Colin Kaepernick is being blackballed, and I'm very upset about it

Warfish

6 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

Well I don't know if you're the opposite; because the thing that bothers me most - which I thought I wrote in my original post - is that Kaep's form of protest doesn't convince or engender empathy from anyone.  It's trolling/flame-baiting.  An unarmed black man is five times as likely to be shot by police than an unarmed white man -  an important statistic and needs to be known by Americans.   Do you think most of us watching get those facts by watching Colin kneel?

It just sucks that he's right on the issue but so easily vilified because of the way he chose to voice it.  You're not convincing anyone, Kaep, that didn't already agree with you.  That's what drives me crazy and I see it in our country all the time - play to the base, the "other side" is evil and f*** the middle.  

Protesting is powerful when it convinces the wider audience and pointless when it's trolling.  I think he made a huge miscalculation and gave comfort to racists and race baiters who can now say "See, I told you they don't belong here in 'Merica".  

According to the 2013 FBI Crime Report, that year the number of blacks killed by whites was at approximately 0.77 per 1,000,000 blacks, while the number of whites killed by blacks was at 9.83 per 1,000,000 whites.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1. No team will sign him because hes a scumbag trouble maker. A TRAITOR

2. People in power need to keep his kind down anyway. Kudos!

3. Shame on the nfl for not firing any player that doesnt stand for our national anthem. Its disgraceful how they have let this spiral out of control. 

4. He would be playing today, for sure....earning millions but because of his actions he is unemployed. This warms my heart

5 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

According to the 2013 FBI Crime Report, that year the number of blacks killed by whites was at approximately 0.77 per 1,000,000 blacks, while the number of whites killed by blacks was at 9.83 per 1,000,000 whites.

And in other news, they are now saying water is made of hydrgen and oxygen.

i like black folks. I wish them the best, but they are their own worst enemies. 

And YES, many cops are out of control and need to be tossed. Ive watched a ton of video and that doesnt lie. Cops outright murder blacks. Sure, its terribly stressful being a cop in the ghetto but it doesnt give you the right to be above laws. Dumb Kap needed to address this as a private citizen OUTSIDE football

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

I think the subject for the protests was police brutality. And I think the numbers reflect that more blacks per capita are killed by cops vs whites. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/07/11/arent-more-white-people-than-black-people-killed-by-police-yes-but-no/?utm_term=.fa58598f735a

Washington Post?? They make the enquirer look credible....

Kaepernick hopes to invalidate the CBA through collusion grievance

630771046-e1503529427604.jpg?w=560&h=316
Getty Images

Free-agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick has filed a grievance against the NFL alleging collusion in relation to his ongoing unemployment. Eventually, we’ll explain what he needs to prove, and what he doesn’t need to prove, in order to show that collusion occurred. For now, let’s focus on what he wants to do.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Kaepernick wants to trigger termination of the current Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Article 69, Section 2 of the CBA allows for the agreement to be terminated prematurely in the event of proof of collusion. Under Article 17, Section 16(c) of the CBA, termination can arise from only one incident of collusion involving only one player if there is clear and convincing evidence of a violation.

The ramifications would be enormous, and historical. Kaepernick could give all players a tremendous piece of leverage, moving up the expiration of the contract by more than three years and forcing the owners back to the bargaining table.

Former NFL player Sean Gilbert proposed, in connection with his effort to become the NFLPA’s executive director, the potential termination of the CBA in early 2015, based on collusion arising from the funding rule applicable to guaranteed contracts. Gilbert did not win, and the collusion case was never filed.

As it has been from the very beginning this whole thing is about getting paid.

23 hours ago, Warfish said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2742242-texans-nfl-cross-the-kaepernick-point-of-no-return-after-deshaun-watson-injury?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Let the anger flow through you, and let the threadnaught begin.

th?id=OIP.49YhiIyRUhyRwvab779a0gEsDw&pid

Nice thread rename, but I'm not upset about it at all.  But many other folks seem to be.

I don’t like Kaepernick but you guys obsesseion with him is asinine 

4 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Kaepernick hopes to invalidate the CBA through collusion grievance

630771046-e1503529427604.jpg?w=560&h=316
Getty Images

Free-agent quarterback Colin Kaepernick has filed a grievance against the NFL alleging collusion in relation to his ongoing unemployment. Eventually, we’ll explain what he needs to prove, and what he doesn’t need to prove, in order to show that collusion occurred. For now, let’s focus on what he wants to do.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Kaepernick wants to trigger termination of the current Collective Bargaining Agreement.

Article 69, Section 2 of the CBA allows for the agreement to be terminated prematurely in the event of proof of collusion. Under Article 17, Section 16(c) of the CBA, termination can arise from only one incident of collusion involving only one player if there is clear and convincing evidence of a violation.

The ramifications would be enormous, and historical. Kaepernick could give all players a tremendous piece of leverage, moving up the expiration of the contract by more than three years and forcing the owners back to the bargaining table.

Former NFL player Sean Gilbert proposed, in connection with his effort to become the NFLPA’s executive director, the potential termination of the CBA in early 2015, based on collusion arising from the funding rule applicable to guaranteed contracts. Gilbert did not win, and the collusion case was never filed.

Kaepernick’s lawyer has to prove collusion among all 32 nfl owners by a preponderance of the evidence.  Good luck unless the arbitrator is an idiot which he or she could be

4 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

That’s some crackerjack analysis. Kaepernick started taking a knee so he could “get paid.” Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and in bold font. 

