Fire Bowles Now!

Lupz27

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Instead of looking for evil in his heart, just accept the simplest explanation. If Petty was better he would replace him with McCown. 

The reality is all 3 of these QBs are not good. And if that's the case, then the rest of the team better be good enough to cover that up. Just like a great QB can cover up the deficiencies of their team.

Lol you think Bowles knows what a good QB looks like?  He is just like his mentor Parcells who stubbornly let Romo sit on the bench for years while sh*tty old Vets played him to 6 wins, he finally got forced to play Romo, and what do you know a star was born even thou Parcells did everything in his power to make sure he didn't play because he was young, and Parcells doesn't trust young inexperienced players, same reason why us as Jets fans did not get to enjoy 15+ years of Peyton Manning at QB.

31 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Lol you think Bowles knows what a good QB looks like?  He is just like his mentor Parcells who stubbornly let Romo sit on the bench for years while sh*tty old Vets played him to 6 wins, he finally got forced to play Romo, and what do you know a star was born even thou Parcells did everything in his power to make sure he didn't play because he was young, and Parcells doesn't trust young inexperienced players, same reason why us as Jets fans did not get to enjoy 15+ years of Peyton Manning at QB.

Very true

2 hours ago, August said:

We knew this team wasn't going to be good this year. Bowles is doing a better job this season and I don't think his job should be in jeopardy.

With all due respect, no he should be fired.  They seem to have plateaued - reach a state of little or no change after a time of activity or progress.  If that is not the Jets for the last three weeks then I must be watching a different team. 

The coaches fail to make adjustments after 1/2 time when the other teams make theirs, If they have the lead this HC believes his D is good enough to stop the other team and that my friend is a joke because they don't ever get critical stops, the players continue to make the same stupid penalties week in and week out and like other posters have stated, Mac is not good enough to carry the team; thus, the 4th Q collapses. Also, the jets lead the league in penalty yards and that is coaching....

Finally, when was the last time you saw TB walked over to any player that F*up and speak to him... or coached him up... showed any emotion... its laughable.  

Frankly, I rather lose with Petty then watch Fitz 2.0... but yes Mac gives us the best chance to win.  

8 minutes ago, jetrider said:

Let Bowles finish the tank before he's fired. Make him serve a purpose and earn a paycheck.

This could be the logical result, but if Bowles goes he needs to take Mac with him.  Bowles and Mac have made the defensive draft picks together.  They have constructed the team together.  

3 minutes ago, varjet said:

This could be the logical result, but if Bowles goes he needs to take Mac with him.  Bowles and Mac have made the defensive draft picks together.  They have constructed the team together.  

The team is actually good minus the HC, DC, and the QB.  Addition by subtraction if you may.

2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

After his press conference today after the game he should be fired, and promote Morton, also Kacy Rogers can take the plank walk with Bowles.

Why? Was this team supposed to be good this year? What did he do today to warrant dismissal?

There are two problems. 

1. The Jets would have had better drafts the last few years if they had used a commercially available draft guide top 300 players list.

2. Regardless of what players the Jets drafted, Todd would have continued starting 38 year old never was QBs, a broken Darrelle Revis, Busted Skrine, and Matt Forty.

Bonus: Ownership allows this sh*t to continue because of a meddling know nothing owner and a dysfunctional organizational flowchart. 

6 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

In all honesty I did not hear it. I normally do but my cell died when I left the stadium. 

Todd Bowles was asked if there will come a point where he'll want to take a look at his young quarterbacks, Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg. Said Bowles: "I looked at all of my young quarterbacks in the summer. Josh (McCown) is MY quarterback."

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

There are two problems. 

1. The Jets would have had better drafts the last few years if they had used a commercially available draft guide top 300 players list.

2. Regardless of what players the Jets drafted, Todd would have continued starting 38 year old never was QBs, a broken Darrelle Revis, Busted Skrine, and Matt Forty.

Bonus: Ownership allows this sh*t to continue because of a meddling know nothing owner and a dysfunctional organizational flowchart. 

This is absolute truth.   it’s however worse....   with Woody in England, his brother won’t fire Bowles.   Bowles is worried about Bowles, not the JETS. 

A computer could run the JETS better. 

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Todd Bowles was asked if there will come a point where he'll want to take a look at his young quarterbacks, Bryce Petty and Christian Hackenberg. Said Bowles: "I looked at all of my young quarterbacks in the summer. Josh (McCown) is my quarterback."

I just saw the press conference on the Jets website, I was surprised when I heard that comment. I did not mind playing Josh early but I thought at some point he would segway to Petty/Hackenberg. 

