Deshaun Watson tore his ACL in practice

King P

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, jetrider said:

This is precisely why Maccvoyant keeps Hackenberg in bubble wrap and feeds Bowles garbage vet dummies until he learns how to coach.

Meet your 2020 NY Jets starting QB, Christiaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan Hackenberrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg!!!

bubbleboypic.jpg

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

On behalf of my daughter, who will spend nearly a year coming back from a torn ACL, you are a fool.  It's one of the most onerous sports injuries to come back from and some people never get quite right.  Sure, you can walk on it...but you can't PLAY on it without a surgical reconstruction and there is no quick comeback from that.  Doubtful he is playing at the start of 2018.  This kid was flying high and now he'll lose half his rookie year and probably part of his second year.  I can't even imagine this place if this had happened here.

Not knocking your daughter's medical care but I doubt that it's at the same level as what an NFL player receives.

4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Given the owner’s comments, that may be unlikely

I don't think intentionally meant to be racist.  It's just a saying, but lunatics running the asylum works better.  But signing Kaep would be the ultimate PR move to cleanse himself. 

4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Not sure. Bridgewater’s injury was similar and he still hasn’t returned

Bridgewater dislocated his knee cap and suffered other ligament damage. Nothing reported anything but a basic ACL injury. Watson tore his other ACL and came back fine. 

It's like some of you don't watch sports. It's a simple ACL injury. It's an easy fix. All these come back just as good as before. It's only when the knee is totally messed up like with Bridgewater do you have extended absences. 

42 minutes ago, adb280z said:

Not knocking your daughter's medical care but I doubt that it's at the same level as what an NFL player receives.

It's not about the care.  It's that the graft simply needs time to mature and no amount of training, therapy or drugs can accelerate it past a certain limit.  You are grafting a tendon onto bone in place of a ligament.  That attachment (both ends) needs to grow strong enough to withstand the forces that tore the original ligament and human biology has limits.

You can probably return to play 3 months after surgery - most people can be running in a straight line by then - but the risk of re-tearing the graft will be much, much higher.  In fact, the risk to the other leg is also greater.  The recent data I've read suggests that every month under a year an athlete returns to sport increases the risk materially.  So you'll see 10 months, even 9 months sometimes, but rarely less than that, and even then it's riskier.

I'm not a medical expert, but when you, or your kid gets this surgery, you learn a lot quickly.  I'm not trying to turn this into a medical argument, and there are issues with the research I find troubling, but overall, the numbers are pretty clear.  I will be petrified the first few weeks she is back on the court.  

12 minutes ago, nycdan said:

It's not about the care.  It's that the graft simply needs time to mature and no amount of training, therapy or drugs can accelerate it past a certain limit.  You are grafting a tendon onto bone in place of a ligament.  That attachment (both ends) needs to grow strong enough to withstand the forces that tore the original ligament and human biology has limits.

You can probably return to play 3 months after surgery - most people can be running in a straight line by then - but the risk of re-tearing the graft will be much, much higher.  In fact, the risk to the other leg is also greater.  The recent data I've read suggests that every month under a year an athlete returns to sport increases the risk materially.  So you'll see 10 months, even 9 months sometimes, but rarely less than that, and even then it's riskier.

I'm not a medical expert, but when you, or your kid gets this surgery, you learn a lot quickly.  I'm not trying to turn this into a medical argument, and there are issues with the research I find troubling, but overall, the numbers are pretty clear.  I will be petrified the first few weeks she is back on the court.  

Fair enough.  I have two daughters that play sports and it's something I hope never have to deal with.  I know women are more likely to tear their ACLs than men.

4 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Seriously? He tore his ACL. Big deal. I tore my ACL. It hurts for a minute and then you can walk on it immediately after. His injury is no more serious than any jet that gets hurt and no one cares about. 

Everyone in the NFL mocks jets so I'm not going to care if some jets fans have some fun with this. He wasn't paralyzed. He got a booboo. He'll be in a club partying this weekend. 

Rotfl 

I know I have some crazy in me but what is wrong with some people? You’re serious with this nonsense? 

————

Macc-xonerated amirite?!?! Gotta think he knew the whole time. 

12 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Seriously? He tore his ACL. Big deal. I tore my ACL. It hurts for a minute and then you can walk on it immediately after. His injury is no more serious than any jet that gets hurt and no one cares about. 

