Cut Robby Anderson NOW

Lot K Tailgaters

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I started this post after his outburst earlier this season.  I thought after the arrest and outburst maybe he grew up.  Guess I was wrong.  Great talent but he’s got a screw loose in his head.  

He is not a great talent. There are about 4-6 teams his one trick game would make him a starter.

He is a street thug with athleticism . Plain and simple. 

How about that stupid sideline spike he got away with against New England.

28 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

He is not a great talent. There are about 4-6 teams his one trick game would make him a starter.

now we know why teams did not touch him.  Two off seasons, two arrests

32 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

The team simply doesn't have the luxury of cutting this guy.

Had we not been so bad with skill position you could - but the Jets management have lost this right.

Understand what you say from an Xs & Os POV but from an optics / PR angle I dont believe they have the luxury of keeping this guy.

Good contending teams might have enough positive PR stream to outweigh this sh!t stain on the product.

The Jets?  Not even close.

If they want him to turn around his life, they need to release him.

What’s this clown gonna do when he wants to get paid?

This will let everyone know what kind of culture Todd is building.  If you are not a quiet suck up to the coach then you have to go.  Like Mangold, Marshall, Decker, etc.  

But if you can apparently tell a cop that you’re are going to rape his wife, should that be ok?  He’s probably going to jail.  This is a second offense.  Two years in a row he has made the team look bad.  

I hope he is prosecuted to the full extent of the law.  It's tiring how often famous people get off when the rest of us, in the same spot, would get screwed hard.

He choose to do what he did, now he should face the full consequences for what he did.

His being a Jet or not does not make a bit of difference to me in this issue.  I'd feel and have felt the exact same when it was players from other teams.  Only the worst kind of hypocrite would want different treatment of him because he's a Jet.

Yeah sure, they are going to cut a guy who we have the rights to for under 700K who is our #1 receiver...not happening IMO. Made the team look bad? The team is bad. He still likely has trade value and most of the charges are going to get tossed. So he is a jerk. newsflash; so is half of the entire NFL! You put these kids from the ghetto on a pedestal and hand them a ton of cash and expect they will all of the sudden have a grave sense of moral responsibility...ya sure. Sit tight and let it play out.

I suppose we will spend 10 mil a year on his replacement? Fans try to run teams with their heart.

Does the immature jerk deserve to be cut?  Yep.  But to what end?  He won't be out of the league, somebody will for sure give him a contract.  Probably on a better team..  He doesn't make enough money that it would be a real loss to him.  It would be a reward for bad behavior.

IMO keep him on the roster, let the team, and new QB get what ever value he has to offer for the rest of the time that the Jets have control of his contract.  That will give the team a year or so to prepare for his eventual melt down and not have to be scrambling to fill his spot this coming season.

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Understand what you say from an Xs & Os POV but from an optics / PR angle I dont believe they have the luxury of keeping this guy.

Good contending teams might have enough positive PR stream to outweigh this sh!t stain on the product.

The Jets?  Not even close.

I guess I would rather put a winning product on the field, ultimately winning solves all PR problems - I don't have to like the guy (agreed, it would be better) if he helps us win I think you keep him on the team.

Would you rather see him winning championships with The Pats?

If he goes to jail he goes to jail. He deserves it. He's a dumb person.

But if he doesn't and is only looking at a suspension from the league i'd keep him and hope he can turn his life around with the Jets getting him whatever help they think he needs.

We have a lot of people who think they are experts on Robby Anderson's mental condition on this board but the truth is, none of us know this guy, the Jets obviously know him better than we do. I'll trust them to do what they think is right in this situation. 

i still say cut him, there is more to a football team that a receiver that runs 1 route (really well)...

but...

he should be at least suspended for 4-6 games, and have to lose paychecks. You have to teach these guys consequences, you cant enable them with a slap on the wrist. The only thing they understand is losing money.

I am certainly not sure i'd want to pay him any kind of big $$ in the future, his actions indicate he would be even a bigger sh*thead after making a little scratch.

40 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I hope he is prosecuted to the full extent of the law.  It's tiring how often famous people get off when the rest of us, in the same spot, would get screwed hard.

He choose to do what he did, now he should face the full consequences for what he did.

His being a Jet or not does not make a bit of difference to me in this issue.  I'd feel and have felt the exact same when it was players from other teams.  Only the worst kind of hypocrite would want different treatment of him because he's a Jet.

Not going to claim this doesn't happen all the time but I've had plenty of plea agreements for driving related offenses which is what this is. It's not like he actually raped a girl like Big Ben or was an accessory to murder like Ray Lewis.

8 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Does the immature jerk deserve to be cut?  Yep.  But to what end?  He won't be out of the league, somebody will for sure give him a contract.  Probably on a better team..  He doesn't make enough money that it would be a real loss to him.  It would be a reward for bad behavior.

IMO keep him on the roster, let the team, and new QB get what ever value he has to offer for the rest of the time that the Jets have control of his contract.  That will give the team a year or so to prepare for his eventual melt down and not have to be scrambling to fill his spot this coming season.

