Film Review: Week 7 Jets @ Dolphins

joerb31

Appreciate all of the support from the breakdowns! Ask away if you have any specific questions. Also keep in mind I didn’t record all of the Jets 12 penalties for 124 yards because that would be overkill. Don’t forget if you like these I also host JetNation Radio every Tuesday night, where I break down a good amount of these plays + some storylines surrounding the Jets! Enjoy!

3 minutes ago, thshadow said:

Thanks for getting the shot of the play where Anderson throws his helmet.  It did seem like he had inside position.  But he must have been getting frustrated through the game, was probably open deep a lot...

There was a play here or there but still no reason to throw a helmet and get a penalty. Yes he did have the inside but there was a safety overtop both to the he right and left, they move once the pocket collapsed. Not like he was open for a huge gain or TD.

21 hours ago, joerb31 said:

There was a play here or there but still no reason to throw a helmet and get a penalty. Yes he did have the inside but there was a safety overtop both to the he right and left, they move once the pocket collapsed. Not like he was open for a huge gain or TD.

Even if he was open for a TD you can't cost your team 15 yards there. Hang in for a minute and trash stuff in the locker room after the game.

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

Even if he was open for a TD you can't cost your team 15 yards there. Hang in for a minute and trash stuff in the locker room after the game.

Agreed that there is absolutely no excuse for it.

The guy wasn't even really open on the play and started to slow down before the play ended.  That is the 1st time I actually saw that play and it was a lot worse as far as Anderson goes than I thought.

Good thing our coach has a tight reign on our payers and is getting them to all play hard and smart though.

Doesn't seem like anyone was really open on that last play. It was a Hail Mary of a chance to do something there to begin with. And holy hell Skrine is awful. Never understand how corners constantly can't get their head around to look at the ball. 

Morton really seems to be doing a great job scheming guys open. If only we had a QB who could deliver it to them consistently. Hopefully we keep him for a while and get him some more weapons to work with. 

Joe, thoughts on them not closing out these games? Think coaches aren't adjusting or players just not getting it done? 

1 hour ago, MDL_JET said:

Doesn't seem like anyone was really open on that last play. It was a Hail Mary of a chance to do something there to begin with. And holy hell Skrine is awful. Never understand how corners constantly can't get their head around to look at the ball. 

Morton really seems to be doing a great job scheming guys open. If only we had a QB who could deliver it to them consistently. Hopefully we keep him for a while and get him some more weapons to work with. 

Joe, thoughts on them not closing out these games? Think coaches aren't adjusting or players just not getting it done? 

It’s the easy route to take to answer the question with both, but it’s true, it is a combination of the players and the coaches. With that I believe it’s more the players. They come out hot and then really fizzle out towards the end of the game.

Jags game Powell/McCown 85+ yard fumble recovery= players. McCown INT vs the Pats before halftime leading to a score, inability to run the ball  (which is absolutely necessary with a bad QB) and giving the ball back to Brady which seemed like 45,000 times (some truly BS calls also helped the pats, and I’m not being biased at all), Dolphins game Jets getting 7 penatlities (5 accepted) in the 4th quarter is absolutely unacceptable where there was times they were actually moving a bit but a team without a ton of talent, starting behind the 8 ball isn’t a key to success. 

Blame also goes to the coaches, at least for this game against Miami. They were a little bit too conservative on offense but that’s usually expected when a team has a 14 point lead. But the real problem was the defense, multiple times in the breakdown I pointed out the Jets being way to conservative on defense. Playing a ton of soft zones, only sending 3/4 guys which is getting away from what got them the lead in the first place, where I believe coaches should do what they have been doing until the other team figures it out.

Archived