The "Can the Jets go 8-8 AND make the playoffs" Thread

ZachEY

11 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

Honestly, I don't think it's hard to find 4 wins there. They will be tough games, but I think each game will be close and can be had. None of those teams are really playing dominant football. 

not one.....in fact any of them/all of them can be had......but we wont get that lucky....but 4 is definitely doable.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, BigO said:

The only thing this season will accomplish is prolonging the inevitable of Mac and Cheese ? ultimately getting fired.  Next year will be a repeat of this crummy season cloned by yet another season of McCown leading the way to mediocrity squared. Not making excuses, just keeping it real. 

If that is the case then Mac and Bowles should be fired; if they don't make procuring a QB their number one priority after three years on the job then they should be gone; period!!!

22 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

If that is the case then Mac and Bowles should be fired; if they don't make procuring a QB their number one priority after three years on the job then they should be gone; period!!!

Think about it. Even if they go 4-12 and grab a QB, McCown will still be the starter next year. I just can’t stomach another year of this bum. Hopefully, they find a viable option in the draft but there’s no way a rookie QB is going to start. It would be managerial suicide for Mac not to get a legit prospect or top FA to be the future of this franchise. I will be on strike and for the first time not watch this team if he doesn’t. 

32 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

I dated Reese and she wasn't all that!!!!

? she must have preferred Snoopy. Well she modeled a cover of a mag recently and she looks incredibly gorgeous. I mean I was floored.  Age has ripened her amazingly like fine wine. 

17 hours ago, Warfish said:

Sure is alot of folks declaring loudly and clearly that the 6-3 Panthers are a sure Jets win. 

Might want to reconsider that one mates.

They won't have Olsen. They won't have Benjamin (traded). We have the safeties good enough to run with Funchess. The Jets have really stepped it up in stopping the run (COMPLETELY SHUT DOWN THE BILLS RUN GAME), a team that has a much better Oline than the Panthers. This game could be very low scoring, we're at home and our defense is much faster, Adams gets the job of spying Cam. The 2 games that will be the toughest will be Chiefs & Saints. Beat Bucs, steal the Panther game, 6-5, could be wild. 

So the question should be, can the Jets win 3 of their last 5. Overconfident? Lol.

11 hours ago, BigO said:

Realistically you can say any game can be win. But odds of winning this game is akin to you getting a date with Reese Witherspoon - no chance in hell - it aint happenin.

No. I wouldn't say any game has a chance. Did you think they would have a chance in Oakland?

I didn't, if you did, you are delusional. But, laugh on if you like.

20 hours ago, gEYno said:

The AFC flat out sucks.  If the season ended today, the seeding (per espn) would be:

1. Steelers

2. Patriots

3. Chiefs

4. Titans

5. Jaguars

6. Bills

The Jags and Bills are both 5-3 today.  And the other teams in contention, Dolphins, Ravens, and Raiders, have all failed to distinguish themselves.

Too early to run scenarios, but in a season where it looked like the tank was on and 2-3 wins realistic, 4 wins could potentially get a playoff spot...

That said, it's tough to find 4 more wins:

Bucs, Panthers, Chiefs, Broncos, Saints, Chargers, Pats

But 8-8 could definitely do it this year.

This reminds me so much of April threads when the schedule came out and hearing “can’t find a win here!”. I some of the geniuses on this forum saying how the browns because of their picks and “plan” were up and coming and Gona whip us...

17 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

I don’t care how bad the Broncos seem to be right now. On the road, in Denver is just not going to be as easy as some folks think. I honestly don’t see more than 2 wins left on the schedule. 

Out of curiosity how many games before they have happened this year you said “yea we are Gona win this game” 

35 minutes ago, Ken Shroy said:

No. I wouldn't say any game has a chance. Did you think they would have a chance in Oakland?

I didn't, if you did, you are delusional. But, laugh on if you like.

On the contar. I thought they’d go at best 3-13. You have me confused with some other delusional kool aid drinker.  

9 hours ago, BigO said:

? she must have preferred Snoopy. Well she modeled a cover of a mag recently and she looks incredibly gorgeous. I mean I was floored.  Age has ripened her amazingly like fine wine. 

I agree I am just angry that my fantasy concerning her will alas never come to pass. :) 

On 11/6/2017 at 11:49 AM, Warfish said:

It's a nice thought, but I don't think so.

We're 4-5 now.  We play:

1. At Bucs (Call it a Win) Enjoy the last breaths of postseason hope, 5-5

Bye Week, No QB Change because "Hope!"

2. Panthers (Loss) Jets O can't get it done, 5-6

3. Chiefs (Big Loss) 5-7, Season All But Over Now and Team Will Know It

4. At Broncos (Loss, Albeit Close) 5-8, Season Over, QB Change Pending

5. At Saints (Crushing Loss) 5-9, if Petty/Hack hasn't been played yet (and they won't, Bowles being Bowles), they will after this game.

6. Chargers (Win), Jets rise under whomever kid QB plays, wins vs. meh Chargers team. 6-9

7. At Patriots (Loss), Jetss kid QB falls back to Earth, 3+ INT's, sad end to season, 6-10

That's how I see it as of today.

So they blew the only one I thought was a sure fire win.

6-10 might take a miracle now.

Archived