Bill Cowher's Wife is a Huge Jet Fan

jmat321

Interesting fact.  But as I have stated before... the coaches in the booth are highly unlikely to get back on the sideline.

They make good money where they are and have 1/10th the stress.

Why would they go back to?;

The weight of a city on your shoulders.  Working 18 hour days, 7 days a week in season.  Merciless criticism for every move you make that doesn't work out.  No time for family and hobby.  It puts their health at risk.  A handful of coaches have had serious health problems in recent years.  We watched Todd Bowles age 10 years last season in 4 months. 

In fact, Cowher would have to be crazy to return to that.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 4

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

We've been over this. Woody passed on Cowher for Tannenbaum. I don't think he's big on the whole one iconic guy having control over the franchise-type thing. It's why we lost Belichick originally too.

the bellichicken left because he is a miserable little chicken s&&t troll who wasn't comfortable in his own skin.  he had to go back to daddy kraft.

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

All I know is that in the one super bowl year all they did all game was show cowhers wife through the whole DAMN playoffs.

Cowher also imo is overrated and I would n't want anything to do with him.

Yea who wants 10+ wins year after year. Let’s keep that 6-8 wins a year streak going! 

Playoffs   Challenges  
Year Age Tm Lg G W L T W-L% G plyf W plyf L plyf W-L% Rank Num Won Notes
1992 35 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 11 5 0 .688 1 0 1 .000 1      
1993 36 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 9 7 0 .563 1 0 1 .000 2      
1994 37 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 12 4 0 .750 2 1 1 .500 1      
1995 38 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 11 5 0 .688 3 2 1 .667 1     AFC Champions
1996 39 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 10 6 0 .625 2 1 1 .500 1      
1997 40 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 11 5 0 .688 2 1 1 .500 1      
1998 41 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 7 9 0 .438         3      
1999 42 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 6 10 0 .375         4 2 0  
2000 43 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 9 7 0 .563         3 7 4  
2001 44 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 13 3 0 .813 2 1 1 .500 1 6 3  
2002 45 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 10 5 1 .667 2 1 1 .500 1 10 6  
2003 46 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 6 10 0 .375         3 5 0  
2004 47 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 15 1 0 .938 2 1 1 .500 1 9 3  
2005 48 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 11 5 0 .688 4 4 0 1.000 2 9 6 Super Bowl Champions
2006 49 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 8 8 0 .500         3 11 5  
15 yrs     240 149 90 1 .623 21 12 9 .571 1.9 59 27  

Team's Ranks

• Team ranks, totals at bottom are 

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

He’d kill his wife in the street for a crack at the Giants job.

maybe 5 or 10 years ago but w/o a decent QB like the giants had I don't think he wants that job as bad as was reported.

7 hours ago, Reynolds1029 said:

Seriously... why would we want someone who hasen't coached in over a decade? The game has changed waaay to much. That would be like hiring Chan Gailey to be our HC but worse. 

He's not coming here but I think he'd be successful if he came back, he hasn't been hiding out growing a terrorist beard like David Letterman, he's connected to the game as a broadcaster.  Remember when people said the same thing about Dick Vermeil? Interestingly enough Vermeil was 61 when he came back to the NFL in 1997 w/ the Rams, Cowher will be 61 next season.

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, BigO said:

Yea who wants 10+ wins year after year. Let’s keep that 6-8 wins a year streak going! 

Playoffs   Challenges  
Year Age Tm Lg G W L T W-L% G plyf W plyf L plyf W-L% Rank Num Won Notes
1992 35 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 11 5 0 .688 1 0 1 .000 1      
1993 36 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 9 7 0 .563 1 0 1 .000 2      
1994 37 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 12 4 0 .750 2 1 1 .500 1      
1995 38 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 11 5 0 .688 3 2 1 .667 1     AFC Champions
1996 39 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 10 6 0 .625 2 1 1 .500 1      
1997 40 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 11 5 0 .688 2 1 1 .500 1      
1998 41 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 7 9 0 .438         3      
1999 42 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 6 10 0 .375         4 2 0  
2000 43 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 9 7 0 .563         3 7 4  
2001 44 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 13 3 0 .813 2 1 1 .500 1 6 3  
2002 45 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 10 5 1 .667 2 1 1 .500 1 10 6  
2003 46 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 6 10 0 .375         3 5 0  
2004 47 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 15 1 0 .938 2 1 1 .500 1 9 3  
2005 48 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 11 5 0 .688 4 4 0 1.000 2 9 6 Super Bowl Champions
2006 49 Pittsburgh Steelers NFL 16 8 8 0 .500         3 11 5  
15 yrs     240 149 90 1 .623 21 12 9 .571 1.9 59 27  

Team's Ranks

• Team ranks, totals at bottom are 

1 super bowl win in 15 years, many years of epic fails in the playoffs.  15 years is a LONG time to be a head coach.

• Upvote 1

Not the HC after all this time - if he’s even interested in that daily grind anymore - and can’t think of a way he’d be qualified to be the GM. 

But I’d happily throw around the Johnsons’ money to pay him a gargantuan $8m/year to lure him away from his TV gig and be head of football operations. Could hardly do any worse.

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, jmat321 said:

Per the article, she grew up in Montclair, lifelong fan

Yes, but now I see that this is his second wife.  They didn't meet until after his first wife passed away in 2010.  He was already out of the game for years.

17 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

We've been over this. Woody passed on Cowher for Tannenbaum. I don't think he's big on the whole one iconic guy having control over the franchise-type thing. It's why we lost Belichick originally too.

Seriously?  Wasn't he happy doing whatever that fat tub of sh*t Parcells wanted?  That is a big reason Belichick left.  Didn't tubby hand-pick Bradway and Al Groh? 

