Deshaun Watson tore his ACL in practice

King P

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Doggin94it said:

Crazy that the two guys everyone was killing the Jets for passing on (with some merit) in rounds 1 and 2 both blew out their knee this season.

I am going to join the bandwagon and blame Mac for this.  He MUST of had a hand in it!!!

20 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

As a jets fan, if this means that I can finally stop hearing about how the Jets screwed up again by passing on him... whatever. 

No one cares when a random jet gets hurt I'm not going to shed tears over Watson. 

Pretty much this..  Ive had to read dozens of posts where people indirectly hope for McCown to get injured so I'm having trouble caring about a guy not even on our team.  He'll be fine next year.

Well Jamal Adams just had a big weight, in terms of fans reaction to him, lifted. DeShaun Watson’s great potential has now been replaced by one big question mark. Not to mention we will now never know if the NFL would have adjusted to him and his play would decrease

And given Pat Mahomes is still on the bench for the Chiefs, the number of franchise QBs that Macc has officially realistically missed out on in 3 drafts is one (Dak Prescott)

still doesn’t make the Hackenberg pick a good one though 

17 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Well Jamal Adams just had a big weight, in terms of fans reaction to him, lifted. DeShaun Watson’s great potential has now been replaced by one big question mark. Not to mention we will now never know if the NFL would have adjusted to him and his play would decrease

And given Pat Mahomes is still on the bench for the Chiefs, the number of franchise QBs that Macc has officially realistically missed out on in 3 drafts is one (Dak Prescott)

still doesn’t make the Hackenberg pick a good one though 

Deshaun Watson TDs: 21

Jamal Adams Tackles, Sacks, INTs combined: 32

1 minute ago, detectivekimble said:

Yeah, because it's a guarantee that he would have torn his ACL in a practice with the Jets. 

That is true but two things.

1. Sounds like something that would have happened to the Jets doesn't it?

2. NOw that Watson is out, we will never know if the first 7 games was a mirage and the NFL would have adjusted or if he was the greatest thing since sliced bread

13 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Wow. You have to be kidding. Talking smack because the kid got injured. Some guys just have no class.

Seriously? He tore his ACL. Big deal. I tore my ACL. It hurts for a minute and then you can walk on it immediately after. His injury is no more serious than any jet that gets hurt and no one cares about. 

Everyone in the NFL mocks jets so I'm not going to care if some jets fans have some fun with this. He wasn't paralyzed. He got a booboo. He'll be in a club partying this weekend. 

On 11/2/2017 at 7:02 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Seriously? He tore his ACL. Big deal. I tore my ACL. It hurts for a minute and then you can walk on it immediately after. His injury is no more serious than any jet that gets hurt and no one cares about. 

Everyone in the NFL mocks jets so I'm not going to care if some jets fans have some fun with this. He wasn't paralyzed. He got a booboo. He'll be in a club partying this weekend. 

Ummmmm you aren't serious with this insensitive post are you?????

If you are... then....

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow... | YOU MIGHT BE A SCROOGE IF... YOU HOPE FOR SNOW ON CHRISTMAS DAY SO KIDS CAN'T GO OUT ON THEIR NEW BIKES... | image tagged in you might be a scrooge if,memes,jeff foxworthy,scrooge,christmas | made w/ Imgflip meme maker

So I SAY TO YOU SIR......... GOOD DAY!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

On behalf of my daughter, who will spend nearly a year coming back from a torn ACL, you are a fool.  It's one of the most onerous sports injuries to come back from and some people never get quite right.  Sure, you can walk on it...but you can't PLAY on it without a surgical reconstruction and there is no quick comeback from that.  Doubtful he is playing at the start of 2018.  This kid was flying high and now he'll lose half his rookie year and probably part of his second year.  I can't even imagine this place if this had happened here.