Yea I don't believe we cut him either. We have stood by Sheldon, Revis and to a lesser extent Kerley through suspension issues and only moved them once it was absolutely necessary. The Jets PR machine with say we are waiting to hear all the details. The 9 charges is great for headlines but realistically not many will stick. 

Jets star threatened to sexually assault my wife during arrest: cop

Rising New York Jets star Robby Anderson was busted in Florida for driving double the speed limit early Friday — and then threatening to sexually assault the cop’s wife while sitting in the back of a cruiser, police said.

Anderson, 24, vowed to “find” her, “f–k her” and “nut in her eye,” according to the ­Broward County Sheriff’s Office.

“Based on his statements, it was clear that he intended to sexually assault my wife,” the officer explained in the police report.

“He continued [to] make other verbal threats towards my family,” the cop said. “He also began to brag about how much money he has and how all I was doing was trying to do is ‘ruin his fun.’ ”

Anderson — who made $543,333 this year and is set to make $633,334 in 2018 — was clocked driving 105 mph in a 45 mph zone while swerving between lanes around 2:15 a.m. on North Flamingo Road in the town of Sunrise, just west of Fort Lauderdale, police said.

He allegedly drove for nearly a mile, traveling at speeds over 100 mph, before finally pulling over, cops said.

The former Temple University star made the lewd threats about the cop’s wife after he was tossed in the back of a patrol car.

He was slapped with nine charges — including harm to a public servant/family, reckless driving, eluding police, resisting arrest, fleeing while lights/siren active, failure to drive in a single lane, two counts of disobeying a red light, speeding and turning without a signal.

“We are aware of the situation,” explained a Jets spokesman. “This is a pending legal matter, and we will have no further comment.”

Anderson, 24, emerged as a star for the Gang Green this season — catching 63 passes for 941 yards and seven touchdowns.

He made headlines in May when he was arrested and charged with a felony count of resisting arrest with violence and obstruction of justice for an altercation at a Miami concert. That case is still pending.

Anderson took to Twitter early Friday, before the incident, and posted three ominous messages: “My wife,” “Damn dog,” and “I’m flaming right na man I swear.”

He was in handcuffs less than an hour later.

Following his senior season at Temple, Anderson went unpicked in the 2016 NFL Draft — and rumors swirled about his off-the-field behavior.

“Nobody knows,” Anderson said with a smile, last month about why he wasn’t drafted.

“It’s a mystery.”

A source told The Post on Friday that Anderson’s character issues were apparent to NFL teams before the draft.

The 6-foot-3 receiver made headlines this season for lobbying for Pro Bowl votes during a loss. “Hey, will y’all vote for me for the Pro Bowl, man?” Anderson said on TV from the Jets sideline during the team’s 35-27 loss to the Carolina Panthers in November. “Please?” he asked.

The Pro Bowl plea didn’t sit well with former players.

“How about we worry about outscoring somebody in the fourth quarter and you focus on this game instead of campaigning for Pro Bowl votes?” Fox Sports analyst and former Detroit Lion Chris Spielman seethed after the footage aired. “Let’s try that first.”

Anderson has some issue's and the Jets need to cut him. You really think Macc will keep him after he wouldn't draft certain players last year due to "character issues"? Anderson is as good as gone.

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

10 minutes ago, flgreen said:

He is still awaiting trial for his first arrest. He could wind up in jail. 

In my opinion that's what he needs 

Getting away with it again will only lead to worse troubles and in the end maybe a fatality. 

Football should not be a factor in what happens to him now. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

I have been extremely high on Robby since last year as a player and believe he has a skill set to be a top 10 WR in the league.  I also obviously want the best players possible on the jets and really didnt want WR to be a need this offseason.

However, saying what he said to a police officer after being caught blatantly breaking the law is absolutely deplorable behavior.  If a person said that to someone on the street, cop or not, those words result in a serious confrontation and to say it to law enforcement after being detained is beyond belief.

Personally I hope he faces the full consequences including jail even if it hurts our WR corps

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

Jets star threatened to sexually assault my wife during arrest: cop

Rising New York Jets star Robby Anderson was busted in Florida for driving double the speed limit early Friday — and then threatening to sexually assault the cop’s wife while sitting in the back of a cruiser, police said.

Anderson, 24, vowed to “find” her, “f–k her” and “nut in her eye,” according to the ­Broward County Sheriff’s Office.

“Based on his statements, it was clear that he intended to sexually assault my wife,” the officer explained in the police report.

“He continued [to] make other verbal threats towards my family,” the cop said. “He also began to brag about how much money he has and how all I was doing was trying to do is ‘ruin his fun.’ ”

Anderson — who made $543,333 this year and is set to make $633,334 in 2018 — was clocked driving 105 mph in a 45 mph zone while swerving between lanes around 2:15 a.m. on North Flamingo Road in the town of Sunrise, just west of Fort Lauderdale, police said.

