Give cousins 30 mil per and draft a QB in the first

nico002

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/1/2017 at 6:56 PM, varjet said:

If you pay Cousins big money for multiple, the other draft picks are to make the team better NOW.  You can't draft Mayfield if you do that with Cousins.

Sign Cousins for 2 years-they maybe you draft Mayfield.

Nonsense. Good teams have good backups for future. Sims hostetler..... Favre rogers

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Since we'll be out of range for even a trade up for rosen or darnold at this point. I think Cousins is our only good option for next year. Or it'll be more of the same average at best but probably below average to awful quarterbackin

giphy.gif

On 11/1/2017 at 6:56 PM, varjet said:

If you pay Cousins big money for multiple, the other draft picks are to make the team better NOW.  You can't draft Mayfield if you do that with Cousins.

Sign Cousins for 2 years-they maybe you draft Mayfield.

Completely agree with this. If we sign Cousins, keep Petty/Hack for another year. Draft other positions. 

Wait a season or two until you build up the rest of the roster...then you trade picks and move up for a QB that can sit and learn behind Cousins for a year or two.

No you guys are wayyyyy wrong. 

If you do get cousins, you absolutely snag best qb available in round 1.

Then you do it again in 2019. It doesn't matter what your qb situation is, you hedge your bets and go qb in the first. Forever. 

I know many will disagree but thats because youre dumb, young and inexperienced. 

Sorry, but im almost 50 and ive seen the light

That's all well and good but what does it matter if we keep coaches that go into give the game away mode as soon as we get a lead of any size. 3rd qtr hits and we call plays not to get first downs and to give up TD's swear to god I thought it was going to happen again last night against buffalo. 

The poster is right we have tons of cash and I am all for lets sign a guy that can play or at least take a shot on a guy that can. Lets draft some lineman, a RB...it would be great

15 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Then you do it again in 2019. It doesn't matter what your qb situation is, you hedge your bets and go qb in the first. Forever. 

I know many will disagree but thats because youre dumb, young and inexperienced. 

Sorry, but im almost 50 and ive seen the light

7e5e165f8855280603aa9b5c237b38e0.jpg

Just curious, I’ve read that the Redskins shouldn’t place the franchise tag on Cousins because that will inflate his 2018 salary $32M.

But they can still use the transition tag.  What would that make his salary and more importantly, what would the compensation be is he signs elsewhere?

18 hours ago, HighPitch said:

And you're thinking like beer-league caliber fan. 

Zero chance Cousins comes to the NY Jets without an agreement that we're not drafting a QB in rnd 1. You're crazy if you don't think that'll be part of the conversation between his agent and McCagnan. Cousins will not play in New York City with the knowledge that we're going to draft Mayfield/Rosen etc in the first. Everyone knows how that story goes with media/fans

2 hours ago, Pcola said:

Just curious, I’ve read that the Redskins shouldn’t place the franchise tag on Cousins because that will inflate his 2018 salary $32M.

But they can still use the transition tag.  What would that make his salary and more importantly, what would the compensation be is he signs elsewhere?

Yes, they can use the Transition Tag which would give him a 20% increase to $28.8MM.  More details in the Pro Football Talk article below:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/11/kirk-cousins-saga-could-culminate-in-2018-transition-tag/

"Washington could apply the franchise tag this year and the transition tag in 2018. By rule, this would result in only a 20-percent increase over Cousins’ $23.94 million compensation in 2017.  That approach would cost $28.78 million in 2018, but that would be nearly $6 million less than a third use of the franchise tag."

On 10/31/2017 at 1:06 PM, Warfish said:

I liked Cousins alot coming out of school, as a mid-round pick.

I like Cousins alot less as a 30+ million a year, 5+ year contract, type player.

He is simply not that good.

30 million buys alot of talent.

Draft a QB, use the 30 mil to surround him with talent and O-line help.

Problem is drafting a QB is a crapshoot even in round one, so we need to draft and sign some type of vet just in case.  Prob not a 30M vet, but some veteran leadership.  Perhaps re-up on McCown and go to work with the 100 mil and extra draft picks.  With that kind of coin and the picks we can build a great situation for a young QB to be dropped into.  I suggest resigning McCown and drafting 2 QBs and let them all fight it out in training camp.

On 10/31/2017 at 2:17 PM, ChuckkieB said:

If the Jets have a chance to draft Rosen or Darnold, I might be inclined to go that route, but if they don't, sign Cousins and draft Saquon Barkley and call it a day.  I might just cry if either of these two scenarios came true. 

I think it's gonna come down to BAP in the first round, with maybe some additional consideration for QB.  They are not going to bypass a total stud player for the 4th or 5th rated QB.  If Rosen or Darnold are there, no brainer, they pick them.  Otherwise they may go in another direction.

7 hours ago, Paradis said:

And you're thinking like beer-league caliber fan. 

Zero chance Cousins comes to the NY Jets without an agreement that we're not drafting a QB in rnd 1. You're crazy if you don't think that'll be part of the conversation between his agent and McCagnan. Cousins will not play in New York City with the knowledge that we're going to draft Mayfield/Rosen etc in the first. Everyone knows how that story goes with media/fans

Really? 

Youre an agent i assume? Because ive never heard of any player dictating how their employer gets to draft. 

Nice try. 

2 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Really? 

Youre an agent i assume? Because ive never heard of any player dictating how their employer gets to draft. 

Nice try. 

Yes, that's because you live in a van down by the river. 

It's pretty simple Stephen H.,

Agent "Kirk, NY's up to 90 over 5, 48 guaranteed...." 

Kirk: "...and the draft?" 

Agent: "no promises, Mike says"

Kirk: "...OK, we're going with Denver at 45 guaranteed. No way i'm going to New york and putting up with that noise if they draft Mayfield"

You see professor, there's still that part where Kirk gets to chose his landing spot. Much like you chose which girl you're going to pay tonight.

20 hours ago, RESNewYork said:

Is Brees an option?

I would be very excited if Brees was on a short contract and drafting the future QB.

Brees would be a stop gap QB on roids. Brees on this current team would get us into the playoffs.

Brees is old and needs to play in a dome

Archived