Jets PK Chandler Catanzaro gets kicked when down ... by former teammate

Gas2No99

14 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

This was my reaction. Why do I suspect he wouldn’t have posted it if he’d missed even one of them? 

Not like there was an unedited video that began with his drive over to the field, so we know these weren't the first and only 3 he attempted. And even still, he had the non-pressure of knowing that, if he botched any/all of them, no one (other than himself) would have known about it.

And I'm sure Ross had a some duct tape, black plastic bags, and a gun in his truck in order to take care of the camera man in the event that he missed.

18 hours ago, shuler82 said:

Good for Martin. Another dumb decision by Bowles.

Yup. Martin clearly out-played him in pre-season. Bowles went with the veteran, because: duh-duh derp.

I mean. I get the "go with the experience" philosophy, if it's something like re-wiring the electrical in your house. Sure, go for the electrician with 20 years experience or whatever, over the young guy who may have never even done this type of work before. But this is football. The house isn't going to burn down because of inexperience. It's just stupid.

32 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yup. Martin clearly out-played him in pre-season. Bowles went with the veteran, because: duh-duh derp.

I mean. I get the "go with the experience" philosophy, if it's something like re-wiring the electrical in your house. Sure, go for the electrician with 20 years experience or whatever, over the young guy who may have never even done this type of work before. But this is football. The house isn't going to burn down because of inexperience. It's just stupid.

Well he and his GM counterpart had no experience at their own current jobs. Almost like a symbolic Freudian Slip.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/30/2017 at 8:46 AM, nyjunc said:

how do you know that? how do we know the game plays out the same if he makes those kicks? it wasn't a last second kick that determined the outcome, they were earlier ion the game, if he makes it things change. There were a million reasons we lost, the missed kicks(really the shorter one) is one of the reasons.

well you don't.  the thing is additional points are always good. getting up by multiple scores is just better.  it forces the other team to become more one dimensional.  the only sure way the jets win is if they are able to run the ball in the 4th quarter.

On 10/30/2017 at 5:16 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

Well he and his GM counterpart had no experience at their own current jobs. Almost like a symbolic Freudian Slip.

well, they do now.  they both are well into their 3rd season.  that's more than idzik got and nearly as long as mangini got.  and it's longer than groh, or charley winner, or lou holtz, or delete pete carroll.

I am 100% sure I could eventually post the same video. Unrushed, unsnapped kicks in a pre-recorded video. Whatever the conditions these kicks aren't exactly impossible. 

If this was put out to make a point it's absolutely horrendous. More likely it was the "The currently unemployed Ross Martin" scavenging for a job.

Not trying to defend Catanzaro, but it's a lot easier to kick those when you're by yourself, there's no long snapper or place holder, no defensive line there trying to block it, no pressure, no game clock and no crowd noise. Sorry, but I think Ross Martin is a dick for making this video. He also missed some during this past preseason and the preseason a year ago.

Archived