He allegedly drove for nearly a mile, traveling at speeds over 100 mph, before finally pulling over, cops said.

The former Temple University star made the lewd threats about the cop’s wife after he was tossed in the back of a patrol car.

He was slapped with nine charges — including harm to a public servant/family, reckless driving, eluding police, resisting arrest, fleeing while lights/siren active, failure to drive in a single lane, two counts of disobeying a red light, speeding and turning without a signal.

“We are aware of the situation,” explained a Jets spokesman. “This is a pending legal matter, and we will have no further comment.”

Anderson, 24, emerged as a star for the Gang Green this season — catching 63 passes for 941 yards and seven touchdowns.

He made headlines in May when he was arrested and charged with a felony count of resisting arrest with violence and obstruction of justice for an altercation at a Miami concert. That case is still pending.

Anderson took to Twitter early Friday, before the incident, and posted three ominous messages: “My wife,” “Damn dog,” and “I’m flaming right na man I swear.”

He was in handcuffs less than an hour later.

Following his senior season at Temple, Anderson went unpicked in the 2016 NFL Draft — and rumors swirled about his off-the-field behavior.

“Nobody knows,” Anderson said with a smile, last month about why he wasn’t drafted.

“It’s a mystery.”

A source told The Post on Friday that Anderson’s character issues were apparent to NFL teams before the draft.

The 6-foot-3 receiver made headlines this season for lobbying for Pro Bowl votes during a loss. “Hey, will y’all vote for me for the Pro Bowl, man?” Anderson said on TV from the Jets sideline during the team’s 35-27 loss to the Carolina Panthers in November. “Please?” he asked.

The Pro Bowl plea didn’t sit well with former players.

“How about we worry about outscoring somebody in the fourth quarter and you focus on this game instead of campaigning for Pro Bowl votes?” Fox Sports analyst and former Detroit Lion Chris Spielman seethed after the footage aired. “Let’s try that first.”

- Avoiding a red light

- avoiding a red light (2)

- 50+ mph speeding

- no turn signal

- fleeing lights and sirens

- threatening an officer

- resisting without violence

- reckless driving

- failure to drive in a single lane

I think the highlight of this arrest is the comments Robby made about the wife. Everything else looks like they just wanted to slap him with anything they could. I still think Robby is a punk but could see the Jets keeping him until it blows over.

3 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

The NFL is full of guys who are one dimensional , if Robbie played with a QB with a real arm , he would be talked up a lot more.

Absolutely - but so was Randy Moss 

You mean the one that Gronk gets away with every week.

Hate the guy for the stupid things he's done off the filed but this is reaching. And ftr i would be happy if the Jets cut him this morning.

8 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

- Avoiding a red light

- 50+ mph speeding

- no turn signal

- threatening an officer

- reckless driving

I think the highlight of this arrest is the comments Robby made about the wife. Everything else looks like they just wanted to slap him with anything they could. I still think Robby is a punk but could see the Jets keeping him until it blows over.

agree with this assessment.  it kind of comes down to other issues such driving under the influence or having a handgun, etc.  yes the guy has some issues but how many people do speed?  just about everyone.  maybe not 50+ over the limit but surely 15+ or so.  as for saying something stupid to the cop, he was mouthing off.  how fans have enough control in such instances to not say something stupid.  it was a vile thing to say and can be construed as a threat but it's still just words.  it's doubtful if robbie would actually do what he said.

i wouldn't be surprised if the jets do shop him.  he's got 2 years left on a very cheap deal and has enough talent to attract some serious interest. maybe they could get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him.

16 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

- Avoiding a red light

- 50+ mph speeding

- no turn signal

- threatening an officer

- reckless driving

Bullsh*t. He drove past a police officer making a traffic stop and looked at the cop through his open window and then proceeded to do the things listed in the police report. "He was all over the road" and blew 3 red lights at over 100mph. What if he hit someone at that speed? What if he hit another vehicle? Chances are we would be reading his obituary if that happened. To blatantly do what he did and the statements he made signify a problem. He wasn't charged with a DUI or DWI at all. That is VERY significant. Anderson obviously needs help and playing football should come second to that. The Jets should cut him and maybe try and get him the help he needs but Anderson is one messed up guy right now. He needs to get his life in order before he can step back on the field.

1 hour ago, 56mehl56 said:

The NFL is full of guys who are one dimensional , if Robbie played with a QB with a real arm , he would be talked up a lot more.

Absolutely - but so was Randy Moss 

You mean the one that Gronk gets away with every week.

Hate the guy for the stupid things he's done off the filed but this is reaching. And ftr i would be happy if the Jets cut him this morning.

LOL Randy Moss and Anderson in the same sentence.

4 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

The team simply doesn't have the luxury of cutting this guy.

Had we not been so bad with skill position you could - but the Jets management have lost this right.

Eff that.  If the allegations are true (and they should be verified of course) then he should be cut immediately.

Archived