Jets Place Leggett on IR

JetNation

IMG_5506.jpg

Another Mike Maccagnan draft choice has landed on injured reserve as the Jets have placed rookie tight end Jordan Leggett on IR.

Plagued by an injured knee for several months now, the Jets finally bit the bullet and shut him down for the season.

The move creates a roster space for defensive lineman Xavier Cooper.

Leggett joins rookie linebacker Dylan Donahue, linebacker Lorenzo Mauldin, ,wide receiver Charone Peake and wide receiver Devin Smith on IR while rookie defensive back Jeremy Clark will miss all of this season on the reserve/non-football injury list.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
qhiRdpTCcyM

Click here to read the full story...

Just now, Pcola said:

I’m curious as to when he got hurt.  He looked pretty damn healthy kicking Alabama’s @$$.  

Or is this just ANOTHER case of Bowles having zero patience with young players.

i think leggett was a healthy stash, we see how much bowles wants to play stewart and hansen.

Just now, Augustiniak said:

i think leggett was a healthy stash, we see how much bowles wants to play stewart and hansen.

I figured that as well.  We’re doing everything we can to make sure we give the young players on this team any experience during this wasted season.

Todd probably would be a good coach with a veteran team but I don’t want him anywhere near this team next season.  He’s not making the team better long term by stashing players on IR or letting Stewart and Hanson play less than 10 snaps a game while we have old Jags playing.

During camp, I liked the roster.  Wasn’t good but it was gonna be fun to watch Petty, Stewart, Hanson, and Leggett play.  

But the dogs hit that we’ve been forced to digest this season is dull and with only the here and now in mind.  Problem is the here and now is still a last place team.

While this is disappointing I dont see how Leggett would get much playing time with ASJ and Tomlinson playing as well as they are. 

Hopefully he can get healthy and stronger in order to be an H-Back type player for us next year.

take away the 2 gimmes that fell into Macc's pants like hot coffee - and we sport easily the most uninteresting, pathetic and downtrodden draft classes this side of CLE.... If it wasn't for the browns clinic of ineptitude, I'm would feel comfortable saying "we are the worst team in the NFL on draft day"

I actually thought he could be a decent pass catching option.  Probably not a good look to be getting out played by Eric Tomlinson which begs to ask, how did Leggett get hurt?  I assume Leggett is probably a healthy stash. 

Be interesting to see if he makes the roster next year. 

7 hours ago, Pcola said:

I figured that as well.  We’re doing everything we can to make sure we give the young players on this team any experience during this wasted season.

Todd probably would be a good coach with a veteran team but I don’t want him anywhere near this team next season.  He’s not making the team better long term by stashing players on IR or letting Stewart and Hanson play less than 10 snaps a game while we have old Jags playing.

During camp, I liked the roster.  Wasn’t good but it was gonna be fun to watch Petty, Stewart, Hanson, and Leggett play.  

But the dogs hit that we’ve been forced to digest this season is dull and with only the here and now in mind.  Problem is the here and now is still a last place team.

The lack of playing time for the kids in a lost season is angersome. Well said.

We need a bold direction by young guys like Morton & Bates. We need to go in a totally offensive direction. Our DEFENSIVE COACH has a bottom 5 ranked defense even though we're probably even in TOP. I Truly believe that there are 5/7 DCs who can easily do better than Bowles & Rogers.

15 hours ago, Paradis said:

take away the 2 gimmes that fell into Macc's pants like hot coffee - and we sport easily the most uninteresting, pathetic and downtrodden draft classes this side of CLE.... If it wasn't for the browns clinic of ineptitude, I'm would feel comfortable saying "we are the worst team in the NFL on draft day"

I was thinking the same thing, and Adams was only a gimme because he was a high profile, no bust pick.  The analytics on Adams that would have shown him to be a relatively lower value pick were not acknowledged.

So in the 2017 draft, which was noted for its quality and depth, MaccBowles basically found Maye (great value) and McGuire.  This should be it for Macc and Bowles.  

The biggest problem is Macc here.  Bowles does not help, and maybe Bowles can perform a Ryan like role, stepping into a mess and leading a veteran team through the playoffs.  Macc is a good pro personnel director scouting the waiver wire, but my guess is that the NFL know who the Wizard behind that curtain really is.  This off season is too important-someone else needs to direct this team.