3 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

The worst thing that happened to Bowles was that the team turned out to be more talented and competitive than he was able to manage. If the team was just pathetic and they were getting blown out he could say that there was nothing he can do. Instead, this team turned out to be pretty decent and are only losing games because of his in-game incompetence and lack of emotion. The guy  just lets the game run over him and he does nothing to stem the tide of a bad streak.  

I happen to like a lot about Bowles, especially they way he handles the media and is a calming influence but at some point during the game you have to make decisions that work. He seems to get worse as the game gets closer. The same can be said for Mccown. 

just what, exactly, could bowles have done to ensure the win?  could he force catnazaro to make the two missed fg's?  could he force the oline to run block and pass block better than they are?  can he somehow force mccown to make better throws?  the point is there are things beyond bowles control.  atlanta is not a bad team.  they were just in the superbowl and matty ice is one of the best qb's in the league.  and if you want to criticise bowles for the oline performance then you had better alos go after morton and the oline coach.

at the end of the day bowles is the guy most responsible for the team's success.  and , in a lot of ways, this team is not more talented than originally predicted.  if this is the case then their success has to be credited to bowles.

i don't care a whit about what a coach says at the press conference.  what matters is what he says to the team before, during  and after the games.

8 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

really?   HIS decisions cost us games. He is a below average HC.   Why would any team play a 38 year old retread????   Bowles will never be a HC again .... 

This is absolute truth! Bowles when fired by the Jets will not get another chance in the NFL. He has shown absolutely nothing to warrant another HCing job. He does NOTHING on game day but stand there with that stupid look on his face. He doesn't look at film, he doesn't take notes, what the hell is it that he does on gameday? I can't figure it out. This guy is STEALING MONEY like so many that have come before him have done from Woody Johnson.

11 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

really?   HIS decisions cost us games. He is a below average HC.   Why would any team play a 38 year old retread????   Bowles will never be a HC again .... 

I don't know what specific decisions he made to lose the game. The players bear responsibility also. You can't muff a punt at that point in the game, the two missed FGs hurt. This is not a great team, but it plays with heart and it's very competitive. 

4 minutes ago, rangerous said:

just what, exactly, could bowles have done to ensure the win?  could he force catnazaro to make the two missed fg's?  could he force the oline to run block and pass block better than they are?  can he somehow force mccown to make better throws?  the point is there are things beyond bowles control.  atlanta is not a bad team.  they were just in the superbowl and matty ice is one of the best qb's in the league.  and if you want to criticise bowles for the oline performance then you had better alos go after morton and the oline coach.

at the end of the day bowles is the guy most responsible for the team's success.  and , in a lot of ways, this team is not more talented than originally predicted.  if this is the case then their success has to be credited to bowles.

i don't care a whit about what a coach says at the press conference.  what matters is what he says to the team before, during  and after the games.

During? What does Bowles do exactly DURING the game?

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

So you know Bowles, or anyone on his staff doesn't know anything about evaluating QBs. Because in 2 1/2 seasons he has had to evaluate Fitz, McCown, Hack, Petty, Geno, and figure out who gives the Jets the best chance to win.

How many posts on this board are dedicated to the importance of QB. Endless arguments about the subject. But these coaches are expected to win where their options at the position are McCown, Petty, and Hack. But when they don't win, it's the coaching. There is so much hypocrisy on this board. 

Just now, RESNewYork said:

So you know Bowles, or anyone on his staff doesn't know anything about evaluating QBs. Because in 2 1/2 seasons he has had to evaluate Fitz, McCown, Hack, Petty, Geno, and figure out who gives the Jets the best chance to win.

How many posts on this board are dedicated to the importance of QB. Endless arguments about the subject. But these coaches are expected to win where their options at the position are McCown, Petty, and Hack. But when they don't win, it's the coaching. There is so much hypocrisy on this board. 

I agree 100% with you. 

2 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

I don't know what specific decisions he made to lose the game. The players bear responsibility also. You can't muff a punt at that point in the game, the two missed FGs hurt. This is not a great team, but it plays with heart and it's very competitive. 

Parcells , Billicek and a few other coaches would  for example make certain that McCown isn’t throwing in the NE game with 45 seconds in the Half,  Every game there are 3 or 4 instances where a real HC would make the call.  Bowles is like REX in that regard.  he doesn’t take responsibility for the team.   

