Brisset - Luck

BCJet

It may seem crazy, but with the way Brisset is starting to play, the Colts could get a king's ransom for Luck in order to rebuild their team around Brisset.

Luck coming back for a torn labrum is a very dangerous perspective as he could wing up losing arm strength similar to Chad Pennington.

Personally I dont think the Jets should take a risk on a player like Luck with that injury but it could really affect the draft and QB market in general.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, BCJet said:

It may seem crazy, but with the way Brisset is starting to play, the Colts could get a king's ransom for Luck in order to rebuild their team around Brisset.

Luck coming back for a torn labrum is a very dangerous perspective as he could wing up losing arm strength similar to Chad Pennington.

Personally I dont think the Jets should take a risk on a player like Luck with that injury but it could really affect the draft and QB market in general.

Big if true.

I know when I think of QB's, I think of post-major shoulder injury QB's.  How could it go wrong?

http://nfltraderumors.co/nfl-rumors-49ers-colts-jets-texans/

Colts

• Chris Mortensen reports that Colts QB Andrew Luck will be re-evaluated by doctors again in December and the team expects him to return for the 2018 season, as other reported (NFLTR).
  • However, Mortensen says that the Colts “love” Jacoby Brissett and won’t ignore this year’s quarterback draft class.
  • According to Mortensen, Luck believes he suffered the labrum injury back in Week 3 of the 2015 season against the Titans.

6 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Brissett is the guy I wanted out of the second tier QBs in that draft.  Around the 4th round I thought.  Instead we drafted Fing hackenburg.

Brissetts game is similar in style to Dak Prescott. It fits this new NFL. Guys that move around just enough to buy more time for guys to get open.

15 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

Interesting. They could get a couple of decent picks and unload his salary in one dump.

Frankly it would probably make sense for the Colts to have that stability.

Id be interested in seeing what the cap implications would be for the team that gets Luck.

It would be more then a few picks.

A team would give up multiple first and second round picks for him and the colts could rebuild their entire roster.

16 minutes ago, BCJet said:

A team would give up multiple first and second round picks for him and the colts could rebuild their entire roster.

I don't think the Colts can move luck.  Wouldn't that accelerate a ton of salary?  I think he has like $40M in dead money.  I also do not see any team coughing up "multiple first and second round picks" for a guy that can't throw.  He'd have to work out first.  I think you guys are probably overrating Brisset at this point.  He is doing an admirable job, but I am yet to be sold.

9 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I would also but what would you be willing to pay in compensation .

If we could get him for a third I'd be ecstatic. Id be willing to part with one of our seconds. I know a lot of people here will think thats blasphemy, but I believe in this kid.

People seem to ignore the fact that whatever he is doing is with:

-the worst oline

- one of worst overall rosters

- worst coaching staffs (schotty!)

- worst front offices

- had no training camp with this team and is picking everythijg up as he goes.

He's tough as all hell. A leader, big arm, accurate, smart.

Go for Cousins, then he's plan B (pre draft).

Investing anything in this guy would be an awfully big chance to take.  And his strong arm was a big part of his success, early on.  I think he had shoulder issues for much longer than he let on and his play declined dramatically.  He may come back as a shell of what he was when he came into the league.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't think the Colts can move luck.  Wouldn't that accelerate a ton of salary?  I think he has like $40M in dead money.  I also do not see any team coughing up "multiple first and second round picks" for a guy that can't throw.  He'd have to work out first.  I think you guys are probably overrating Brisset at this point.  He is doing an admirable job, but I am yet to be sold.

Looking on the surface, his prorated cap hits from 2018-2020 are $6.4m/year. The first amount is going to hit whether he's kept or traded, so it's an additional $12.8m that accelerates. 

The rest of it's roster bonuses and all that - including any future guaranteed salary and roster bonus amounts - passes on to his new team if he's traded.

He is uncuttable, so you'd have to only consider trades. The $40m number is the additional guarantee amount for injury ($47m of his 2016 extension was guaranteed for skill, but another $40m for injury). As he's clearly injured right now, they'd have to wait until he's back at full practice with no lingering injury effects to even think about cutting him.

I don't know where the gray area comes in (i.e. he's no longer technically healing from a purely medical standpoint, but he's visibly/obviously not the same anymore as a direct result of that injury; like he can't throw within 10mph of Deshaun Watson's radar gun reading anymore, or his accuracy is way off throwing at a stationary target 15 yards away). If he's never the same again, as a direct result of the injury/surgery, I really don't know how that plays out for the Colts. They may have to carry him for a couple more seasons no matter what (through the end of 2019). 

4 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

He has a lot of intrinsic talent.   He may end up like RG III but at NC State, the kid could play. 

Not sure why you hate him so much..... I'd play him over any QB we have had for last 5 years. 

Dont "Hate him so much"  I will say I  just dont see it.

5 hours ago, BCJet said:

I doubt this very much.

with his salary and unknown effects of the injury I’d say it’s a lesser price than u suggest.

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Go for Cousins, then he's plan B (pre draft).

Plan B?  He is signed up to 2020.  Why are the Colts letting him go?

I don't think the Colts O is so horrible. They have some pieces - Hilton, Moncrief, Gore, Mack, Doyle.  He did get thrown in a tough slot, but performing similarly to Matt Hasselback in 2015 is not necessarily something that would have me spitting out draft picks.

16 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Plan B?  He is signed up to 2020.  Why are the Colts letting him go?

I don't think the Colts O is so horrible. They have some pieces - Hilton, Moncrief, Gore, Mack, Doyle.  He did get thrown in a tough slot, but performing similarly to Matt Hasselback in 2015 is not necessarily something that would have me spitting out draft picks.

Plan B would be trading for him. Their offensive line is horrendous. He's also only in his second year,not a seasoned vet.

15 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Plan B would be trading for him. Their offensive line is horrendous. He's also only in his second year,not a seasoned vet.

What are you trading?  

I don't see him as worth a "sure thing" trade, but haven't paid a ton of attention to him. He is not a guy I write off, but he is certainly a guy I am not all in on.  I know their line is bad.  How was it in 2015 for a 40 year old Matt Hasselbeck?  2 of those guys are out of the league and one is backing up Wesley Johnson.  The new C was their 1st rounder.  Hasselbeck should certainly require a better line than Brissett and they still ended up with eerily similar #s.

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

What are you trading?  

I don't see him as worth a "sure thing" trade, but haven't paid a ton of attention to him. He is not a guy I write off, but he is certainly a guy I am not all in on.  I know their line is bad.  How was it in 2015 for a 40 year old Matt Hasselbeck?  2 of those guys are out of the league and one is backing up Wesley Johnson.  The new C was their 1st rounder.  Hasselbeck should certainly require a better line than Brissett and they still ended up with eerily similar #s.

I'd try for a third but would be willing to spend one of our 2nds.

There's no comparison to Hasselbeck. Completely different players. Don't go by stats. He's a young player, starting his first season. I think he can be a top 15 quarterback.

7 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

luck has huge cap dead money until after 2019. it'll be difficult for the dolts to move luck.

9 hours ago, Jetster said:

Brissetts game is similar in style to Dak Prescott. It fits this new NFL. Guys that move around just enough to buy more time for guys to get open.

Black QBs can only be compared to black QBs. Clockwork.

Rodgers, Rothlesberger, Alex Smith, amongst others than all do the same thing...

Archived