An imperfect but qualified person is available, waiting for the call and likely lots of money that the Johnsons will not want to pay.   There are no cheap outs for the Johnsons anymore, but my guess is they can make an interim move by upgrading the GM/President role and keeping the coaches if they can replace Rodgers and Caldwell, initially.

7 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

When is it safe to say that Mac has had sh*tty drafts for 3 years now?  LMK.  Thanks.

tough to say, most teams actually play their drafted offensive players.  this jets regime is so much smarter than other teams, they're able to evaluate the suck n' failure in training camp.

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

tough to say, most teams actually play their drafted offensive players.  this jets regime is so much smarter than other teams, they're able to evaluate the suck n' failure in training camp.

Maybe if we didn't draft hot trash, they would see the field. While other teams are addressing need RB with guys like Kareem Hunt in the 3rd, we're drafting WR stewart who wouldn't even be on the radar had he not played for Alabama. While other teams are taking playmakers in the 1st and 2nd rounds, we're trying to outsmart Jesus Christ by taking Hackenberg and INSIDE LB tweener. Not even an OLB tweener.... an INSIDE. 

Decision makers have to shoulder all of this. 

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

As much as Kearse has played well, one of my biggest dissapointments this year is that Macc gave Bowles an out.  

Bowles should have been forced to play Stewart and Hanson, not provided with the usual Vets.  Same for Forte tbqh.

It's so hard to see what Macc is trying to do tbqh.  This riding the line between rebuild and trying to win now is a poor way to do business.

Starting Lineup (Skills, O) should have been:

QB Petty (Hack #2, Any Vet as #3 only)

RB Powell/McGuire/Some Other Youngster (Not Forte)

WR Kearse (can live with him because the trade was good (and I was wrong about it)/Robinson/Stewart/Hanson/Peake

TE Fine as is tbqh.  Just a shame about Leggett.

Thats an O I'd enjoy watching, even if it was a bit worse than what we have now.

30 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

ASJ may have been the pickup of the year and Tomlinson has been solid as well.  I thought Leggett would be our future at TE.  But it turns out the waiver wire did the trick.

The current Bills FO would try and trade him, this year or next. 

ASJ and Tomlinson look good, but don't know what their contract status is.  Leggett is under contract for 3 more years.

37 minutes ago, varjet said:

The current Bills FO would try and trade him, this year or next. 

ASJ and Tomlinson look good, but don't know what their contract status is.  Leggett is under contract for 3 more years.

ASJ is a free agent after this season but I can easily see us resigning him.  He's an important part of the future.

20 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

It is generally a bad sign when your "pickup of the year" was picked up last year.

Technically, I put him this year because he was injured most of the 2016, and also, I am Jet's fan.... so I pro-rate any positive personnel moves.   Dang, got stuck up on my P's there.

On 10/31/2017 at 2:19 PM, Pcola said:

I’m curious as to when he got hurt.  He looked pretty damn healthy kicking Alabama’s @$$.  

Or is this just ANOTHER case of Bowles having zero patience with young players.

Probably Bowels paid somebody to bust up his knee

9 minutes ago, pdxgreen said:

Technically, I put him this year because he was injured most of the 2016, and also, I am Jet's fan.... so I pro-rate any positive personnel moves.   Dang, got stuck up on my P's there.

Ha.  FWIW, I think he played half the year in 2016.  He is just showing up more because of this high volume, high percentage, low yardage McCown passing game and the lack of target hog prima donna Brandon Marshall.  Hopefully, being in better shape and rededicating himself to football are also contributing.

• 2 weeks later...

:o:unsure::(

TE Jordan Leggett: He was already on season-ending injured reserve, but on Thursday, he underwent knee surgery. So what was the issue with his knee? The rookie didn't play in any games this season. "I don't know what he had," said Bowles. "It was supposed to be a one- or two-week thing. It just kept getting worse and lingering on." 

Not looking good for Leggett and further substantiates (poor blocker/effort) why he possibly fell to the 5th round. Hope it's not some degenerative knee issue like Dwayne Robertson that only gets worse, not better, over time. 

Archived