Everyone in the NFL mocks jets so I'm not going to care if some jets fans have some fun with this. He wasn't paralyzed. He got a booboo. He'll be in a club partying this weekend. 

SOJJ.

Seriously? The guy has been arguing that taking Adams instead of Watson was justifiable when the need for the QB was greater than the need for a safety. Said QB gets hurt and he and other Jet Fans doing the same thing are like "I told ya so." Bush League move.

12 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Look above. All of you sniveling whiners crying about sh*t thats not going to change has gotten pathetic. 

Kid will be fine. Lighten the **** up francis.

Okay Bush League. It still doesn't prove that Adams was the choice over Watson. Just a classless move by a classless guy.

14 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

if this was the guy that said the inmate are running the asylum i dont think its a big deal.  I have heard that phrase many times and used it myself a couple.  all it means is that the employees are running the company instead of management.  I didnt take it as racist or calling anyone felons/criminals. i think the whole situation is just hypersensitized.  <---dont know if that is a real word but i think it describes the situation lol

Despite what you think (and the owner of the texans thinks) its not at all what the statement is supposed to mean.  That is how idiots use it, but its wrong.  It actually refers to incompetent management.

Like I said, I tore my ACL. The "pain" was more fear than actual pain. I have bulging/herniated discs that consistently give me more pain than the torn ACL I suffered. The recovery is tough, but no tougher than the offseason training these guys do every offseason. I honestly can't remember the last time a player tore his ACL and wasn't "right" afterwards. This isn't a career ending injury  and I've already heard that he could be back for week 1 next year. 

I didn't want it to happen, but I honestly don't care about this injury any more or less than a Texans fans would care if one of our players got hurt. I simply don't care. If you want to light a candle and start a vigil for the kid, god bless you, I am more worried about how the Jets play tonight. 

Congrats, you are a tool..

Based on the fact that Jet fans on this site blame Macc for drafting players that got injured, (Devin Smith, Mauldin, Leggett, etc.), the Houston Texans were absolutely STUPID drafting Deshaun Watson! He's damaged goods now, as it was his pocket movement & escapabilty that led to most of his big plays.

Big difference a pocket passer like Brady blows out his knee compared to a scrambler like Watson. This is a huge injury, I don't think Randall Cunningham was the same after tearing up his knee. Their GM should be fired for being an idiot.

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

SOJJ.

Seriously? The guy has been arguing that taking Adams instead of Watson was justifiable when the need for the QB was greater than the need for a safety. Said QB gets hurt and he and other Jet Fans doing the same thing are like "I told ya so." Bush League move.

I know today is tough for you. Adams looked great again last night. Watson got hurt. Just not a good day to be a SOJF so I'll give you a pass..

The reality is that Adams was a great pick. With that said they should have taken Watson. I've said that in other threads. But I'm not a second guesser. We should have traded up for Wentz last year.. Drafted Dak. Drafted Aaron Rodgers. And so on..

But in a draft where we get kids like Adams and Mayes, I'm not going to cry about being one of 20 teams that missed out on Watson (if everyone thought he was that good they all could have traded up)

But continue on with your Adams and jet hating. It's what you do best 

1 hour ago, Butterfield said:

Despite what you think (and the owner of the texans thinks) its not at all what the statement is supposed to mean.  That is how idiots use it, but its wrong.  It actually refers to incompetent management.

thats what i said.  management losing control = some level of incompetence. not sure why you are so mad you have to call people idiots.

8 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

thats what i said.  management losing control = some level of incompetence. not sure why you are so mad you have to call people idiots.

This is what you said "all it means is that the employees are running the company instead of management."

That is not what the statement means.  It also doesn't mean management losing control.  

And, I don't have to be mad to call someone an idiot.  I just have to see an idiot.

13 minutes ago, Butterfield said:

This is what you said "all it means is that the employees are running the company instead of management."

That is not what the statement means.  It also doesn't mean management losing control.  

