Kerly getting suspended (confirmed)

johnnyjet

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sad part is that its only in situations like this where Bowles is actually forced into making the right move and play the young draft pick to see what he is. Mac drafts two receivers and a running back and all three have rotted on the bench while we get to watch Kerley and Forte carry this team to a 3-5 record. YAY!!! My hatred for Bowles grows by the hour.

12 minutes ago, section314 said:

Don't you just love it when our head coach is forced to play guys who are more talented? :lol:

Injuries are the only reason Bowles looks at youngsters on offense. It's time for Stewart & Hansen to learn how to play in the NFL. More reps = experience, it's all about 2018.

IMG_0729-1.jpg

According to reports from WFAN and the New York Daily News, Jets wide receiver Jeremy Kerley is facing a suspension of an unknown length for what is only being described as “violating NFL policy”.

With Kerley out, head coach Todd Bowles may be forced to turn to rookie receiver Ardarius Stewart who has played fewer than 30% of the team’s offensive snaps up to this point as his primary slot receiver.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
UvQkxYK5mhY

Click here to read the full story...

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

okay.  too bad for the guy.  that muffed punt was huge.  but on the bright side it means stewart or hansen get into the game.

Yeah, in fairness he has actually had a pretty good year outside of that muff, but I thought the exact same when I saw this.  Will definitely be pleased to get a real look at these guys.  Kearse and Anderson are still obviously above them, but that won't change a need for a pretty massive increase in snaps for one or both of them.

2 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

I hope there is some undeserving veteran WR to play over any of the rookies as I'm sure Bowles has seen enough of them in the preseason.

Only a matter of time before you Jets sign Kembrell Thompkins come over the wire.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The fact that kerley is better than peake, marshall, stewart, hansen  is the concerning thing.  Other than anderson all of our prize late rounders and mid rounders can't get on the field due to medium vets like kerley and kearse.

Is he, or is it that our coach plays vets? I would imagine it is both, but still...

41 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

It's great to see everyone felt the need to continue on with the same incessant whining about one and only one topic, in a thread that has nothing to do with it.

Good to know that you are the arbiter of all that is relevant to be discussed.

Kerley being suspended plays into the whole "Bowles won't play young guys" narrative and is directly related to the subject. 

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Young = in line with a building team.

Also really young plus getting experience playing is > than 29, lower to mid tier player on a lousy team

Fair enough.  I wonder though. Enunwa didnt really come into his own until his 3rd year. So I think that judging the young receivers now is unfair. Just like declaring that Watson is the greatest when he's played 7 games

4 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Only a matter of time before you Jets sign Kembrell Thompkins come over the wire.

SMH, lol.... I can see it now: 

Mac's phone rings, the caller I.D. says "Toilet" Todd.... Mac sighs, takes a deep breath and answers; "Hey Todd, did you give any more thought to starting Petty?"

Bowles: Naw, I saw enough of the young QB's in the Preseason, they need 10 more years....

MAC: Hm... Well Todd then what did you call me for?

Bowles: I am reading a thread on Jetnation.com and it says that Kerley may be getting suspended?

MAC: Yes, Todd I sent you a text message and said you may want to prep Stewart and Hansen 

Bowles: But, Mike they aren't ready yet, they need 3 more offseasons..... I need to get a veteran in here for this week.

MAC: Ughhhhh, Okay Todd, do you have an ideas? I will see what I can do for you

Bowles: I'd really like to bring in Kenbrell Thompkins................

-- - - - - - - - - uneasy silence -- -- - - - - - - -- 

MAC: (spits up coffee) Ke.... Kenbrell Thompkins ?!? What tha..... Did you just say Kenbrell Thompkins....?????
Bowles: Yeah, I think he would give us the best chance to win going forward.

MAC: Laughs, (Says under his breath, its your funeral) Okay Todd I'll call his agent.

Bowles: Ok great, hey what did you say before you'd call his agent, I thought I heard you say something about a funeral

MAC: What? Oh no! I said that this should be fun for us all, yeah.... Kenbrell sounds like a great idea, Ill call you later with the details Todd.

Just now, shevys said:

Good to know that you are the arbiter of all that is relevant to be discussed.

Kerley being suspended plays into the whole "Bowles won't play young guys" narrative and is directly related to the subject. 

You make a brilliant point.  Clearly the only options are not discussing a topic at all, or saying the same thing in every single thread. 

Clearly, it is quite relevant as Kerley was only suspended as a devious plot against Bowles' use of his powers to make veteran players appear out of thin air, just so he can refuse to play any young players, other than the one's that do play, but those don't count because they don't.

3 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

if this isn't a league suspension, it has the feel of bowles blaming the loss on him.  

Manish is reporting that it is a violation of league policy.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-jeremy-kerley-expects-suspended-violating-policy-article-1.3601200?utm_content=buffer14512&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=mmehta+twitter

"Jets wide receiver Jeremy Kerley has told people that he expects to be suspended for violating league policy, the Daily News has learned."

30 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The fact that kerley is better than peake, marshall, stewart, hansen  is the concerning thing.  Other than anderson all of our prize late rounders and mid rounders can't get on the field due to medium vets like kerley and kearse.

WR especially in the WCO takes time for youngsters to grasp. Bowles plays vets on offense because he wants to win TODAY. We as fans want the young guys in there to learn how to play while we'll losing anyway.

Huge WIN for the fans. We have no idea how good Stewart or Hansen can become. Many, many young WRs took years to become household names. The Jets would have cut a guy like Edelman instead of developing him for 2 years. Just like Danny Woodhead. Everyone we draft doesn't have to be a STAR. Just learn their role & help us win in 2018. Giving a vet heavy leaning coach like Todd Bowles the steering wheel to a rebuilding team is a mistake to begin with. Injuries are forcing his hand. We need a Josh McCown hamstring pull to complete the mission here in 2017.

Archived