How bad are Bowles & Rogers?

Jetster

Seriously, the Dolphins & Matt Moore can't do SH*T against the Ravens but they beat us like a drum in the 4th quarter last week? Is the Ravens defense SHUTDOWN? Not even close, it's coaching, putting players in the right positions to win. Maybe I'm posting this too soon & the Dolphins make a comeback but I don't see that happening. 

Dolphins also were making some great plays down the stretch. Some weeks you have it some weeks you dont. I think Bowles can be a little stubborn sometimes but the jets are relevant still in late October in a year everyone had them winning 2 games tops. I’m not saying retain or fire him, let’s see how the season plays out. 

17 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Seriously, the Dolphins & Matt Moore can't do SH*T against the Ravens but they beat us like a drum in the 4th quarter last week? Is the Ravens defense SHUTDOWN? Not even close, it's coaching, putting players in the right positions to win. Maybe I'm posting this too soon & the Dolphins make a comeback but I don't see that happening. 

Football doesn't work that way.

I don't care what people said BEFORE the season regarding what they thought the Jets record would be. The refs robbed us vs the Pats & McCown had a brain fart up 14 & threw a horrible pick. We should have beaten the Fins last week up 14-0.

Jets should have been 5-2 & with Hightower out for the season you never know how things will go. Crazy the Jets have played 4 division games already & the Pats, Fins & Bills just one. Those 2 games were HUGE and we blew both of them. Sorry, coaching counts, I'm sick of the excuses people keep coming up with for Bowles & Rogers defensive schemes, game plans and inability to adjust what opponents attack.

13 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I don't care what people said BEFORE the season regarding what they thought the Jets record would be. The refs robbed us vs the Pats & McCown had a brain fart up 14 & threw a horrible pick. We should have beaten the Fins last week up 14-0.

Jets should have been 5-2 & with Hightower out for the season you never know how things will go. Crazy the Jets have played 4 division games already & the Pats, Fins & Bills just one. Those 2 games were HUGE and we blew both of them. Sorry, coaching counts, I'm sick of the excuses people keep coming up with for Bowles & Rogers defensive schemes, game plans and inability to adjust what opponents attack.

Although I see the case for stability, based on the overall personnel moves and coaching over the last three years, I think the Jets should make a change in GM and HC.  At a minimum, Bowles does not get an extension amd Mac gets Dorsey as a boss.

There is too much cap space and draft picks at stake. 

43 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Dolphins also were making some great plays down the stretch. Some weeks you have it some weeks you dont. I think Bowles can be a little stubborn sometimes but the jets are relevant still in late October in a year everyone had them winning 2 games tops. I’m not saying retain or fire him, let’s see how the season plays out. 

At 3-4 are they really that relevant? Not completely out of it, fine. At 3-5 will they they really be relevant? 

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Hasn't Matt Moore historically torn us up?  I feel like I've seen that story before in previous seasons.  Had a bad feeling when he came in after Cutler got hurt.  Not sure why, but Jets just can't play against backup QBs we make them all look like pro bowl QBs.

8 hours ago, Jetster said:

in all fairness you can't ignore the jets inability to run the ball and make the snd or 3rd and short plays.  if the offense got, maybe, another 2 or 3 first downs in the 4th they might've won and probably would've had ot.  but i certainly get everyone's angst about the defense.  an awful lot of resources have been used and they should be making more plays when it counts. 

Just my 2 cents here, but this D made plays and helped to get 14 of the points we had agains't Fins between Maye, Adams, and Mo. Digest this for a second, the O got -4 yards in the 4th qtr?. "-4" yards?. What that caused on the 2 darn TD drives Fins had were punts from our end from like the 10-15 yard line and they got the ball around the 50 yard line both times. Had we got just a little yards on each drive and punted from the 30 they would have had to drive from their 30-35 yard line and we probably hold them with our D and win. But, after what I described and 2 drives from the 50 that is exteremly tough for any D to hold back in the 4th qtr of a nearly 90 degree day with that humidity there.

43 minutes ago, rangerous said:

in all fairness you can't ignore the jets inability to run the ball and make the snd or 3rd and short plays.  if the offense got, maybe, another 2 or 3 first downs in the 4th they might've won and probably would've had ot.  but i certainly get everyone's angst about the defense.  an awful lot of resources have been used and they should be making more plays when it counts. 