Just now, Jetster said:

During? What does Bowles do exactly DURING the game?

you and just about every bowles hater don't know what he says.  neither do i.  he's not exactly wearing a headset for a fashion statement.  a lot of fans want things both ways.  they want the tank but they want the wins.  they want to see petty but want the wins.  they think the players suck but bowles has nothing to do with those same sucky players playing well.  they think this team is loaded with talent and bowles is holding them back.

i'm not a bowles hater or lover but i do know one of the best things that can come of this season is to find out if bowles is the coach for the future.  he started the season on pretty thin ice but the way the team has played for the past 5 games really hasn't shown that he should be launched.  at least in my opinion.

Just now, southparkcpa said:

Parcells , Billicek and a few other coaches would  for example make certain that McCown isn’t throwing in the NE game with 45 seconds in the Half,  Every game there are 3 or 4 instances where a real HC would make the call.  Bowles is like REX in that regard.  he doesn’t take responsibility for the team.   

I totally disagree with you. Those coaches played to win.  You want to play not to lose. McCown bears responsibility for throwing that pick, but you are not beating NE by not trying to score.  I remember when Bowles took a knee in a similar position against the Steelers last year and he got crucufied for being to conservative. 

1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

Really? 

My opinion, they may have been more aggressive realizing its not smart to waste any possessions since you're playing a superior team. 

And the one thing you can't blame Bowles for is not taking ownership of anything. Never see the guy deflect blame

4 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

and here we have a jet qb with a 90+ QBR (remember when rex used to talk about QBR in the pressers with sanchez) and they can't seem to win.  well, it just shows how stupid basing qb ability on a qbr is.

8 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Well when you take a Safety over 2 potential franchise QB's because Bowles needs Safties to run his double secret code defense that is so awesome, yes I say he has zero ability to evaluate a QB, AND I also think he has ZERO interest in having to coach a young QB just like his mentor Parcells, he wants a veteran QB at all costs so **** him, and don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out!

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Well when you take a Safety over 2 potential franchise QB's because Bowles needs Safties to run his double secret code defense that is so awesome, yes I say he has zero ability to evaluate a QB, AND I also think he has ZERO interest in having to coach a young QB just like his mentor Parcells, he wants a veteran QB at all costs so **** him, and don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out!

Yes. The reason Jamal Adams is a Jet and Watson is a Texan is because of Bowles. 

Do you genuinely believe this type of nonsense? Because reading made up posts you read here does not make it fact.

And do you think comparing Bowles to a hall of fame coach helps your argument? 

Yes. The reason Jamal Adams is a Jet and Watson is a Texan is because of Bowles. 

Do you genuinely believe this type of nonsense? Because reading made up posts you read here does not make it fact.

And do you think comparing Bowles to a hall of fame coach helps your argument? 

If you don't think the HC has a HUGE say in the 1st round pick you are the delusional one not me!

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

If you don't think the HC has a HUGE say in the 1st round pick you are the delusional one not me!

Really? I'm delusional. 

Just give me any proof, any little sliver of proof, that shows Bowles is the reason Jamal Adams is a Jet and not Watson. I can pull fantasies out of the air, post it hear, and call it a fact. Because that is essentially what you're doing. 

And trust me. There will be nothing to find that remotely states Watson would be Jet, and not Adams, because of Bowles.

3 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Really? I'm delusional. 

Just give me any proof, any little sliver of proof, that shows Bowles is the reason Jamal Adams is a Jet and not Watson. I can pull fantasies out of the air, post it hear, and call it a fact. Because that is essentially what you're doing. 

And trust me. There will be nothing to find that remotely states Watson would be Jet, and not Adams, because of Bowles.

I'll use logic while you use delusion.

Bowles has shown little to no growth as a head coach. Actually I think he has regressed. The defense is ranked at the bottom of the league showing a lack of ability to adjust in game, His sideline dimmer appears to be one of confusion. Was actually hoping he would show signs growth now Black Monday can’t come soon enough and would applaud a change now.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Bowles should have been fired last year he was that bad.

Here is the sad truth, our GM has no power to do so even though he may want to.

The newbie kid brother of the owner has zero clue about the team and will listen to media talking heads who felate bowls for the team just showing up on Sundays.

Be prepared now when both coach and gm get extensions in the off season because the team at 6 wins is going in the right direction.

This mildly competitive but still impotent football team on pace for 6 wins is completely worst case scenario. 

Get ready for another DB first round pick and aging loser quarterback hand picked by Bowles and Mac. What a nightmare. 

Serious? That's your argument

Your statement of "Watson would be a Jet and Adams would not if Bowles was not the HC of the Jets"

And that statement is based in logic? 

I'm basing my logic for Adams being the pick because Bowles is the HC, and nothing more.

Archived