A Request for a Political Discussion/Current Events Board

Warfish

Yes, I know ALL the various drawbacks to such a possible flame fest of a board, being a veteran of the JI Board. But even with that said, I think it might be good to have one here (for one, it'll take away any last reasons to go to JI for some of us, LOL! J/K)

But seriously, I hope you will consider it. And I don;t want to be a ego maniac here, but I would be happy to moderate it, and I'm sure you could find one or two others to do so as well. The P.Board on JI is dominated by one side, and therefore one side gets away with an awful lot compared to the other, and we should strive (if implemented) to not have that here. I would suggest one liberal, one moderate and one Conservative mod. That shoul ensure parity and fairness.

Thank you for listening to my suggestion!

I urge you, strongly, NOT to create such a forum.

The one at the other place was a source of division and animosity between people who would, otherwise, be united as Jets fans.

That seems to be the very antithesis of what you (and we) are trying to do, here.

People who want that crap know where to find it.

I vote No.

While I was always a participating member of the other one, I like the fact there isn't one here. Creates less tension outside the forum and is a breath of fresh air.

Political arguments always end up spilling over to the other forums by way of how posters treat each other.

Not to mention there were people there who I rarely saw post in any other forums except the political one.

If you guys do make it a reality however, I support Warfish's idea of one moderator for each political view, or a genuine neutral party to oversee it.

I had a hard time moderating there because I have a 'bad' political temper and had trouble controlling myself at times as well.

Regardless of intentions, once the blood gets boiling, both sides end up taking off the gloves and it gets ugly.

Just my opinion as GOB, nothing more.

I am so called conservative on some issues and so called liberal on other issues so I guess I average out to be a moderate. I always avoided the political forum at JI because of the nastiness expressed there.

People bring a lot of passion in their feelings that leads to the possibility of bad feelings toward others.

There is a time and place for political discussion (face to face) but if it is decided for this site I will gladly be a moderator to help out.

I urge you, strongly, NOT to create such a forum.

The one at the other place was a source of division and animosity between people who would, otherwise, be united as Jets fans.

That seems to be the very antithesis of what you (and we) are trying to do, here.

People who want that crap know where to find it.

Max, if you go with a political forum, can we have one for religion and one for abortion as well? :shock::shock:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well, seeing as I broke up my NOOOO, oput of politeness for people having to scroll, and this is the response.

Fine.

EDIT: Cheers, Warfish.

In reading some of the replies here, I actually agree and think perhaps my request was too hasty.

Please consider my request withdrawn :D

LOL -- I thought about this too Fisher. I too realized what a pinch in the a$$ the other one ended up becoming.

It took me a couple of years to hit 1000 posts over there... with the political forum... it will probably take me 10 years to hit a 1000 here without one... but dammit... I read 'pert near all of 'em!

I would be for this if you didnt let certain yahoooos, who shall remain nameless(ahem! cough! starts with a C ends with a cough Y)join in...but who am i to say.

I believe that Warfish would make a good moderator if said forum was put into action.

I would be for this if you didnt let certain yahoooos, who shall remain nameless(ahem! cough! starts with a C ends with a cough Y)join in...but who am i to say.

I believe that Warfish would make a good moderator if said forum was put into action.

Or other Yahoos, such as a small animal from California, for that matter.

I agree with Dick. Warfish and a couple others are fairly reaonable in theirdebate, but I find myself not wanting to even talk football with alot of the posters that frequent the political forum because I can't stand them there. Just my 2 cents........

I say hell no to a political forum. Currently, I think everyone pretty much likes one another. Why change that? I know it's only a message board but there are a couple guys from the JI political board that would be swallowing their own teeth if I ever met them in person. :lol:

I say hell no to a political forum. Currently, I think everyone pretty much likes one another. Why change that? I know it's only a message board but there are a couple guys from the JI political board that would be swallowing their own teeth if I ever met them in person. :lol:

Who might that be Alk??

Looking at the people we have on the board right now, it would probably work for a little bit. I havent seen any of the immature attackers sign up here yet, so it could work for a little bit.

But eventually those aholes will find their way and instead of healthy debate, it will just be who can make the best shot at the other guy. No thanks. Unless we gave some serious post-control power to the moderator, its going to get ugly.

Looking at the people we have on the board right now, it would probably work for a little bit. I havent seen any of the immature attackers sign up here yet, so it could work for a little bit.

But eventually those aholes will find their way and instead of healthy debate, it will just be who can make the best shot at the other guy. No thanks. Unless we gave some serious post-control power to the moderator, its going to get ugly.

I could be moderator. I would rule it with an iron fist. sid.gif

There are people who joined the other site just to continually post in the political forum. In fact, some NEVER posted in the football forum unless they were called out on it, then they'd give the obligatory 1 post on an obscure rah rah Jets thread. We really don't need Tailgaters here.

Funny thing is I voted for Tail to get out of town. So did most other Jets fans :lol:

Everybody voted for Tailgater until like a week later when he brought it back up and started making a comeback. He had to of recruited a bunch of people from another site.

Somebody get Tailgators and bring him here. I want him and AEC4.

If you can't get those two then bring me JetsDMasterMind and AEC5.

We got Jet/Bosox. That's good enough for me. I really can't wait until baseball starts up. JBF and Jon E. There's nothing better.

You know what? Someone find Fred Jetstone...

Archived