Ok, so part of it was bad play calling. Did anyone else notice the the Ravens attacked the edges? Couple of nice pitch plays etc. We kept smashing the ball between the tackles for no gain on 3rd & 1, 3rd & 2. Where was McGuire? He's younger & has more burst than Forte & Powell. The Dolphins defenders were on the field a long time when we got up by 14, just one big run would have put them away. Bowles made the same mistake with Ridley vs the Bills. And if it was Morton not using McGuire more than it's up to the coach to say, "let's get the young legs in there & close this out". I can't stand Bowles in game decisions or lack thereof.

2 minutes ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Just my 2 cents here, but this D made plays and helped to get 14 of the points we had agains't Fins between Maye, Adams, and Mo. Digest this for a second, the O got -4 yards in the 4th qtr?. "-4" yards?. What that caused on the 2 darn TD drives Fins had were punts from our end from like the 10-15 yard line and they got the ball around the 50 yard line both times. Had we got just a little yards on each drive and punted from the 30 they would have had to drive from their 30-35 yard line and we probably hold them with our D and win. But, after what I described and 2 drives from the 50 that is exteremly tough for any D to hold back in the 4th qtr of a nearly 90 degree day with that humidity there.

Where was McGuire? The Fins D we're playing in that same heat. It was time for a back with quicker burst to maybe break a tackle. 

9 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I think the players not being very good might have something to do with it.

It sure is a weird coincidence that he won 10 games with a roster of talented veterans and hasn’t won anything since the roster became a used diaper filled with Indian food.

25 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Ok, so part of it was bad play calling. Did anyone else notice the the Ravens attacked the edges? Couple of nice pitch plays etc. We kept smashing the ball between the tackles for no gain on 3rd & 1, 3rd & 2. Where was McGuire? He's younger & has more burst than Forte & Powell. The Dolphins defenders were on the field a long time when we got up by 14, just one big run would have put them away. Bowles made the same mistake with Ridley vs the Bills. And if it was Morton not using McGuire more than it's up to the coach to say, "let's get the young legs in there & close this out". I can't stand Bowles in game decisions or lack thereof.

can't disagree.  they had a couple of good runs to the outside.  the best play i saw was when mccown faked to the left and then threw a screen to the right.  i believe it went to forte or maybe tomlinson.  but really at some point they have to play some smash mouth and get the job done.  even if the run goes between the tackles they still should execute it so a hole gets opened.  i see a lot of criticism for johnson.  maybe it is time to use someone else at center although johnson was supposed to known as an athletic center who could get out and block.  either way without a solid run game we will be seeing more mccown failures in the fourth quarter.

agree they should run mcguire more.  he reminds me a bit of martin.

11 minutes ago, rangerous said:

can't disagree.  they had a couple of good runs to the outside.  the best play i saw was when mccown faked to the left and then threw a screen to the right.  i believe it went to forte or maybe tomlinson.  but really at some point they have to play some smash mouth and get the job done.  even if the run goes between the tackles they still should execute it so a hole gets opened.  i see a lot of criticism for johnson.  maybe it is time to use someone else at center although johnson was supposed to known as an athletic center who could get out and block.  either way without a solid run game we will be seeing more mccown failures in the fourth quarter.

agree they should run mcguire more.  he reminds me a bit of martin.

This is a Bowles trend, as soon as old injured vets can play, he plays them, WAY TOO MUCH! It was 90 degrees like you said, McGuire should have gotten more touches in that 4th quarter. Like it said, one juke, one broken tackle, game over. 

McGuire danced too much in prior games & im sure that's why Bowles was afraid to use him more but guys learn by PLAYING. 

36 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

It sure is a weird coincidence that he won 10 games with a roster of talented veterans and hasn’t won anything since the roster became a used diaper filled with Indian food.

He stopped calling the good plays that get yards and touchdowns.

