Nothing on the tiny backer?

k-met57

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was critical of Lee but as of late this kid has really stepped it up in a big way hes making a lot of plays and causing a lot of disruption in the back field his coverage is tight as well. I even saw him shed a guard last night and make a play in the back field. Hes playing much faster and its probably due to him becoming more comfortable in the scheme and buying into it. 

Wait a second....are you telling me that some of these young Jets are getting better with more experience? Blasphemy! Unless they are All Pro in their 1st 5 NFL games Jet fans want nothing to do with these busts. 

10 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

I was critical of Lee but as of late this kid has really stepped it up in a big way hes making a lot of plays and causing a lot of disruption in the back field his coverage is tight as well. I even saw him shed a guard last night and make a play in the back field. Hes playing much faster and its probably due to him becoming more comfortable in the scheme and buying into it. 

The interesting thing about the play where he shed the guard is that he didnt take a false step first, which allowed him to basically slide off the block and make the play.  Had he taken the same false step, which has been his biggest issue as a player, it would have given the guard a split second to get a full block on him and he would have been driven out of the play.

Lee turned 23 in October, he is extremely young and playing a difficult position.  Anyone who ripped him for being a bust was making their decision way to soon.  He can very much become an impact player on this defense.

Darron Lee is coming around and actually making plays at the LOS.  4 weeks ago he still looked like a lost puppy anytime he had to think and not just go straight downhill.  They also aren't asking him to cover nearly as much which I think helps his game.  Huge difference in this game than week 1.

I'm scared to say it but he might have found his game here over the last few weeks.  I've noticed it.  I played him my IDP league! ;-)

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

I also think the addition of DeMario Davis has helped him. What a great trade that turned out to be.

The trade was incredible when you figure that Pryor is almost out of the league and we also saved $4 million.

Demario is the classic case of a guy playing out of position and now being in the right situation.  When he was next to Harris, he was being asked to be the "Cover LB", while Harris was the slower run stuffer - that is NOT playing to what Demario does well.  Now, that he is the run stuffer ILB, with an actual fast player next to him, his lack of coverage ability is more difficult to exploit, and he can play downhill, between the tackles.

Hes also an excellent locker room guy and someone Mac should be locking up long term.

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

The trade was incredible when you figure that Pryor is almost out of the league and we also saved $4 million.

Demario is the classic case of a guy playing out of position and now being in the right situation.  When he was next to Harris, he was being asked to be the "Cover LB", while Harris was the slower run stuffer - that is NOT playing to what Demario does well.  Now, that he is the run stuffer ILB, with an actual fast player next to him, his lack of coverage ability is more difficult to exploit, and he can play downhill, between the tackles.

Hes also an excellent locker room guy and someone Mac should be locking up long term.

With the amount of cap space, I think a lot of players will be brought back

I love backpatting threads.

I was never an over the top critic of shorty mcmidgetpants, and it's nice that he finally is playing some productive, nay, above average football.

Doesn't make him worth his draft position as yet, but it's nice trend of improvement we should all applaud.

Another year of development and he might finally validate his pick.  Which is good for us.  I don't want to have to draft a LB with a #1 pick.

1 hour ago, KRL said:

That won't happen, the critics always hide when there's success by a player they've trolled

Exactly. Lee's been making plays consistently the last few weeks.. He's not a perfect player but he's a legit NFL playmaker. 

Either way, the sojf contingent are noticeably silent...

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I love backpatting threads.

I was never an over the top critic of shorty mcmidgetpants, and it's nice that he finally is playing some productive, nay, above average football.

Doesn't make him worth his draft position as yet, but it's nice trend of improvement we should all applaud.

Another year of development and he might finally validate his pick.  Which is good for us.  I don't want to have to draft a LB with a #1 pick.

He wasn't a high first round pick. If he plays like this for the next few years it was a good pick and I'm sure there will be guys taken right before and after him that have worse NFL careers. Look at what Josh doctson, laquon Treadwell and every SOJF's favorite Paxton Lynch are doing. These are some of the players jets fans wanted... Lee has turned into a fine pick and hopefully the pick eventually turns out to be a great one.

That why it's stupid to overreact to a player based on his first few games, especially a kid who is still only 23.

Darron Lee has progressed all the way up to looking like an average ILB in the NFL and will never be worthy of his draft slot and won’t be worth giving a second contract to that’s not at average ILB numbers. You halfwits stroking your nuts over his progress are benefitting from lowered expectations and short memories. 

The whole key to a guy like Lee is for the Dline to keep him clean, when the Dline plays well he'll look good and if the other team does not game plan to go after him.  He still has the same weakness he had before but if the dline actually plays to to their potential which they do about 1 game per year then he can have an impact.

Safeties and LBS drafted high still have a lesser impact on a team game in and game out that other prime positions.

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Darron Lee has progressed all the way up to looking like an average ILB in the NFL and will never be worthy of his draft slot and won’t be worth giving a second contract to that’s not at average ILB numbers. You halfwits stroking your nuts over his progress are benefitting from lowered expectations and short memories. 

This has to be hard for you.

The house of lies you and your ilk have been spamming the board with is crumbling:

• McCown can't play - wrong
  • Lee is a bust - wrong
  • Jets won't win more than a game - wrong
  • Macc can't find talent - wrong
  • Jets are the worst team in football - wrong
  • Last year was a terrible draft - wrong
  • There's no talent on the team - wrong

I'm having trouble finding something you've been right about.

Archived