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

That’s some crackerjack analysis. Kaepernick started taking a knee so he could “get paid.” Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and in bold font. 

Uhh, errr, scuse me pra-fessor? Isn't he currently not getting paid cause he took a knee?

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Kaepernick’s lawyer has to prove collusion among all 32 nfl owners by a preponderance of the evidence.  Good luck unless the arbitrator is an idiot which he or she could be

Good luck to the arbitrator if they rule against Kaep. They should have a nice time in society for the rest of their life...

Just now, NoBowles said:

Good luck to the arbitrator if they rule against Kaep. They should have a nice time in society for the rest of their life...

He will be eaten alive by antifa super soldiers in between their avocado toast brunches/emo crying jags.

Just now, T0mShane said:

He will be eaten alive by antifa super soldiers in between their avocado toast brunches/emo crying jags.

I don’t think Antifa is who they would need to worry about, but I’m not on sub Reddit’s so I admit I could be wrong.

11 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I hope Kaepernick takes the whole NFL down, start with the CBA, and it will all crumble from there... the owners and players alike deserve nothing more. Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered.

Huh? So Kaepernick’s one grievance is going to invalidate  the entire CBA?  How does that work out

10 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Ok whatever you say.  Nobody still cares about Kaepernick except fat guys in the south who date their cousin and think the Yankees cheated in the war or northern aggression

Just now, Philc1 said:

Ok whatever you say.  Nobody still cares about Kaepernick except fat guys in the south who date their cousin and think the Yankees cheated in the war or northern aggression

You know he was the number one selling jersey in the NFL last year right? Or at least top 3.

Just now, T0mShane said:

Disagree. Kaepernick was getting released by the Niners before "his protest". This was well known. After his display the Niners couldn't release him without a major sh*t storm. Then he stupidly opted out of his contract thinking he would get a mega deal in a QB needy league. His mistake was miscalculating the effect "his protest" would have. He then sold out "his protest" by announcing he would abandon said protest for his new team. If it wasn't about "getting paid" why would he not stick to his guns instead of abandoning his cause? Why would he say he was not going to kneel for the anthem anymore? He wanted a contract. That's the only thing that makes sense. Other players who took a knee still have their jobs and are playing in the League. Could it be that Kaepernick is just not that good and that's why teams don't want him? Or are teams not willing to deal with the baggage that comes with signing him? Who knows? The fact remains that Kaepernick abandoned his cause. Why? Did injustice just magically go away? Did "his protest" stop the injustices against people of color? Why would the man who spearheaded a righteous cause abandon it and announce it on a national scale?

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:

Disagree. Kaepernick was getting released by the Niners before "his protest". This was well known. After his display the Niners couldn't release him without a major sh*t storm. Then he stupidly opted out of his contract thinking he would get a mega deal in a QB needy league. His mistake was miscalculating the effect "his protest" would have. He then sold out "his protest" by announcing he would abandon said protest for his new team. If it wasn't about "getting paid" why would he not stick to his guns instead of abandoning his cause? Why would he say he was not going to kneel for the anthem anymore? He wanted a contract. That's the only thing that makes sense. Other players who took a knee still have their jobs and are playing in the League. Could it be that Kaepernick is just not that good and that's why teams don't want him? Or are teams not willing to deal with the baggage that comes with signing him? Who knows? The fact remains that Kaepernick abandoned his cause. Why? Did injustice just magically go away? Did "his protest" stop the injustices against people of color? Why would the man who spearheaded a righteous cause abandon it and announce it on a national scale?

I think your giving him way more intellectual credit than he deserves. No way that dumbass thought that up.

I think he’s a dumb ass guy who was easily influenced by his piece of garbage girlfriend. Listen and Look at him before he met her; and after, and you see everything you need about him.  She must have one of those magical skinny triangles that makes men do really stupid sh*t.

9 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Breer threw something out there that LaCanfora regurgitated then had to backtrack on:

F3541CD1-D8B9-401F-9365-D99CEE9E1A28.png

2 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I think your giving him way more intellectual credit than he deserves. No way that dumbass thought that up.

I think he’s a dumb ass guy who was easily influenced by his piece of garbage girlfriend. Listen and Look at him before he met her; and after, and you see everything you need about him.  She must have one of those magical skinny triangles that makes men do really stupid sh*t.

He had a 4.0 GPA in high school, 4.0 GPA in college, and scored a 38 on the Wonderlic. You, on the other hand, struggle with your/you’re. Let’s keep it real, hustler.

2 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Wow. My Dad used to call it the Bermuda Triangle and said a man could get lost in it. Maybe the old man was right.

12 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

He had a 4.0 GPA in high school, 4.0 GPA in college, and scored a 38 on the Wonderlic. You, on the other hand, struggle with your/you’re. Let’s keep it real, hustler.

I was born and raised in Israel, English is my second language, so with all due respect, and I mean ALL due respect, I’m not overly concerned about my spelling and grammar in a Jets message board, typed on an iPhone... now, if I was on one of those all important and wise sub Reddit’s, I’d elevate my game, because that’s really important.

now for the dumbass, I could give two sh*ts about his HS GPA and wonderlic, intelligent people don’t become a puppet for destructive morons and throw away their career.

Archived