And, I don't have to be mad to call someone an idiot.  I just have to see an idiot.

management losing control does imply a level of incompetence. if i wanted to write a few paragraphs to articulate my thoughts you may have understood the message that i was conveying.  I just dont care enough to do that but I do think that most posters understood the main point of what i was saying, that it is not a racist phrase.

umadbro

1 minute ago, whodeawhodat said:

management losing control does imply a level of incompetence. if i wanted to write a few paragraphs to articulate my thoughts you may have understood the message that i was conveying.  I just dont care enough to do that but I do think that most posters understood the main point of what i was saying, that it is not a racist phrase.

umadbro

Lol, no one is mad.  Stop thinking people are angry just because they correct your mistakes.  Look up the etymology of the phrase.  You still don't know what the statement means.  

Just now, Butterfield said:

Lol, no one is mad.  Stop thinking people are angry just because they correct your mistakes.  Look up the etymology of the phrase.  You still don't know what the statement means.  

^^^vexxed

the inmates are running the asylum

The people least capable of running a group or organization are now in charge. Said especially when the result is total chaos or calamity.

^^^which is what i said

you assuming that im an idiot because in your opinion, I used the term wrong, makes you look like the idiot.  if you think you see an idiot maybe you have a mirror close by? 

Awful news for Watson and it brings to light again the question: How can the NFL be sustainable?  The nature of the sport puts their best players constantly at risk of season ending injury.  Add to that the CTE issue.

The NFL is living in the bubble of the mega TV deal propped on the fiction of Neilsen ratings.  With so many consumers getting unplugged, it's going to be interesting what happens with the next TV package negotiations.

I know today is tough for you. Adams looked great again last night. Watson got hurt. Just not a good day to be a SOJF so I'll give you a pass..

The reality is that Adams was a great pick. With that said they should have taken Watson. I've said that in other threads. But I'm not a second guesser. We should have traded up for Wentz last year.. Drafted Dak. Drafted Aaron Rodgers. And so on..

But in a draft where we get kids like Adams and Mayes, I'm not going to cry about being one of 20 teams that missed out on Watson (if everyone thought he was that good they all could have traded up)

But continue on with your Adams and jet hating. It's what you do best 

Once again SAME OLD JJ. I never said I hated Adams. On the contrary I have even said I could see why they took him when he fell. When a QB needy team passes on its #1 need and rolls the dice on next season's draft because its supposed to be a draft for the ages when it comes to QB's bothers me. Especially now that the Jets will most likely be picking in a spot where those "can't miss" QB's are out of reach. Macc didn't pick a QB in 2017's draft because he thought he would be in a position to pick one of the so-called can't miss guys coming out in 2018. What kind of strategy is that? And your defending it. SAME OLD JJ.

12 hours ago, whodeawhodat said:

^^^vexxed

the inmates are running the asylum

The people least capable of running a group or organization are now in charge. Said especially when the result is total chaos or calamity.

^^^which is what i said

you assuming that im an idiot because in your opinion, I used the term wrong, makes you look like the idiot.  if you think you see an idiot maybe you have a mirror close by? 

Thats not what you said.  After trying to look it up, you still dont have it right, lol. What a ding dong.

On 11/2/2017 at 7:25 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Like I said, I tore my ACL. The "pain" was more fear than actual pain. I have bulging/herniated discs that consistently give me more pain than the torn ACL I suffered. The recovery is tough, but no tougher than the offseason training these guys do every offseason. I honestly can't remember the last time a player tore his ACL and wasn't "right" afterwards. This isn't a career ending injury  and I've already heard that he could be back for week 1 next year. 

I didn't want it to happen, but I honestly don't care about this injury any more or less than a Texans fans would care if one of our players got hurt. I simply don't care. If you want to light a candle and start a vigil for the kid, god bless you, I am more worried about how the Jets play tonight. 

image.php?encI=X55g%3ADDiii.%2FWBs.JvVDJ

9 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

Once again SAME OLD JJ. I never said I hated Adams. On the contrary I have even said I could see why they took him when he fell. When a QB needy team passes on its #1 need and rolls the dice on next season's draft because its supposed to be a draft for the ages when it comes to QB's bothers me. Especially now that the Jets will most likely be picking in a spot where those "can't miss" QB's are out of reach. Macc didn't pick a QB in 2017's draft because he thought he would be in a position to pick one of the so-called can't miss guys coming out in 2018. What kind of strategy is that? And your defending it. SAME OLD JJ.

It doesn’t look like there are any ‘can’t miss’ QB’s next year(much like this year) So this might actually be the year to get your shiny new passer with a pick in the 8-18 range. It’ll be fine

Archived