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

On behalf of my daughter, who will spend nearly a year coming back from a torn ACL, you are a fool.  It's one of the most onerous sports injuries to come back from and some people never get quite right.  Sure, you can walk on it...but you can't PLAY on it without a surgical reconstruction and there is no quick comeback from that.  Doubtful he is playing at the start of 2018.  This kid was flying high and now he'll lose half his rookie year and probably part of his second year.  I can't even imagine this place if this had happened here.

Like I said, I tore my ACL. The "pain" was more fear than actual pain. I have bulging/herniated discs that consistently give me more pain than the torn ACL I suffered. The recovery is tough, but no tougher than the offseason training these guys do every offseason. I honestly can't remember the last time a player tore his ACL and wasn't "right" afterwards. This isn't a career ending injury  and I've already heard that he could be back for week 1 next year. 

I didn't want it to happen, but I honestly don't care about this injury any more or less than a Texans fans would care if one of our players got hurt. I simply don't care. If you want to light a candle and start a vigil for the kid, god bless you, I am more worried about how the Jets play tonight. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Absolutely horrible.  And frankly, not as funny as some folks in this thread seem to want to make it.  

It really is. Its just the worst thing Ive seen on the news this week....

LOL. Context. He'll be just fine next year while you're still living paycheck to paycheck.

52 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Wow. You have to be kidding. Talking smack because the kid got injured. Some guys just have no class.

Look above. All of you sniveling whiners crying about sh*t thats not going to change has gotten pathetic. 

Kid will be fine. Lighten the **** up francis.

16 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Like I said, I tore my ACL. The "pain" was more fear than actual pain. I have bulging/herniated discs that consistently give me more pain than the torn ACL I suffered. The recovery is tough, but no tougher than the offseason training these guys do every offseason. I honestly can't remember the last time a player tore his ACL and wasn't "right" afterwards. This isn't a career ending injury  and I've already heard that he could be back for week 1 next year. 

I didn't want it to happen, but I honestly don't care about this injury any more or less than a Texans fans would care if one of our players got hurt. I simply don't care. If you want to light a candle and start a vigil for the kid, god bless you, I am more worried about how the Jets play tonight. 

He could be back week 1, but he probably shouldn't be.  Adrian Peterson aside, the research suggests that the graft takes at least 12 months to mature and returning before that increases the risk of a re-tear.  He might get back and be fine, or he might go down again and definitely never be the same.

Nobody should tell you how to feel about it, but there's nothing wrong with feeling bad for a good kid who had an unfortunate injury if you're a fan of the game.  Maybe I'm a little more sensitive to the type of injury since I'm living through it with my kid's disappointment.  But Watson was exciting, and one of the few bright spots in an otherwise dismal season for the entire league (with Rodgers and JJ Watt already both out).  

Houston fans will be fine.  They have a World Series to celebrate.  I feel bad for the kid.

39 minutes ago, nycdan said:

He could be back week 1, but he probably shouldn't be.  Adrian Peterson aside, the research suggests that the graft takes at least 12 months to mature and returning before that increases the risk of a re-tear.  He might get back and be fine, or he might go down again and definitely never be the same.

Nobody should tell you how to feel about it, but there's nothing wrong with feeling bad for a good kid who had an unfortunate injury if you're a fan of the game.  Maybe I'm a little more sensitive to the type of injury since I'm living through it with my kid's disappointment.  But Watson was exciting, and one of the few bright spots in an otherwise dismal season for the entire league (with Rodgers and JJ Watt already both out).  

Houston fans will be fine.  They have a World Series to celebrate.  I feel bad for the kid.

Popping ACL's is fun man. These people are idiots.

2 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

First Dalvin Cook and Now Watson - the two players I wanted the Jets to draft this year.  The Jets curse extends beyond the Meadowlands apparently.  Or maybe it's just me.  

haha - I think I'd still rather those 2 vs. Maye/Adams.  Knees aren't as devastating as they used to be to a career.  Teddy Bridgewater is apparently making a full recovery and homeboy's leg basically exploded.

Archived