Kerly getting suspended (confirmed)

johnnyjet

On 10/31/2017 at 9:32 AM, Bleedin Green said:

Yeah, in fairness he has actually had a pretty good year outside of that muff, but I thought the exact same when I saw this.  Will definitely be pleased to get a real look at these guys.  Kearse and Anderson are still obviously above them, but that won't change a need for a pretty massive increase in snaps for one or both of them.

How old is Kerley 28?   The reason he's been playing is because he's better than Stewart and Hansen,  though he would never be my choice for returning punts.  Truth be told, I think we whiffed on Stewart and Hansen.  Stewart in particular had his chances to shine and has come up empty.  Let's see what happens the remainder of the year.  Something tells me the Jets will be signing, or drafting another WR early next year.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/31/2017 at 10:19 AM, UnitedWhofans said:

Here we go.

Young = UNder 30

That qualifies Kerley who is 28 albeit for a couple of other days.  Maybe some haven't figured it out yet, but we actually are trying to win and make the playoffs.  As mis-guided as that may sound, it's the truth and Kerley is miles better than Stewart and Hansen at this time in his career and maybe forever.

On 10/31/2017 at 10:58 AM, bgivs21 said:

Let's be fair, when Kerley came back here and started playing he caught almost everything. You can't sit a guy playing that well. 

This doesn't mean Kerley is a better player than any of those guys. Forte gets more time than Powell & at this point in their careers Powell is the superior player. 

Kerley has had a solid career as a slot receiver.  He was productive till Chan Gailey replaced him with a Decker and reduced him to punt returner, then got rid of him.  Even after that he performed admirably for the 49ers, with close to 700 yards in a backup role.

On 10/31/2017 at 12:26 PM, CanadaSteve said:

I don't think that Kerley is better Beer....I think Bowles is playing guys like Kerley to give him the best chance to win so he doesn't lose his job.  How can you possibly know what Stewart and Hansen have if you don't play them in game situations?  We know what Kerley can do, and so does Bowles.  Given the concept that Bowles is playing for wins to keep his job, he is going to go with what he knows.

I blame Bowles more on the issue, since he is TRYING to win to stay employed.  Now, is that also Mac supporting this, or has Woody put in a mandate?  Who knows, but McCown shouldn't be doing anything but holding a clipboard and pulling off Mark Sanchez-esque hot dog sideline dining.

OMG, Bowles is trying to win, but wait isn't that his job?

On 10/31/2017 at 2:01 PM, Sperm Edwards said:

Totes Magotes. Because Bowles has never given playing time to any young/inexperienced WRs who were low-round draftees or UDFAs. He never tried forcing Jalin Marshall onto the field despite his repeated butterfingers, and we all know Robbie Anderson is still rotting on the bench, just like he never saw any action in his rookie season.

Also it's totally believable and likely that Todd Bowles is overruling his OCs as to which WRs to play and which to bench.

Holy sh*t.  I read this thread from the beginning and started to post this.  Then I read this and figured it wasn't necessary.  Then I read another page and a half complaining about Bowles forcing vets on the field in place of these poor youngsters.

How is the sarcasm lost on them? 

On 10/31/2017 at 7:14 AM, Beerfish said:

The fact that kerley is better than peake, marshall, stewart, hansen  is the concerning thing.  Other than anderson all of our prize late rounders and mid rounders can't get on the field due to medium vets like kerley and kearse.

Bowles does not play them, because of bias, not skill. Young offensive players sitting is not a reflection of their ability under Bowles

On 10/31/2017 at 10:51 AM, Jetster said:

WR especially in the WCO takes time for youngsters to grasp. Bowles plays vets on offense because he wants to win TODAY. We as fans want the young guys in there to learn how to play while we'll losing anyway.

Huge WIN for the fans. We have no idea how good Stewart or Hansen can become. Many, many young WRs took years to become household names. The Jets would have cut a guy like Edelman instead of developing him for 2 years. Just like Danny Woodhead. Everyone we draft doesn't have to be a STAR. Just learn their role & help us win in 2018. Giving a vet heavy leaning coach like Todd Bowles the steering wheel to a rebuilding team is a mistake to begin with. Injuries are forcing his hand. We need a Josh McCown hamstring pull to complete the mission here in 2017.

Danny Woodhead was a numbers game, no one wanted to cut him, but someone had to go.

3 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

OMG, Bowles is trying to win, but wait isn't that his job?

Amazing no? Fans blame Bowles for trying to win. 

Preseason week 1 week 2, Bowles is the perfect coach for the tank. Then it became Bowles is the worst coach because look at all this talent. 

11 minutes ago, RESNewYork said:

Amazing no? Fans blame Bowles for trying to win. 

Preseason week 1 week 2, Bowles is the perfect coach for the tank. Then it became Bowles is the worst coach because look at all this talent. 

Bunch of nonsensical gibberish, but I guess if you have enough folks singing the same tune then it's an accepted fact.  For these folks where is Kotite when you need him? That man knew how to tank. 

22 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Holy sh*t.  I read this thread from the beginning and started to post this.  Then I read this and figured it wasn't necessary.  Then I read another page and a half complaining about Bowles forcing vets on the field in place of these poor youngsters.

If it's sarcasm cool, but let's face it there are plenty here who are actually serious. 

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Lol at all these people who have convinced themselves that Todd Bowles runs the Jets’ offense. The same Todd Bowles who “ignores” the offense when that line suits the same peoples’ arguments.

5 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I think you misunderstood....I know he is trying to win.  That was not the point I was making...

I Suppose your point is that he's looking short term,  not long term.  On the other hand, I think he's not playing Stewart and Hansen because they're not ready.  Adams, Maye and McGwire are in there and they've done pretty well. Anderson was a starter by end of last year. Stewart has not looked good when he had his chances.  What's wrong with giving players a year to develop if they're not ready?

Archived