2018 NFL Mock Draft: By Albert Breer

RESNewYork

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I would be happy with Nelson in the 2nd round.  If we picked an Fing guard at 6 I would go ballistic.

About the only position we have on offense that seems okay is friggin guard.  The is as bad of a projection as you could get and would be epically idiotic.

Yeah, but just imagine how much BETTER it could be. You can never have enough guards.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Nope by the time we pick Darnold if he comes out will be gone so will Rosen, I'm all in for Mayfield,Allen or Rudolph. 

Those 3 are better than any QB on our roster. 

I've got huge concerns about Allen. I don't want any part of him. He should go to a team who already has a QB, so he can just sit... and never see the field. Patriots could be a good spot for him to land.

I could get excited for Mayfield. Perhaps Rudolph.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nope by the time we pick Darnold if he comes out will be gone so will Rosen, I'm all in for Mayfield,Allen or Rudolph. 

Those 3 are better than any QB on our roster. 

That’s not exactly a high bar. 

Also, it’d be very Jetsy to take a guard when a plug and play for 12 years LT is sitting right there. 

If the Mac doesn't pick up a QB via free agency (which is unlikely), he has boxed himself in to drafting a QB with a high pick in 2018.  There is no no way around this.  He cannot possibly ignore the QB position for another year.  He will be run out of town if we have another journeyman veteran, recycled QB starting for us week 1. 

If Macc signs or trades for a QB he should still draft Mayfield. The guy is the pick if he is there. The only reason to not pick him is if he is gone. If He doesn't pick Mayfield and he is on the board the Jets will be lamenting that pick for YEARS.

22 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

If the Mac doesn't pick up a QB via free agency (which is unlikely), he has boxed himself in to drafting a QB with a high pick in 2018.  There is no no way around this.  He cannot possibly ignore the QB position for another year.  He will be run out of town if we have another journeyman veteran, recycled QB starting for us week 1. 

Macc should be tarred and feathered and ran out of town on a rail if he doesn't pick Mayfield if he's there. 

21 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

If Macc signs or trades for a QB he should still draft Mayfield. The guy is the pick if he is there. The only reason to not pick him is if he is gone. If He doesn't pick Mayfield and he is on the board the Jets will be lamenting that pick for YEARS.

Agree and he wont be here in 2018 if he doesn't pick him if he's available. 

31 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

I've got huge concerns about Allen. I don't want any part of him. He should go to a team who already has a QB, so he can just sit... and never see the field. Patriots could be a good spot for him to land.

I could get excited for Mayfield. Perhaps Rudolph.

Maybe with the 2nd they just got from San Francisco.

33 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

I don't know whether the Jets pick 6th.  It is quite possible that by picking lower they can justify Mayfield.  

Just asking...who was the last QB 6-0 or shorter picked top 15?

The FA QBs...will basically be an auction.  All three suspects...Smith, Cousins (tag) and Brees are under contract, so their teams need to let them go.  

Teams will not want to trade meaningful assets for old QBs.  Teams will also be reluctant to pay big money for veterans when draft picks are cheap.  

The market will push this to and fro.

Keep in mind, the jets have a lot of money for FA. They will plug a lot of holes. I think macc learned his lesson not trading back into the first rd to nab Watson. I expect the jets to draft a DE in first rd as the elite QB’s are off the board. Trade Wilkerson and picks to get back in the first to take mayfield. IMO...

55 minutes ago, Miodusb said:

Keep in mind, the jets have a lot of money for FA. They will plug a lot of holes. I think macc learned his lesson not trading back into the first rd to nab Watson. I expect the jets to draft a DE in first rd as the elite QB’s are off the board. Trade Wilkerson and picks to get back in the first to take mayfield. IMO...

Sounds like the JetNation mod lounge.

3 hours ago, chirorob said:

Wow, no.

Look, a Left Tackle at 6?  Sure.   It's not glamorous, but it is a premier position, and we need a real LT.   A freaking Guard?  No.   3 times they've drafted in the top 10 with Macc.   That would be 3 times with no play on offense, no QB, and no one to truly rush the passer.  

Guards play offense . We safe

I could totally see a scenario where if the cards fell that way the Jets would panic over missing out on Fitzpatrick and taking the safe pick because of BAP and the Jets land Nelson.  He's pretty much can't miss.

And this drat sucks.  Seriously.  Depending on how you feel about the QB's and how much that weighs, this draft is poop.  The only truly player you look at who seems to have special all-pro type talent is Barkley and probably Nelson...maybe Fitzpatrick.  The QB's are pure gambles.  Everyone else is meh.  I guess Ridley could be special in a system that gets him the ball.  Maybe Key too, if he's can manage to stay out of trouble. 

6 hours ago, Bugg said:

A guard with Mayfield and Allen still on the board would be like taking a safety with Mahomes and Watson still on the....oh, yeah, they did that

Easy now, at least they were able to circle back in the second round when-- never mind. 

18 hours ago, T0mShane said:

WalterFootball has us taking a DT, so at least these football media guys are paying attention to the history. Though, I’ll be pumped to read some great posts about how OG and DT are vital building blocks.

History really means sh*t in this case. Whoever is the highest ranked player will be taken. Guards are not usually ranked that high so who knows. I don’t think they aren’t taking a guard

Archived