Why Can't This Be A Miracle Season?

PCP63

I think we can make the playoffs. Draft position be damned. Everyone doubted us so greatly. Let's have our young guys step up, and do the unthinkable.

These past few weeks have been the Revenge of the Refs, but let's make the rest of the season the Return of the Je(ts)di .

College QBs are NEVER a guarantee. But making the playoffs when slated to go 0-16 changes the culture. It would be the start of something great, for once.

I was as pro-tank as anyone but I’m starting to think we might actually be good enough to squeak into the playoffs.  We only were outclassed once this year.  We could’ve beaten the pats and falcons, who were both in the super bowl last year. Plus who knows which qbs will go down between now and post season.  I can’t help but root for us at this point  

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I was as pro-tank as anyone but I’m starting to think we might actually be good enough to squeak into the playoffs.  We only were outclassed once this year.  We could’ve beaten the pats and falcons, who were both in the super bowl last year. Plus who knows which qbs will go down between now and post season. 

If it wasn't for terrible calls, and one bad throw, we'd be heading to 7-2.

This is amazing. I truly was out of it this year. No playoffs, but what a fun little ride. I literally thought 1-15 with zero hope. This is a scrappy little squad. Maybe 6-7 wins? If I had to pick now I might actually say 7, which I would have said was impossible before season started.

21 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

This is amazing. I truly was out of it this year. No playoffs, but what a fun little ride. I literally thought 1-15 with zero hope. This is a scrappy little squad. Maybe 6-7 wins? If I had to pick now I might actually say 7, which I would have said was impossible before season started.

Why not 10?

No, they truly do not have the talent and if they suck enough there is a shot at setting up a miracle 2018 run. People who want to win this year really are underselling how quickly this franchise’s long term can turn for the better if they just suck it up and lose in 2017. They don’t even have to play like sh*t all the time to do it, lots of close losses work fine. 

21 minutes ago, Cornfed said:

This is a great game, and I am loving it. Don't want to be negative.

But they'd have to go 6-1 for 10 wins. You think that's possible? I do not.

Again - AMAZING week. Awesome game!! The chant is back!!!!!!

Just not 10 this year.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/schedule/season-schedule.html

Why can't they go 6-1? They should be 7-2 right now.

Likely? No. But still possible. All it takes is confidence.

59 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

I think we can make the playoffs. Draft position be damned. Everyone doubted us so greatly. Let's have our young guys step up, and do the unthinkable.

These past few weeks have been the Revenge of the Refs, but let's make the rest of the season the Return of the Je(ts)di .

College QBs are NEVER a guarantee. But making the playoffs when slated to go 0-16 changes the culture. It would be the start of something great, for once.

How about we win tonight first?

1 hour ago, PCP63 said:

I agree. We shouldn't waste time on a gambles like college QBs.

I truly believe that this could be the start of a great career by Josh McCown.

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I agree. We shouldn't waste time on a gambles like college QBs.

I truly believe that this could be the start of a great career by Josh McCown.

this "joke" is getting old.

between Bowles effusive praise and SNY's raving about McCown maybe it's time for you guys to just accept the fact that Petty ain't playin unless there's a injury.  Period.

Lets see what happens in the offseason.

1 hour ago, Cornfed said:

You gotta keep Bowles, though, right? He's really gotten more out of this roster than could have been reasonably expected. Love it!

*Gets flashback of 2013 when Rex overachieved with a sh*tty roster and won an additional year*

PlushQuestionableAlpineroadguidetigerbee

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

this "joke" is getting old.

between Bowles effusive praise and SNY's raving about McCown maybe it's time for you guys to just accept the fact that Petty ain't playin unless there's a injury.  Period.

Lets see what happens in the offseason.

I'm gonna tell you what'll happen ...

we resign 39 y.o. McCown, draft another QB who Bowles will plant his ass on the bench...because, best chance to win yo.

The NYJ are great at treading water...yay 7-9!!

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

No, they truly do not have the talent and if they suck enough there is a shot at setting up a miracle 2018 run. People who want to win this year really are underselling how quickly this franchise’s long term can turn for the better if they just suck it up and lose in 2017. They don’t even have to play like sh*t all the time to do it, lots of close losses work fine. 

The silver-lining is that if we fall down the draft order far enough, we might be in prime position to draft Josh Allen.

1 minute ago, greenwave81 said:

I'm gonna tell you what'll happen ...

we resign 39 y.o. McCown, draft another QB who Bowles will plant his ass on the bench...because, best chance to win yo.

The NYJ are great at treading water...yay 7-9!!

I'll clue you in on reality.

Jets will draft or sign their starter in FA.  If they draft a QB in 1st round then they resign McCown to serve as quality backup and sensational mentor.  If they sign their starter in FA they'll probably let him go. 

10 minutes ago, Pac said:

Yeah, we kinda know that. That's why we're so pissed.

I am finding irony in the game next week for a few reasons.

1) I think next week is the first game this season the Jets could actually be the favorite.

2) Jameis' shoulder is a real concern down here in Southwest Florida.  If he struggles in Nawlins', the Bucs might shut him down in a lost season.

3) That would leave Ryan friggin' Fitzpatrick with an opportunity to effectively end the Jets season.

10 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

1) I think next week is the first game this season the Jets could actually be the favorite.

2) Jameis' shoulder is a real concern down here in Southwest Florida.  If he struggles in Nawlins', the Bucs might shut him down in a lost season.

3) That would leave Ryan friggin' Fitzpatrick with an opportunity to effectively end the Jets season.

Please, God, let Ryan Fitzpatrick play against us. This place will be hilarious in real-time.

Just saw this post after I made a thread about it. Didn't mean to steal your thunder homie.

Sent from my iPad using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived