That was FUN, Jets win \ Fireman Ed returns.

Maxman

That game was fun. Lots of Bills fans all pissed off. Fireman Ed shows up and rocks the house. The chant is so much louder when he does it. Rob and Scott do an amazing job, I like both of those guys --- die-hard Jets fans --- but there is only one Fireman Ed.

The defensive front 7 is starting to come together a bit. Wilkerson is showing signs of life. Lee is showing signs of maturity and Jenkins was very impressive. They still need CB help but the D did a great job against Taylor.

The offense got the job done. As scary as this statement is, they have to keep playing McCown. Not because they will sweep the table, but because he is playing well. Especially when he avoids 1) Interceptions and 2) He stops melting down when the pocket collapses.

Great game for all the coaches and front office. Total team effort today.

1 minute ago, GATA said:

Yes! It was magnificent 

Lots of unhappy fans driving home to Buffalo tonight \ tomorrow.

This win makes the trip to Tampa so much better. A chance to get to .500. That is crazy that this team can get to 5 and 5. They are playing hard, really enjoying watching these guys.

7 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Lots of unhappy fans driving home to Buffalo tonight \ tomorrow.

This win makes the trip to Tampa so much better. A chance to get to .500. That is crazy that this team can get to 5 and 5. They are playing hard, really enjoying watching these guys.

I high fived like 10 bills fans before the beginning of the 4th qt. They were trolling hard during the first half I needed to send a message . 

But I concur there is a hungriness in them our D just happens to dismantle after the 4th. 

Was best home game of the season by far!  McCown.needs a lead, and a running game. Crazy this game had the most Jet fan to opposing fan ratio, I guess us Jet fans love a night game.  Combayaa, and blah, blah, blah, but all in all a great night.  Long term still not super stoked until the QB position is better then a 38 year old QB coach.

Just now, GATA said:

I high fived like 10 bills fans before the begging of the 4th qt. They were trolling hard during the first half I needed to send a message . 

But I concur there is a hungriness in them our D just happens to dismantle after the 4th. 

I try not to touch opposing fans. I have people that do that for me lol.

Lots of Bills fans in the section over from me starting crap. Then Jets fans keep taking a Bills fan hat and throwing it. Did it to the guy like 3 times. For me the win on the field is enough. But it was nice seeing them leave when they were pissed off haha.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Was best home game of the season by far!  McCown.needs a lead, and a running game. Crazy this game had the most Jet fan to opposing fan ratio, I guess us Jet fans love a night game.  Combayaa, and blah, blah, blah, but all in all a great night.  Long term still not super stoked until the QB position is better then a 38 year old QB coach.

Yeah it is about as excited as you can be with a 38 year old QB. But what gets me pumped is maybe they can get free agency right and do some damage with Cousins next year!

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

I try not to touch opposing fans. I have people that do that for me lol.

Lots of Bills fans in the section over from me starting crap. Then Jets fans keep taking a Bills fan hat and throwing it. Did it to the guy like 3 times. For me the win on the field is enough. But it was nice seeing them leave when they were pissed off haha.

I did it playing around though not trying to be a d*ck. 

I was in 129 and I saw a ton of commotion up my section and 1 over as well. It's the rivalry. 

Just now, GATA said:

I did it playing around though not trying to be a d*ck. 

I was in 129 and I saw a ton of commotion up my section and 1 over as well. It's the rivalry. 

I mean the win is enough for the hat stealing \ throwing guy, not you. High fiving smack talkers is awesome!

Bills fans are crazy though. I am just glad they didn't jump through any tables at my tailgate and that the Jets got up early and told the Bills fans to simmer down now.

2 minutes ago, GATA said:

I high fived like 10 bills fans before the beginning of the 4th qt. They were trolling hard during the first half I needed to send a message . 

I sat down in MY seats 10 minutes before kickoff to find a Bills fan occupying the seat directly to my right, immediately said listen bud cheer, root, have a good time, want to discuss the game NP, even a playful jab, or 2 NP, BUT if I hear one antagonistic remark come my way it's the last thing you will say for the night guarantee it!  He more then complied, we had a good time, and a few discussions about the game.  So game ends, we leave he goes one way I go the other, get to the top of the stairs, and see his Bills Jersey from behind for the first time, and it was a #7 Kaepernick Jersey, my buddy asks me Kaepernick was on the Bills?  I replied NO, dude likes to cause controversy I'd guess, and thankfully I put that fire out before kickoff.

