Bill Cowher's Wife is a Huge Jet Fan

jmat321

9 hours ago, nyjunc said:

and Cowher made a SB and multiple title games w/ Neil O'Donnell then made multiple title games w/ Kordell Stewart before they got ben and got even better.

Valid points. And I’m certainly not implying that Cowher couldn’t go somewhere today, and be a successful head coach. But, I do think you have to take into account, that back then, the game wasn’t as dependent on having a top tier QB.

In today’s NFL, I don’t think too many teams would consistently be making deep playoff runs with guys like Neil O’Donnell and Kordell Stewart at the helm.

1 hour ago, Happy Clouds said:

In today’s NFL, I don’t think too many teams would consistently be making deep playoff runs with guys like Neil O’Donnell and Kordell Stewart at the helm.

That O’Donnell contract brings back some bad memories - thinking a bad QB on a good team can make a bad team better is similar to drafting a bad Big Ten QB who you think will be better in the NFL

13 hours ago, Happy Clouds said:

Valid points. And I’m certainly not implying that Cowher couldn’t go somewhere today, and be a successful head coach. But, I do think you have to take into account, that back then, the game wasn’t as dependent on having a top tier QB.

it's not dependent on having a top tier QB today. that always helps and makes things easier.  Eli Manning has 2 SB wins, Flacco has a SB win, Sanchez made 2 title games, Cutler made a title game, Colin kaepernick made a SB, 2015 Peyton(who was terrible) won a SB.  Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees have won and been to only 2 SBs combined.  He could succeed. he's not coming here but he'd succeed if he came back to any team.

• 3 years later...
On 11/7/2017 at 4:29 PM, RoadFan said:

Interesting fact.  But as I have stated before... the coaches in the booth are highly unlikely to get back on the sideline.

They make good money where they are and have 1/10th the stress.

Why would they go back to?;

The weight of a city on your shoulders.  Working 18 hour days, 7 days a week in season.  Merciless criticism for every move you make that doesn't work out.  No time for family and hobby.  It puts their health at risk.  A handful of coaches have had serious health problems in recent years.  We watched Todd Bowles age 10 years last season in 4 months. 

In fact, Cowher would have to be crazy to return to that.

I stand by the above statement.

But I will glady accept Bill Cowher as the next Head Coach...

On 11/7/2017 at 4:29 PM, RoadFan said:

Interesting fact.  But as I have stated before... the coaches in the booth are highly unlikely to get back on the sideline.

They make good money where they are and have 1/10th the stress.

Why would they go back to?;

The weight of a city on your shoulders.  Working 18 hour days, 7 days a week in season.  Merciless criticism for every move you make that doesn't work out.  No time for family and hobby.  It puts their health at risk.  A handful of coaches have had serious health problems in recent years.  We watched Todd Bowles age 10 years last season in 4 months. 

In fact, Cowher would have to be crazy to return to that.

Why did Chuckie do it? 

On 11/7/2017 at 4:51 PM, Beerfish said:

All I know is that in the one super bowl year all they did all game was show cowhers wife through the whole DAMN playoffs.

Cowher also imo is overrated and I would n't want anything to do with him.

that was his 1st wife who died of cancer. His 2nd wife he met in NYC I believe and she is Jets fan.