37 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

1 super bowl win in 15 years, many years of epic fails in the playoffs.  15 years is a LONG time to be a head coach.

He’s a winner and gets you in the playoffs. We’re going Into what our 55 year and have only won 1 SB. Regardless, he hasn’t coached in ions. I like Sperm’s take on making him head of football operations. We need someone who knows the game, unlike Bowles who only knows shrimp ? and Mac who only seems to know coffee ☕️.

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

it sure would suck to have 2 SB apps, 1 SB win, 10 playoff apps in a 15 year period.  I agree w/ you, no way I'd want this guy.

Let's compare Cowher in 15 seasons to our franchise in 57 seasons

winning seasons:

Cowher 11

NYJ 18

playoff seasons:

Cowher 10

NYJ 14

playoff wins:

Cowher 12

NYJ 12

SB apps:

Cowher 2

NYJ 1

SB wins:

Cowher 1

NYJ 1

Home playoff games:

Cowher 13

NYJ 7

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Yes, but now I see that this is his second wife.  They didn't meet until after his first wife passed away in 2010.  He was already out of the game for years.

Seriously?  Wasn't he happy doing whatever that fat tub of sh*t Parcells wanted?  That is a big reason Belichick left.  Didn't tubby hand-pick Bradway and Al Groh? 

Belichick left before Woody bought the team. IIRC it might have even been before he submitted the winning bid. Certainly before he made any decisions with regard to the team. 

I think we can do better. No one instantly comes to mind, but people overlooked a lot of his failures there because we don't follow all the inner workings of the Steelers. Not like they missed a beat when they moved on and made 35 yr old Tomlin the HC.

2 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Belichick left before Woody bought the team. IIRC it might have even been before he submitted the winning bid. Certainly before he made any decisions with regard to the team. 

I think we can do better. No one instantly comes to mind, but people overlooked a lot of his failures there because we don't follow all the inner workings of the Steelers. Not like they missed a beat when they moved on and made 35 yr old Tomlin the HC.

Woody wasn't officially the owner but I believe it was known he won the bid at the time.  The owner was meaningless though, he wanted out of Parcells' shadow.  If BP just clued him in that he was going to retire BB would have been our HC but he never let him know and BB was getting impatient.  Parcells knew 1999 would be the end, he could have let BB know. Once Woody took over he did all he could top convince BP to come back, it didn't work but he left him in charge of football decisions which gave us Groh then he recommended Bradway a year later.

2 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Think this is more meant towards the giants

as far as Cowher goes, Tomlin, who I think is a horrendous coach, has come in and done just as well

Its all about the foundation they have there from ownership down. Anyone will go in there and win 

It’s all about having a QB.

16 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Woody wasn't officially the owner but I believe it was known he won the bid at the time.  The owner was meaningless though, he wanted out of Parcells' shadow.  If BP just clued him in that he was going to retire BB would have been our HC but he never let him know and BB was getting impatient.  Parcells knew 1999 would be the end, he could have let BB know. Once Woody took over he did all he could top convince BP to come back, it didn't work but he left him in charge of football decisions which gave us Groh then he recommended Bradway a year later.

IIRC it was within a day in either direction of having submitted the winning bid, which was not yet accepted (and wouldn't be for well over a week after BB resigned). Plus it's not as though anyone was dying to work for the Dolan clan either. 

I don't really know what would have happened. That's a lot of years being called "Tuna Helper" and "Lil' Bill" that'd been brewing, and it was still a team Parcells would get credit for putting together. Just like few people give Barry Switzer credit as an NFL HC even after winning a SB two years after JJ was gone. After two more years he was still fired with JJ getting credit for anything he may have accomplished. I can't believe BB - who'd been fired as a HC before - was ignorant to that.

Would he have stayed? I don't know. Just because he led people to believe he would have, doesn't mean that he actually would have passed up the opportunity for more money, more security, and full credit for whatever he wins. 

6 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

IIRC it was within a day in either direction of having submitted the winning bid, which was not yet accepted (and wouldn't be for well over a week after BB resigned). Plus it's not as though anyone was dying to work for the Dolan clan either. 

I don't really know what would have happened. That's a lot of years being called "Tuna Helper" and "Lil' Bill" that'd been brewing, and it was still a team Parcells would get credit for putting together. Just like few people give Barry Switzer credit as an NFL HC even after winning a SB two years after JJ was gone. After two more years he was still fired with JJ getting credit for anything he may have accomplished. I can't believe BB - who'd been fired as a HC before - was ignorant to that.

Would he have stayed? I don't know. Just because he led people to believe he would have, doesn't mean that he actually would have passed up the opportunity for more money, more security, and full credit for whatever he wins. 

I think it was known at that point that Woody would become the owner but either way it was all about Parcells.  As much as I appreciate what BP did in turning us around he wound up costing us BB and Peyton and/or Brady.  Obviously if he commits to Peyton in '97 he comes out then if he doesn't string BB along he has same staff in place h had in NE and Brady is here and it's our dynasty. 

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I think it was known at that point that Woody would become the owner but either way it was all about Parcells.  As much as I appreciate what BP did in turning us around he wound up costing us BB and Peyton and/or Brady.  Obviously if he commits to Peyton in '97 he comes out then if he doesn't string BB along he has same staff in place h had in NE and Brady is here and it's our dynasty. 

Maybe. Agree on Peyton; no way he stays in school if Bill Parcells hints to his buddy Archie that he'll take his son #1 overall if he comes out. But Bill was on his 3 year plan and didn't want to break in another rookie QB (let alone one coming out as a junior, which was unusual back then, and basically never happened with success).

Would BB have stayed anyway? Maybe. We'll never know. The guy's word isn't worth anything, nor is it worth anything if he signs a contract.