49ers Trading CB Rashard Robinson to Jets

Just now, Integrity28 said:

To make it worse, we traded for a sh*t CB from the 9ers? You can’t make this up.

This is like the defensive back version of Rex with the DL. Hire a guy with an area of expertise, he can’t coach up anyone, keep pouring resources into his area of expertise.

I truly hate this team.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 3

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Again Jets fans immediately jumping to the negative

Until the team starts making good moves on a regular basis this is 100% fine.  History and past evidence suggests this team makes bad moves more often than good.  Start making good moves and winning and believe me the fans will be all over any move as being a good one.

• Sympathy 2

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Until the team starts making good moves on a regular basis this is 100% fine.  History and past evidence suggests this team makes bad moves more often than good.  Start making good moves and winning and believe me the fans will be all over any move as being a good one.

That’s not fair though man. The Saints success came out of nowhwrenowhere

• San Francisco CB Rashard Robinson’s 13.2 coverage snaps per reception ranked No. 1 among rookie cornerbacks with at least 250 snaps in coverage.
  • Robinson ranked 10th in coverage snaps per reception among all cornerbacks with at least 250 coverage snaps.
  • He allowed the third-fewest yards per coverage snap (1.07) and fourth-lowest QB rating (86.4) among rookie cornerbacks.
  • Robinson is expected to have a full-time starting role for the 49ers in 2017, especially after the release of Tramaine Brock.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-rashard-robinson-led-2016-rookie-cbs-in-coverage-snaps-per-reception

• Sympathy 2

12 minutes ago, Dinamite said:

But he was just benched and might have even been cut by niners.   In comparison, Kelvin Benjamin for traded for a 3rd and Ajay for a 4th.  Maybe this guy was worth a 7th that could have become a 5th if he played well.

He's 22 y/o... 

The San Francisco 49ers are already moving on from another Trent Baalke draft pick. Ian Rapoport is reporting the team is preparing to trade cornerback Rashard Robinson to the New York Jets. The NFL trade deadline is at 1 p.m. PT, so this would appear to be one more deadline deal.

Robinson entered the season as the 49ers No. 1 cornerback, but has struggled mightily. He has done some solid work at times in coverage, but he has been a penalty machine. After starting the first seven games, he was demoted behind rookie Ahkello Witherspoon. Robinson got 19 defensive snaps in Week 8, but he was clearly the fourth cornerback on the roster.

The 49ers move forward with Ahkello Witherspoon and Dontae Johnson as their starting cornerbacks. K’Waun Williams will be the nickel when he returns from injury, and Leon Hallwill likely be the fourth cornerback after Williams returns.

Talk about a busy trade deadline!

https://www.ninersnation.com/2017/10/31/16586758/nfl-trade-deadline-rumors-jets-trading-for-rashard-robinson-cornerback

7 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

A 7.3 3 cone and a 1.6 shuttle is BRUTAL for a CB. Add on he’s skinny. 

Not to nitpick, but those don't really measure speed.  You said he's slow. He isn't slow, he has issues with change of direction it would appear.

Either way, those are concerning numbers for a CB, but lots of people talk about his clear talent, so there is no reason anyone(not saying you specifically) should be immediately against this

I read that he was PFF's (I know, not exactly proof of anything) lowest rated CB in 2016.  The new guys had him at #1CB and liked his "dog" mentality.  They used that phrase to describe Ardarius Stewart too.  We use that to mean a loaf, so I don't really follow, but they seem to use it as short for "Alpha Dog" or "Junkyard Dog"  I would have thought they could get him for less than a 5th considering he was their #4 CB last week.  

PREDICTION:  it takes him about 5 minutes to pass Burris on the depth chart.