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

The Jets were a completely uneven team in 2015. They played one of the weakest schedules in the league & to prove the entire year was a farce lost to a team who's coach was gonna be out soon, whose players had their bags packed for the offseason & we got PUNCHED in the face, lol. How often do you see teams out of the playoff race, injured, coach hanging from a thread beat a team heading to the playoffs if they win. Pretty f*cking rare in this league where guys are more interested in self preservation knowing the team is gonna go through a complete overhaul.

7 hours ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Hasn't Matt Moore historically torn us up?  I feel like I've seen that story before in previous seasons.  Had a bad feeling when he came in after Cutler got hurt.  Not sure why, but Jets just can't play against backup QBs we make them all look like pro bowl QBs.

I think it's because we game plan and practice all week for the starting QB.

18 minutes ago, Jetster said:

The Jets were a completely uneven team in 2015. They played one of the weakest schedules in the league & to prove the entire year was a farce lost to a team who's coach was gonna be out soon, whose players had their bags packed for the offseason & we got PUNCHED in the face, lol. How often do you see teams out of the playoff race, injured, coach hanging from a thread beat a team heading to the playoffs if they win. Pretty f*cking rare in this league where guys are more interested in self preservation knowing the team is gonna go through a complete overhaul.

The Jets did it to Miami the year before.

Skrine sucks. Although I don't remember fans saying he sucked till last week for this season. Maybe I'm forgetting. A week earlier he had a pick, dropped a second pick, and had a very good game against the Pats. He also has a concussion.

Forte sucks. Converted a 3rd and 18 screen pass that led to a TD drive. 7 carries, 41 yards

How come the coaches don't realize running McGuire in the 4th leads to victory. 3 carries, 7 yards

Morton's press conference yesterday was nothing but praise for Forte and McCown. But yes, why does Bowles force feed these two vets.

After going 4-12 in 2014, in 2015, Jets finish 10-6 after winning 5 in a row, including a victory over the Patriots the prior week, lose to the Bills because quite honestly, Fitz sh*t the bed. But the Jets underachieved because we played a weak schedule and had a stacked roster excuse.

4 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The Jets did it to Miami the year before.

Big difference. Rex was coaching for his job, remember the big celebration & Woody announcing he'll be back.

Everyone knew in Buffalo that Rex was not gonna get a new contract! 

13 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Skrine sucks. Although I don't remember fans saying he sucked till last week for this season. Maybe I'm forgetting. A week earlier he had a pick, dropped a second pick, and had a very good game against the Pats. He also has a concussion.

Forte sucks. Converted a 3rd and 18 screen pass that led to a TD drive. 7 carries, 41 yards

How come the coaches don't realize running McGuire in the 4th leads to victory. 3 carries, 7 yards

Morton's press conference yesterday was nothing but praise for Forte and McCown. But yes, why does Bowles force feed these two vets.

After going 4-12 in 2014, in 2015, Jets finish 10-6 after winning 5 in a row, including a victory over the Patriots the prior week, lose to the Bills because quite honestly, Fitz sh*t the bed. But the Jets underachieved because we played a weak schedule and had a stacked roster excuse.

Forte is old as sh*t, coming back from turf toe, and you give the young guy 3 carries? Plus it was 90 degrees & humid, so I'm sure the Fins defense wasn't as fresh in that 4th quarter. Instead of extolling the 3 carries for 7 yards for McGuire why don't you be so kind to give me Fortes 2nd half numbers in rushing & receiving, huh, I'll be waiting. It seemed like he was targeted 20 times.

16 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Forte is old as sh*t, coming back from turf toe, and you give the young guy 3 carries? Plus it was 90 degrees & humid, so I'm sure the Fins defense wasn't as fresh in that 4th quarter. Instead of extolling the 3 carries for 7 yards for McGuire why don't you be so kind to give me Fortes 2nd half numbers in rushing & receiving, huh, I'll be waiting. It seemed like he was targeted 20 times.

You got me. No idea what his 4th quarter numbers were. As far as extolling the virtues of Forte, you can listen to Morton for that. I don't make that decision. I do know Forte's effort on the 3rd and 18 screen pass led to a TD. I do know that the defense set up another score with a turnover that put the offense at the 1. That's 14 points. I do know that football is not played where after the game, saying benching Skrine and McGuire in the 4th leads to victory.  

Archived