Jets to Face Ryan Fitzpatrick in Place of Winston on Sunday?

JetNation

IMG_7525.jpg

When the New York Jets take on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers a week from today, it looks like there’s a good chance they’ll be facing an old friend under center for the Bucs in Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Buccaneers quarterback Jameis Winston has been battling injures in recent weeks and was replaced during today’s Buccaneers/Saints game as Winston has led the Bucs to just six points in the last six quarters of football.

In dire need of a win to get to .500, a revamped Jets secondary will likely be licking their chops to face the Jets’ single-season record holder with his 31 touchdowns back in 2016.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
P2UFdmBtab0

Click here to read the full story...

Well well well. The Jets against sh*tz. Poetic Justice, the shoe is on the other foot, If that's not the pot calling the kettle black, If my Aunt had balls she'd be my Uncle, A watched pot never boils, A picture is worth a thousand word's, Old habits die hard, Laughter is the best medicine, When the going gets tough the tough get going. You get the idea. Just win the damn game.

It's to our advantage if Jameis doesn't start. And you'd think the Jets CS would have a good idea on defenses to call against him. In other words take advantage of his proclivity to turn the ball over. Today he threw one Td pass no picks but he was sacked two times. He played earlier in the year for Winston and did ok and put points on the board. I didn't see either game. So maybe we can get some of those picks from last year back. This time in our favor. Don't you think he owes us that! ?

9 hours ago, SAR I said:

McCown vs. Fitzpatrick would be the first time in NFL history that two quarterbacks who face each other have combined to play for every team in the NFL.

SAR I

And at their age that list includes some teams that no longer exist

Duluth Kelleys  Duluth Eskimos logoFrankford Yellow Jackets logoPottsville MaroonsBoston Bulldogs logoProvidence Steam Roller logoSt. Louis Gunners logoBrooklyn Dodgers logo

If McCown vs Fitz does happen next Sunday it proves there aren't enough QBs for a 32 team NFL league. It's like the haves & have nots. Right now the new HAVES are the Eagles & Rams. That alone tells you the state of the NFL. They really need to figure this out or the only interest will be 5 teams with QBs & fantasy football geeks.

28 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

McCown vs. Fitz would basically be all the evidence Kap needs in his collusion case. 

why don't people understand that kaepernick is a mediocre QB and when you are mediocre and bring a circus no one will want you as a QB.  Not to mention the Jets have 4 wins w/ McCown this year w/ a team that was expected to win 1 or 2 and even as terrible as we were last year we won 3 w/ Fitz.  Kaep in last 2 yrs post Harbaugh led SF to 3 wins total.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

why don't people understand that kaepernick is a mediocre QB and when you are mediocre and bring a circus no one will want you as a QB.  Not to mention the Jets have 4 wins w/ McCown this year w/ a team that was expected to win 1 or 2 and even as terrible as we were last year we won 3 w/ Fitz.  Kaep in last 2 yrs post Harbaugh led SF to 3 wins total.

1 hour ago, DoubleU said:

Evidence? What collusion? You cannot force a employer to hire someone if they consider him disruptive or a jerk.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Moths to the flame. 

It would be very Jetsy for the Jets to lose to Fitz on Sunday.

There are alot of good, valid reasons to make that happen-

• the Bucs have more talent overall than the Jets and were predicted to do well.
  • There is less film on Fitzpatrick, although the Jets should know him well enough.
  • Fitz is smart and competitive, and can crank up the revenge factor.  

From my perspective, I just want the Jets to continue to play smart and hard.  A win does not accomplish anything-playing well and competitive and having younger players learn the system does. 

We do have what I would call the Double Florida Factor too-

• Where do you and your friends go when you want to go out of town for fun?  How are pro athletes supposed to live and get a competitive edge in places like Tampa and Miami?
  • The heat and humidity is tough on the colder weather teams.

This could be Gerald McCoy eating Wes Johnson for lunch-Wes Johnson and Ardarius Stewart for Pat Elflein was Mac's worst 2017 move in my book.

Basically you have to force Fitz into mistakes. Or he can beat you. But he can beat himself. He will (unlike McCowm) take that extra chance even though percentage wise he has a small chance for a completion. He is not a good judge of himself and his abilities. He's reckless esp for a vet Qb. A young player like Jameis you can understand trying to thread a needle and relying on his talent over logic. So Bowles will have to try to put him into situation where he can be unsuccessful. Esp playing from behind like last year.  If we take and early lead and we have it going into the 4th quarter we should win the game.

It's amazing how fast things turn around in the NFL. Fitz held out on the Jets after Bowles named him the starter without having him under contract. If you think about it, holding out for more coin was a slap in the face to a Jet team that gave him another chance & a coach who put his faith & quite possibly his career on the line. 

So here come the Jets, without any of Fitz cronies who went to bat for him, (all of whom either out of the league, injured, or underwhelming), playing on a team very close to collapsing like the 2016 NY Jets. Please lord lets cut that last leg out from under Fitz & the Bucs and send him off to retirement & the Bucs off to the golf course next week.

When you really think about this game, if this current team really, really likes & admires their coach, they will redeem 2016 for him by literally punching this Bucs team in the mouth, chasing Fitz like a pack of ravenous dogs & take the fight out of the Bucs by halftime. 

Can't wait!

Archived