3 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I sat down in MY seats 10 minutes before kickoff to find a Bills fan occupying the seat directly to my right, immediately said listen bud cheer, root, have a good time, want to discuss the game NP, even a playful jab, or 2 NP, BUT if I hear one antagonistic remark come my way it's the last thing you will say for the night guarantee it! 

You sure told him.

Great night! The stadium was rocking.  Pleanty of Bills fans there, loved seeing them leave when the game was out of reach.  Darron Lee starting play like the 1st rounder we expected.  Mo Wilkerson playing his best ball since 2015. McCown did a beautiful job managing the offense. All in all a great night, now lets get to 5-5 for the bye!

5 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

I sat down in MY seats 10 minutes before kickoff to find a Bills fan occupying the seat directly to my right, immediately said listen bud cheer, root, have a good time, want to discuss the game NP, even a playful jab, or 2 NP, BUT if I hear one antagonistic remark come my way it's the last thing you will say for the night guarantee it!  He more then complied, we had a good time, and a few discussions about the game.  So game ends, we leave he goes one way I go the other, get to the top of the stairs, and see his Bills Jersey from behind for the first time, and it was a #7 Kaepernick Jersey, my buddy asks me Kaepernick was on the Bills?  I replied NO, dude likes to cause controversy I'd guess, and thankfully I put that fire out before kickoff.

Wow you are like the toughest.

6 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Controversial AF!

6 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Lol that was great ...

Besides obviously the QB position, CB and OL need to be our biggest priorities heading into the off season. We should be looking to resign Claiborne and then find someone to put on the other side of the field across from. Roberts, Burris are good depth players but neither one looks like an every week starter IMO. Roberts played really well last night though.

This team has some real good building blocks on the defensive side of the football. Wilkerson, Williams, Ealy, Davis, Lee, Maye, Adams, Claiborne are real quality players. Even guys like Jordan Jenkins, Josh Martin, and Baas are developing.

I really like what Maac and Bowles are building.

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

That game was fun. Lots of Bills fans all pissed off. Fireman Ed shows up and rocks the house. The chant is so much louder when he does it. Rob and Scott do an amazing job, I like both of those guys --- die-hard Jets fans --- but there is only one Fireman Ed.

The defensive front 7 is starting to come together a bit. Wilkerson is showing signs of life. Lee is showing signs of maturity and Jenkins was very impressive. They still need CB help but the D did a great job against Taylor.

The offense got the job done. As scary as this statement is, they have to keep playing McCown. Not because they will sweep the table, but because he is playing well. Especially when he avoids 1) Interceptions and 2) He stops melting down when the pocket collapses.

tenor.gif

3 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Besides obviously the QB position, CB and OL need to be our biggest priorities heading into the off season. We should be looking to resign Claiborne and then find someone to put on the other side of the field across from. Roberts, Burris are good depth players but neither one looks like an every week starter IMO. Roberts played really well last night though.

This team has some real good building blocks on the defensive side of the football. Wilkerson, Williams, Ealy, Davis, Lee, Maye, Adams, Claiborne are real quality players. Even guys like Jordan Jenkins, Josh Martin, and Baas are developing.

Add a number 1 WR to that list

By far the Jets best effort of the season.  As much as Ive been rooting for them to not win games, this was fun to watch. The team is playing with chips on their shoulders and are out to prove all the critics and naysayers (including myself) wrong, and they've been doing just that all season.  I'll stop short of saying the team has "arrived," but there are good signs all over the place. If Mac can deliver a legit QB via the draft or free agency next year, I'll be a happy camper!

Anyone know the deal behind why Fireman Ed came back?  And is he back permanently?

Generally I can't stand it when 1 fan tries to be "the fan" of a team but I have to say he does do a good job w/ the chant.  If he's back, I just hope he doesn't try to do interviews on WFAN and that type of stuff.  I guess it would be fine if he acts like an anonymous Jet fan outside of the games themselves.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Anyone know the deal behind why Fireman Ed came back?  And is he back permanently?

Generally I can't stand it when 1 fan tries to be "the fan" of a team but I have to say he does do a good job w/ the chant.  If he's back, I just hope he doesn't try to do interviews on WFAN and that type of stuff.  I guess it would be fine if he acts like an anonymous Jet fan outside of the games themselves.

Welcome back Fireman Ed, who cares what he does it really doesn't effect you or me he gets the crowd going and players like it. 

9 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

Nice shout out for Roberts, I think he’s a keeper

18 hours ago, Maxman said:

And it was on National (and for that matter, global)TV...how many times down the years have we been embarrassed in those nationally televised games?

last night was a joy

Archived