Jets head to national stage one loss away from total implosion

Gas2No99

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, section314 said:

The run game suffers for one reason, and one reason only. The O-Line is pathetic. Standing in the pouring rain yesterday, and watching replays on the big screen, it was mind boggling how many times our linemen were pushed back, by yards, into the backfield.  On one 3rd and 1, we gave the ball to 285 lb Lawrence Thomas, and he was basically tackled by Johnson and Winters because they were bullrushed. We can't run the ball because ouside of Shell, we don't have an Olineman who is worth a damn.

And it was evident that the Falcons were stuffing 8-9 men in the box on every play . They took the run away and forced the Jets to throw the ball. The Jets RB's aren't bad and their Oline is better than most think, but the lack of a QB who can consistently stretch the field makes them one dimensional in most games. 

On 10/30/2017 at 11:47 AM, JiF said:

I wonder who he's referring to here, specifically the people who aren't doing their jobs.  And you'd think a natural born leader of men would have everyone communicating and doing their jobs. 

He may have just left it out there because that was something they were talking about a week or more ago.  Guys were trying to do too much instead of just "doing their job."  This comment may have been a continuation of that discussion.  No freelancing, do your job and trust your teammates.

On 10/30/2017 at 11:44 AM, UnitedWhofans said:

Yes Rich Cimini grasping at straws trying to make misery where it is logically impossible.

Just like some of the fans here

Yeah I don’t usually complain about beat writers but this is just a Dick headline

so a team some thought would go 0-16 is going to implode because they are 3-6

On 10/30/2017 at 10:19 PM, 56mehl56 said:

And it was evident that the Falcons were stuffing 8-9 men in the box on every play . They took the run away and forced the Jets to throw the ball. The Jets RB's aren't bad and their Oline is better than most think, but the lack of a QB who can consistently stretch the field makes them one dimensional in most games. 

yet forte complains they didn't run enough.  selfless genius.

37 minutes ago, MaxAF said:

Kinda miss that sideline emotion.

talk about polar opposites!!

all jokes aside, if bowles did anything close to this on the sidelines, he would probably be having a nervous breakdown..

& yes, i do miss some of ryan's raw emotion.. especially since we get absolutely none from bowles..

On 10/30/2017 at 11:20 AM, Gas2No99 said:

At 3-5, the Jets aren't realistic playoff contenders, but no one expected them to be in the hunt in the first year of the Great Rebuilding Project.

And this is the most important point that will go completely unnoticed by most.

Year one of the rebuild is taking place in year three of the regime.

It's not just the fact that it's taken this long for the rebuilding to start, but the fact that the current team that needs rebuilding was built, in no small part, by the very same regime that is now rebuilding it.

On 10/30/2017 at 11:44 AM, UnitedWhofans said:

Yes Rich Cimini grasping at straws trying to make misery where it is logically impossible.

Just like some of the fans here

*BEEP* "Misery is a human emotion. Emotions are illogical. I am immune. Sadness does not compute. You cannot deny my irrefutable logic haterz."

tumblr_o0ds5eCsL71qcaycmo1_500.gif

On 10/30/2017 at 11:47 AM, JiF said:

I wonder who he's referring to here, specifically the people who aren't doing their jobs.  And you'd think a natural born leader of men would have everyone communicating and doing their jobs. 

Don't worry, as we speak, Jamal Adams is taking each player aside and interviewing them, in order to find the weak links on the field:

wwysydh.gif

On 10/30/2017 at 7:39 PM, section314 said:

The run game suffers for one reason, and one reason only. The O-Line is pathetic. Standing in the pouring rain yesterday, and watching replays on the big screen, it was mind boggling how many times our linemen were pushed back, by yards, into the backfield.  On one 3rd and 1, we gave the ball to 285 lb Lawrence Thomas, and he was basically tackled by Johnson and Winters because they were bullrushed. We can't run the ball because ouside of Shell, we don't have an Olineman who is worth a damn.

I know that it is fashionable to act like Shell has established himself as a quality offensive lineman and some kind of run blocking force, but the team has had one good rushing game all season and Shell sat that one out. 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Rex took us to back to back AFC Championships, I doubt Bowles ever sees a playoff game as our head coach. 

And Rex was also a big culprit in us loosing our 2nd, and last ever, playoff appearance during his tenure.

They are both bad head coaches.

On 10/30/2017 at 12:26 PM, KRL said:

I know it's not going to happen but it would be great if these "click bait" headlines
and "fake internet panic" would disappear.  The Jets in the first half of the season
have proven a couple of things:

- They're a young, resilient team that will fight until the end
- They have an improved locker room culture
- They can go toe to toe with any opponent but self-destruct at the end of games
- They still have talent deficiences that have to be addressed

They aren't going to implode.  What they will do is probably have another 5-6 frustrating 
losses over they second half of the season

For many of us it is much easier to say the Jets just suck and pretend somehow Bowles is coaching the offense with McCown into mistakes then to realize the Jets are simply a structurally rebuilding team with a below average QB. 

On 10/30/2017 at 6:12 PM, peebag said:

Or very bad...depending on how you look at things.

Between that and the hangover the poor lad will have in the UK I guarantee he will feel great at work

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I made a batch of Indian Pale ale this summer and some of it has been really good but I made a major gaff in the bottling and some of it has come our flat.  I used some screw cap bottles with regular caps and you are not supposed to do that.

I envy guys who can do that stuff, for me its just easier to make a trip to the liquor store no mess no fuss always good results. 

Archived