how soon before jets turn to Bryce Petty or Christian Hackenberg ? ? ?

kelly

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Play the best player until the season is a loss. If McCown gets injured that is the only way you move onto one of the younger guys (barring a McCown implosion). If you put in Petty or Hack while McCown is playing well that is a white flag for the rest of the team. You can't ask guys in such a violent sport to put their health on the line when you aren't playing the best player. My guess is we'll see 5-6 games out of the young guys if we are mathematically eliminated.

Bowles will start Petty week 17. The. Say he didn’t see enough gameplay to make any decision for next season. Thus carrying Petty, Hack, and signing a low level quality older veteran in the offseason that he will start.  It’s the Todd “Toilet” Bowles cycle 

If Bowles waits until the Jets players are not playing with same fire as they are now because they are eliminated to put in Petty or Hack then I think that there has to be serious consideration about Bowles getting dismissed.

Bowles claim that he gave Petty a "fair" chance last year is ludicrous; the team was imploding BEFORE Petty was inserted into the lineup and to argue that Petty was supposed to "turn-around" that team is preposterous and nothing more than making Petty the scapegoat. How was Petty supposed to turn the team around with terrible or inexperienced WRs, no TEs and horrific OL; indeed Petty got hurt in part because of the crappy OL.

I will say it again and again if you have young players who you are unwilling to put on the field over Josh McCown then you have the WRONG players period and those guys shouldn't be on the team. 

This isn't high school were you develop guys on a maybe after four years!  You had better believe that a guy can be "it" and if not get rid of him and bring in someone you believe can do the job....

If Bowles waits until the Jets players are not playing with same fire as they are now because they are eliminated to put in Petty or Hack then I think that there has to be serious consideration about Bowles getting dismissed.
Bowles claim that he gave Petty a "fair" chance last year is ludicrous; the team was imploding BEFORE Petty was inserted into the lineup and to argue that Petty was supposed to "turn-around" that team is preposterous and nothing more than making Petty the scapegoat. How was Petty supposed to turn the team around with terrible or inexperienced WRs, no TEs and horrific OL; indeed Petty got hurt in part because of the crappy OL.
I will say it again and again if you have young players who you are unwilling to put on the field over Josh McCown then you have the WRONG players period and those guys shouldn't be on the team. 
This isn't high school were you develop guys on a maybe after four years!  You had better believe that a guy can be "it" and if not get rid of him and bring in someone you believe can do the job....
Well said

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The Jets are seriously hoping that people just forget about Hackenberg so they can quietly release him. Petty is a career backup at best, so who cares? 

LOL, you might be right.  It's his 2nd season and he still doesn't even get on the active roster.  

29 minutes ago, yvj said:

Josh will only go out due to injury or when the team is mathematically out of the playoffs

I have a hard time rooting for injuries, but I'm starting to think rooting for our QB to get a sprained wrist isn't going to send me directly to hell.  I also wouldn't mind seeing someone accidentally run into Bowles and knock him on his ass so maybe he'll start to think more clearly.

Archived