Tampa game HUGE test

kevinc855

Well the Jets are not supposed to be relevant in the second week of November but guess what they are very much so. Next up is a struggling 2-5 Tampa team who could be 2-6 after a tough New Orleans game. The Jets have 10 days to prepare but sometimes the extra time on their “butts” causes a team to come out flat. Regardless a win would bring the Jets right back to 5-5 in the thick of a Wildcard run. The teams one holdback has been consistency, let’s see how Bowles and this team play vs Tampa. I think a win could be a franchise changing win. I’m personally flying to Florida for this game and expect to see the New York transplants out in force. Here we go Jets!!! 

Well, if Wild Card contention is your goal then they have no margin for error period.

They can afford at most two losses from here on and try to get in with a 9-7 record. They really lowered their chances after blowing it against Miami and Atlanta/New England. Its a long shot- especially since they need to play 3 different division leaders (KC, NE, NO/CAR) This isn't gonna be easy- my head says they come out with maybe two more wins at best, give or take?

I do not want to see this team laying down and accepting that this as a "growing year" however, and I'd love it if they came down to TB with a fire in their bellies. 

1 minute ago, RESNewYork said:

Does it not sound weird that it's week 9 and there is wild card talk? I don' see it but just the discussion is surprising. 

yes and no.  the way the season is unfolding for the other teams, the jets actually do have a chance.  at the beginning of the season many were saying how tough the schedule was going to be and here we've seen this jets team really only being beaten twice (imo they beat themselves against the patsies, doltfins and falcons).  and this in a tank year so they can land a top flight qb. who woulda thought the giaints would be 1-6.  the broncos are 3-4.  tampa is 2-5.  these are all teams that were on the rise.  or look at the bungles or the ravens or even the texans.  the steelers are going to take their division running away. the bottom line is there are only a couple of teams that are successful year in and year out.  the rest are all very close and can be beaten in just about any game.

28 minutes ago, rangerous said:

yes and no.  the way the season is unfolding for the other teams, the jets actually do have a chance.  at the beginning of the season many were saying how tough the schedule was going to be and here we've seen this jets team really only being beaten twice (imo they beat themselves against the patsies, doltfins and falcons).  and this in a tank year so they can land a top flight qb. who woulda thought the giaints would be 1-6.  the broncos are 3-4.  tampa is 2-5.  these are all teams that were on the rise.  or look at the bungles or the ravens or even the texans.  the steelers are going to take their division running away. the bottom line is there are only a couple of teams that are successful year in and year out.  the rest are all very close and can be beaten in just about any game.

Ok then I'm surprised since before the season started and when we were 0-2 I did not think there would be a wild card discussion going into week 10

6 hours ago, Tony MaC said:

Well, if Wild Card contention is your goal then they have no margin for error period.

They can afford at most two losses from here on and try to get in with a 9-7 record. They really lowered their chances after blowing it against Miami and Atlanta/New England. Its a long shot- especially since they need to play 3 different division leaders (KC, NE, NO/CAR) This isn't gonna be easy- my head says they come out with maybe two more wins at best, give or take?

I do not want to see this team laying down and accepting that this as a "growing year" however, and I'd love it if they came down to TB with a fire in their bellies. 

"They have no margin for error period" *proceeds to describe the margin for error* 

14 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Well the Jets are not supposed to be relevant in the second week of November but guess what they are very much so. Next up is a struggling 2-5 Tampa team who could be 2-6 after a tough New Orleans game. The Jets have 10 days to prepare but sometimes the extra time on their “butts” causes a team to come out flat. Regardless a win would bring the Jets right back to 5-5 in the thick of a Wildcard run. The teams one holdback has been consistency, let’s see how Bowles and this team play vs Tampa. I think a win could be a franchise changing win. I’m personally flying to Florida for this game and expect to see the New York transplants out in force. Here we go Jets!!! 

I agree. Big game for the Jets.  Wilkerson and the defense have come alive. If they can continue to perform at a high intensity level and beat the Bucs things get very interesting. 

Tampa is interesting. They are last in the league in forcing sacks, they only have 7 through 7 games.

Winston can throw the ball and he has great targets, but they really cant do anything else well. PLus, alot will depend on what happens this week when they face New Orleans. If they lose this game, they will be 2-6 and maybe checking out

On 11/3/2017 at 5:50 PM, JiF said:

The Jets should be in the driver seat for the division if it weren't for choking away 3 straight games but hey I'm stoked to get that franchise changing win vs. a probable 2-6 team to get to .500!

you going to make it to tampa?

TB is a team in absolute turmoil:

- They are getting rolled by NO 30-3
- They lost Winston as he re-aggravated his shoulder injury
- With Winston on the sideline he caused a brawl by "woofing"
at a NO defender
- They are on their way to a fifth straight loss dropping their
record to 2-6
- Fitpatrick could be their starter next week

Archived