone for the season. 

I'm making one simple point here and that point is I would like to see Anderson toughen up a bit .... Bringing up the players you did to make a point is ridiculous ... I don't want Anderson nor do I believe he could ever be in the same class as the WR's you mentioned but you don't have to be those guys to make a tough catch once in a while. Kearse makes tough catches all over the field Anderson has yet to make a catch with tight coverage.

OK. Then watch the below highlight reel from 2016.

Watch him go up and get balls over DBs. Watch his handfighting during the route.  Sometimes his catches don't look contested when, in fact, they are because he is 6'3" with long arms and jumps like a frog.

2 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

A guy who plays at about 175 pounds doesn't play like Brandon Marshall?  Well no sh*t, that's not his game.  He should be playing like Desean Jackson, not Brandon Marshall.  Don't try to be something you're not.  

The guy was an UDFA and he's a hit, not a miss.  

Don't put words in my mouth. I'm anything but a SOJF. It absolutely does not bother me he had a good game, that's a ridiculous comment to make.

I have been a supporter of Anderson since I saw him light it up in his first preseason, I saw a lot of promise. My only concern is his soft play and the lack of production in critical situations and with tight coverage. 

One game does not make a player and the good to great ones usually string together numerous good games not just 1 so don't over react  just hope that he starts to do this every week

He is rail thin. He plays a desean Jackson style of football.. He will beat you with his speed, he'll rarely outmuscle anyone and rip a ball from a defenders hands. It just is what he is. Enunwa will win those 50-50s but rarely beat guys deep like Anderson. 

Both can be a part of a seattle  type WR group. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/30/2017 at 7:42 PM, RoadFan said:

You harp on the "contested catch."   That is only ONE type of WR.  Is TY Hilton like that? How about Steve Smith? D-Jax? Tyreek? 

FTR, we have seen Robby make some spectacular catches already.  Who gives a f*ck if it was "contested?"  He has the ability to make some catches that many can't.

In retrospect, I was wrong.  I have been touting Robby since the middle of last season.  Turns out, I still might have underestimated him.

He is absolutely, without question, one of the 32 best WRs in the NFL.  In a draft redo, he would be a 1st round pick.

Just now, MDL_JET said:

Every time he catches the ball? What has he done? 

Well, I guess he does it enough that it bugs me. The stare-downs at the other team, pointing/dropping the ball when he makes a first down, etc. I wish these guys would watch some tape of Walter Payton or Freeman McNeil and see how to act after a play ends. Or maybe I’m just too old school...

Just now, shevys said:

Well, I guess he does it enough that it bugs me. The stare-downs at the other team, pointing/dropping the ball when he makes a first down, etc. I wish these guys would watch some tape of Walter Payton or Freeman McNeil and see how to act after a play ends. Or maybe I’m just too old school...

I'd go with that. That's nothing, they're enjoying the game. Every WR does that. 

More nitpicking...  Endzone celebrations?  He wants to be recognized for what he is doing?  

Let me sum this up.  The stuff above and the scuffle in Miami demonstrates he is still a little immature.   His "antics" that some of you don't like also suggest he is having fun while playing. This kid has the potential to be one of the best WRs in franchise history.

Lighten up and enjoy the show! 

3 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

More nitpicking...  Endzone celebrations?  He wants to be recognized for what he is doing?  

Let me sum this up.  The stuff above and the scuffle in Miami demonstrates he is still a little immature.   His "antics" that some of you don't like also suggest he is having fun while playing. This kid has the potential to be one of the best WRs in franchise history.

Lighten up and enjoy the show! 

Agree the possibilities are endless once we get a QB who can throw the ball downfield. 

someone thinks he is selfish........... https://nypost.com/2017/11/26/todd-bowles-calls-out-selfish-jets-receiver-after-his-best-game/

Todd Bowles calls out ‘selfish’ Jets receiver after his best game

Wide receiver Robby Anderson put on the best performance of his short career, catching six balls for a career-high 146 yards and two touchdowns. The speedster extended his streak of consecutive games with a touchdown to five, becoming just the seventh player in franchise history to do so.

Approaching halftime, the Jets offense — which had mustered just three points — showed little promise of being able to compete with Carolina’s stout defense. Then Anderson exploded.

With 1:12 left in the second quarter, Josh McCown heaved a 33-yard deep ball to the end zone for Anderson, who was blanketed by two defenders. The 24-year-old managed to snatch it and get two feet down inbounds for his first touchdown of the day.

He struck again on a broken play in the third quarter. Flushed out of the pocket, McCown directed Anderson to go long and lobbed a 54-yard bomb over the secondary.

“Hats off to Robby,” the Jets quarterback said. “He’s a stud, man.”

With each game, that becomes harder to dispute.

But of course, it isn’t all about Anderson — a point the undrafted second-year player found himself defending to the media in a desolate locker room afterward.

Following his second touchdown, which made it 17-12 Jets with more than 20 minutes remaining, Anderson did some boasting to the camera.

“Hey, will y’all vote for me for the Pro Bowl, man, please?” he was shown asking.

When asked about his bit of self-promotion, Anderson insisted his intentions were “nothing bad.”

“I was just excited,” he said. “I wasn’t trying to come off in a bad way. [It was] just excitement, spur of the moment. Everybody knows that I’m all for this team in every aspect. I make my life decisions based off my teammates. Everything I do is about being the best I can for my teammates, so it wasn’t anything malicious or anything like that or trying to come off in the wrong way. I was just excited in the moment.”

But coach Todd Bowles wasn’t exactly pleased to hear how that excitement was expressed.

“I didn’t see it, but if that’s true, that’s not smart football,” coach Todd Bowles said. “We don’t want selfish players on this team doing selfish things.”

3 hours ago, RoadFan said:

In retrospect, I was wrong.  I have been touting Robby since the middle of last season.  Turns out, I still might have underestimated him.

He is absolutely, without question, one of the 32 best WRs in the NFL.  In a draft redo, he would be a 1st round pick.

Disagree.  I still think we should cut him.

Archived