49ers Trading CB Rashard Robinson to Jets

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Maybe if you would read the post and quotes you would see that they graded him as the 49ers worst for 2016.  Remember, the 49ers D sucked in 2016.  Do you have any idea of this different playbook?  The guy they brought in had this kid #1CB and installed a system styled after the Seahawks.  Does that sound like he lost his opportunity because of scheme?  His problem this year has apparently been penalties, which unfortunately sounds very familiar. 

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-rashard-robinson-led-2016-rookie-cbs-in-coverage-snaps-per-reception

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Interesting tidbit from Yahoo:

"Jets coach Todd Bowles, however, did not appear to be in on the decision to make the trade: Reporters at the Jets’ facility say Bowles only learned about it from the media."

https://sports.yahoo.com/49ers-trade-rashard-robinson-jets-195954916.html

The less Bowles is involved, the better. His days should be numbered. 

Todd Bowles: "Don't worry guys, I know our secondary has mostly struggled this season, but trust me, I'm a former DB coach, I can work with what I have."

Mike: "MOAR CORNERBACKS! TODD NEEDS MOAR MEN!!!!!!!"

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Todd Bowles: "Don't worry guys, I know our secondary has mostly struggled this season, but trust me, I'm a former DB coach, I know what I'm doing."

Mike: "MOAR CORNERBACKS! TODD NEEDS MOAR MEN!!!!!!!"

Bowles' draft board for 2018 is already set.  Minkah Fitzpatrick and Derwin James are 1a and 1b.  Robinson moves to nickel.  Secondary is fixed.  50% of our total scoring comes from the 3 INT returns for TD in 2018.  It's gonna be great.

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 2

Representatives from all 32 NFL teams -- including the entire coaching staff of the New Orleans Saintswith the exception of head coach Sean Payton, New York Jets defensive coordinator Kacy Rodgers, offensive line coaches from the Detroit Lions and New England Patriots, and a defensive backs coach from the New York Jets -- were present for LSU's pro day on Monday.

A total of 10 players worked out indoors on FieldTurf.

Cornerback Rashard Robinson -- 6-2, 176 -- ran the 40 in 4.43 seconds on both attempts. He had a 34 1/2-inch vertical jump and 10-foot broad jump. He did the short shuttle in 4.44 seconds and the three-cone in 7.31 seconds. He put the bar up five times on the bench press. Robinson showed great ball skills in the positional workout, but he is a bit of a straight-line player.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000644566/article/deion-jones-has-off-the-charts-workout-at-lsus-pro-day

A clocking of 4.56 seconds in the 40-yard dash at the NFL Scouting Combine wasn't good enough for LSU's Jamal Adams, and he showed why on Wednesday.

Adams was timed officially at 4.45 at LSU's pro day, per NFL.com senior analyst Gil Brandt. That's a significant improvement for a player already considered to be one of the 2017 NFL Draft's elite prospects. Hard as it might have been for Adams to boost his already high draft stock, he might have done just that. Per NFL.com analyst Bucky Brooks, the improvement will "change the perception about his athleticism."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000797819/article/lsu-pro-day-jamal-adams-shows-major-improvement-in-40

1 hour ago, C Mart said:

STRENGTHS

Tremendously long athlete with cover skills to blanket his target in press-man. Recovery speed allows him to sit on short and intermediate routes. Can flip hips and accelerate with his man down the field. Smooth change of speed to mirror double movers. Thin, but not soft. Plays to his height and it often spells doom when he has receivers pinned against the sideline. In 2013, held then-Aggie Mike Evans to four catches for 51 yards. Willing to do his part when he has to tackle. Explosive from stand­still and can close quickly on throws or receivers.

latest?cb=20140706022602

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I read that.  It is nice.  Do you understand what it means?  There were only 5 players that met their criteria of rookie with 250 snaps.  It is basically saying that he was better than Eli Apple.  Hurray!  It also says that he was 4th in QB rating against , but only 5 met the criteria, so... 

3 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yes, but is he a Leader of Men?

I think he read he was the most talented player in that LSU secondary.  Considering we have the two safeties, maybe?  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dinamite said:

So last two years... 4th round pick on burris, 6th round picks on two dudes this year (forgot their names as they don't play), and now 5th round pick on this guy.   This is just on CBs and does not include money spent on Revis, Skrine and Clairbone.   

2015 Executive of the Year baby!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I read that.  It is nice.  Do you understand what it means?  There were only 5 players that met their criteria of rookie with 250 snaps.  It is basically saying that he was better than Eli Apple.  Hurray!  It also says that he was 4th in QB rating against , but only 5 met the criteria, so... 

I think he read he was the most talented player in that LSU secondary.  Considering we have the two safeties, maybe?  

for a 5th.....Jets still have a 5th.  It's worth a flier..

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?season=2011#round5

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?season=2012#round5

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-round/dt-by-round-input:5

• Sympathy 1

Well one reason Robinson lost his starting job is because he threw his helmet off against the Cowboys a few weeks ago. Sound familiar. I know a good guy he can room with. But they aren't taking a big chance on him, a 5th rounder and they need help at cornerback. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I generally would be upset with a team trying to rebuild giving up any type of draft capital at all for a 2 headed coin flip but with Mac's success in the draft and the presence of another 5th round pick yay!, I'll just say hopefully he can be something here and this wasn't just more straight stupidity by this franchise...throwing picks around to try and salvage a bull sh*t season. ugh

1 hour ago, maury77 said:

I guess I'll be the outlier and say that I really like this move depending upon what we gave up for him. I really liked Robinson's tape coming out of college and thought he had a lot of talent for a press coverage system (which is what Bowles runs). Robinson started as a rookie last year, which is impressive for a 4th round pick. A new coaching staff came in this year, likely switched up the scheme to something that didn't match Robinson's talents and he struggled badly. He is a good fit for what Bowles likes to do on defense. Additionally, Jamal Adams was an ex teammate at LSU and hopefully Claiborne (another ex LSU CB) can be a good mentor. 

i think this guy was pretty well rated when he was drafted but it's pretty clear his head isn't where it needs to be to play in the nfl.  is bowles the coach who can get through to him?  maybe.  asj is doing pretty well as is kony ealy.  and wilk coming on strong the past two games shows bowles can motivate a slug.  we'll see.  robinson's only downside is his weight.  171 is just not that heavy even for a corner.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I understand that.  You said he's slow.  Then pointed out testing numbers that don't represent speed.  If you are going to criticize the guy, at least criticize correctly.

They test change of direction speed. Didn’t think I needed to clarify

Just now, BigRy56 said:

This fanbase is brutal. It’s a 5th round pick for a 22 year old cornerback who supposedly has pretty good upside 

Cripes there are people bitching about the DL they signed today...Didn't cost a thing but plane ticket.

Skrine is still in concussion protocol, Claiborne is iffy..So they give up a 5th for a 22 y/o guy w/1.5 experience that fits the mold of Bowles CBs that apparently now doesn't fit what the 49ers want to run and it's like the Jets traded away their complete '18 draft

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

This fanbase is brutal. It’s a 5th round pick for a 22 year old cornerback who supposedly has pretty good upside 

They whine and cry that Skrine can't play.

Jets pick up a potential replacement on the cheap making Skrine expendable after the end of the season.

They whine and cry that Macc gave up a 5th rounder.

It's incredible.

• Sympathy 2

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

They test change of direction speed. Didn’t think I needed to clarify

He seems similar to a Cro type CB..Real good straight line speed, may have difficulty w/change of direction...Sounds like he belongs on the outside. 

• Upvote 1