Bowles and Macc have earned their extensions

Phillyjet

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Pac said:

Do you want my Paypal address for that $50 you owe me now or later?

$50 for a short-term win will be worth celebrating for sure.  Make sure you get VenMo because I hate PayPal.  

But you have yet to make a cogent argument as to how this team is going to be anything but sh*tty in 2019. 

The plans you've laid out are dogsh*t.   Something something Kirk Cousins something something draft a QB in the 2nd round and hope.  

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Isnt that a red flag?

He lost a power struggle to Andy Reid so no I dont't consider it a red flag. Dorsey has been very successful in KC and before that was an executive in Green Bay. I will take my chances with him over Maccagnan every day of the week.

4 minutes ago, Pennington said:

He lost a power struggle to Andy Reid so no I dont't consider it a red flag. Dorsey has been very successful in KC and before that was an executive in Green Bay. I will take my chances with him over Maccagnan every day of the week.

So why isnt he working right now? What is he doing?

If we had to make a direct hiring choice at the time, sure I would take him over MAcc.

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

$50 for a short-term win will be worth celebrating for sure.  Make sure you get VenMo because I hate PayPal.  

But you have yet to make a cogent argument as to how this team is going to be anything but sh*tty in 2019. 

The plans you've laid out are dogsh*t.   Something something Kirk Cousins something something draft a QB in the 2nd round and hope.  

Venmo is actually owned by Paypal but whatever makes you happy.

The team isn't sh*tty now so why would they be next year?  I've never said Kirk Cousins specifically.

My preference is drafting a QB with the first pick (trading up if necessary), resigning McCown, cutting Petty, and giving Hack one more chance to be a part of the long term plans.

The FA money should be used on bolstering the OL and getting a couple more weaponz..  Time for Forte to say goodbye.

Macc has "missed" on 1 1/2 QB's in 3 years.  Dak Prescott (who everyone missed on), and maybe Watson even though the jury was still out on him.

I trust he'll make the correct QB decision going forward and reject this silly idea that he plans on extending McCown until he's 42 and building around him.  It was a mildly funny joke the 1st time it was said but now, after the 50,000 time, it's just lame.

19 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

If we had to make a direct hiring choice at the time, sure I would take him over MAcc.

He got fired right before the season when there are no jobs available. Fact is Dorsey has shown himself to be one of the best talent evaluators in the business. We should hire him and let him decide if he wants to keep the current GM and coach.

Just now, Pac said:

Macc has "missed" on 1 1/2 QB's in 3 years.  Dak Prescott (who everyone missed on), and maybe Watson even though the jury was still out on him.

Hackenberg is not a "miss"?  

Had Macc taken Paxton Lynch instead of Darron Lee, I would not have been upset that this was a "miss".  At least he'd be taking a chance at a guy with legitimate upside.  

It would also not have been the kind of shots that Petty (who Macc himself said "could be a good backup" in the NFL shortly after taking him) and Hackenberg (5th round prospect taken in the 2nd) represent:  Gutless picks.  

Macc needs to display some balls when it comes to the QB position, something no GM under Woody Johnson has ever seemed to demonstrate at the QB position since Parcells left.  Instead, he's just been "kicking the can" down the street and hoping for a miracle.   

23 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He was fired late, after the draft.  After he picked Mahomes and Kareem Hunt.  

Rosen and Darnold must be watching this very closely.  I would think that if there is a chance to get picked by the Giants, they may want that.  The Browns extended ancient Joe Thomas.  49ers trading for Jimmy G not a positive for them, as is the Colts tanking.  When do they need to declare by?

36 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Had Macc taken Paxton Lynch instead of Darron Lee, I would not have been upset that this was a "miss".  At least he'd be taking a chance at a guy with legitimate upside.  

You would rather take a QB and miss rather than a player, that has played well of late, in another position 

That shows how whacked up the NFL is

43 minutes ago, Pennington said:

He got fired right before the season when there are no jobs available. Fact is Dorsey has shown himself to be one of the best talent evaluators in the business. We should hire him and let him decide if he wants to keep the current GM and coach.

And create another person that reports to Woody/Chris. No either make him GM or don’t touch him

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And create another person that reports to Woody/Chris. No either make him GM or don’t touch him

I would name him team president or whatever title he wants. Dorsey would have final say on all personnel decisions and it would be up to him whether or not he wants to keep Maccagnan on in a lesser role or Bowles as coach.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It would also not have been the kind of shots that Petty (who Macc himself said "could be a good backup" in the NFL shortly after taking him) and Hackenberg (5th round prospect taken in the 2nd) represent:  Gutless picks.  

Macc needs to display some balls when it comes to the QB position, something no GM under Woody Johnson has ever seemed to demonstrate at the QB position since Parcells left.  Instead, he's just been "kicking the can" down the street and hoping for a miracle.   

Hack instead of Dak was the miss.  

Being upset about Hack but claiming you wouldn't have been upset about Lynch is absurd.  

I've posted it twice now but no QB's who the Jets could have actually drafted have done anything besides Dak and Watson.  

If that's enough evidence for you to conclude that he's incapable of finding a QB then so be it.  I choose to be a little more realistic.

15 minutes ago, Pac said:

Hack instead of Dak was the miss.  

Being upset about Hack but claiming you wouldn't have been upset about Lynch is absurd.  

I've posted it twice now but no QB's who the Jets could have actually drafted have done anything besides Dak and Watson.  

If that's enough evidence for you to conclude that he's incapable of finding a QB then so be it.  I choose to be a little more realistic.

The rationale for the 2 picks were completely different when they were made.

Hackenberg was always a complete long-shot to succeed in the NFL.  When I say he was a 5th round prospect taken in the 2nd, that's not just me saying it.  For reasons known only to Macc, he felt we needed to not only take an extreme gamble on Hack, but reach at least 1-2 rounds to do so.  Just because we took him in the 2nd round did not make him a top prospect.  He never was a top prospect.  The only time anyone ever considered him one was after his freshman season.  2 years later, his stock had completely plummeted.  

Paxton Lynch was a big-armed prospect who a lot of teams were interested in, and everyone expected to go in the 1st-2nd round from the start.  Huge difference.  Just as I wasn't pissed when we took Geno Smith, I wouldn't have been pissed at taking Lynch, even in hindsight.  That's a WORTHY gamble, because at least we were going after a legitimate PROSPECT who had a shot at working out.  

Hackenberg, however, was a stupid pick then, now, and forever.  It made no sense at the time, in hindsight, or based on his relative value to the rest of the 31 teams.

Bill O'Brien, who coached Christian Hackenberg, had no interest in him, and took DeShaun Watson as his QB.  Yet the next round, here we were reaching on the kid.  

Given this disaster of a failure of a pick, it should be no wonder that I believe Mike Maccagnan has no ability to find us a franchise QB.  A GM of a pro football team should not be making as heinous a mistake as that.  

Archived