Jets go 8-8 What Quarterbacks do You think will be Available?

JetBlue

Hey folks, I'm back from my self imposed sabbatical.  Did anyone miss me?  :-)

I've been lurking on the board for most of the season because I was really hoping Petty or Hackenburg would have stepped up and won the job.  I just couldn't get excited about watching McCown play. 

It seems to be on the right track talent wise, with a nice nucleus of young players.  I give McCown credit for playing better than I thought he would be he obviously is not the future.  Perhaps at some point, Petty or Hackenburg may get some action and will either confirm what everyone thinks  (they suck) or show that they should be considered in the mix next year.   At any rate, if the team goes 8-8 I guess we would pick around 15 or something.  I know it is early but what "franchise caliber" quarterbacks, if any, do you think might still be available when we pick?  It will just suck to watch the Giants take one of the top quarterbacks and we miss out once again. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Drew Brees signs a 3 year 90 million contract 50 million signing bonus book it, Jets don't draft a QB.

With the way the Saints are playing, with their running game and defense, this is definitely a foregone conclusion. They might be neck and neck with Philly in the NFC. Also, stresses just how important it is in today's NFL to find your QB. 

The saying used to be they'll run your team for a decade. Now its more like 15+ years.

5 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Whomever the Vikings don't want out of Bradford/Bridgewater should be available.

Eli should be available.

Most likely scenario is the Jets just bring back McCown for next year, draft someone high-ish and pretend Hackenburg never existed

Yea LOL!!!! thats all we need is Bradford/Bridgewater they are always hurt!!!!!!!

I want to keep winning, I don't care about the draft.  it looks like we will have some vet options such as Cousins, Bridgewater or maybe Indy looks to move Luck?  and if we love any of the QBs in this draft we'll find a way to move up to get him as the fans cheer we get the player but bash b/c we traded picks then we'll boo the QB out of town w/in 3 years.

free agent qb's for 2018. there will also be a number of rfa's like mccarron.  if the jets win 7 or so games they'll probably pick 10-15 in the draft.  tough place to find a top qb prospect.  what the jets need is a game manager like mccown but with a better arm.  the thing is it may still be hack.

PLAYER (29)
POS.
TO
GP
PAYDS
PATD
RUYDS
RUTD
INT
FUM
2017 AAV
STATUS
MARKET VALUE
Drew Brees QB 38 NO TBD 7 1,951 11 1 1 4 2 $24,250,000 UFA -
Kirk Cousins QB 29 WAS TBD 7 1,900 13 121 1 4 7 $23,943,600 UFA Market Value
Sam Bradford QB 29 MIN TBD 2 382 3 -3       $18,000,000 UFA Market Value
Jay Cutler QB 34 MIA TBD 6 995 7 20   5 1 $10,000,000 UFA -
Josh McCown QB 38 NYJ TBD 8 1,840 12 57 2 7 8 $6,000,000 UFA -
Drew Stanton QB 33 ARI TBD 1 66   4   1 1 $3,250,000 UFA -
Chad Henne QB 32 JAC TBD 1     -3       $3,250,000 UFA -
Ryan Fitzpatrick QB 34 TB TBD 2 290 3 10   2   $3,000,000 UFA -
Derek Anderson QB 34 CAR TBD 1 17           $2,350,000 UFA -
Mark Sanchez QB 30 CHI TBD               $2,000,000 UFA -
Case Keenum QB 29 MIN TBD 7 1,610 7 64   3   $2,000,000 UFA -
Matt Moore QB 33 MIA TBD 2 364 2     3   $1,775,000 UFA -
Scott Tolzien QB 30 IND TBD 1 128   2   2 1 $1,750,000 UFA -
Teddy Bridgewater QB 25 MIN TBD               $1,712,376 UFA -
Geno Smith QB 27 NYG TBD               $1,200,000 UFA -
Kellen Clemens QB 34 LAC TBD               $1,000,000 UFA -
Tyler Bray QB 25 KC TBD               $962,500 UFA -
Chase Daniel QB 31 NO TBD               $900,000 UFA -
Joe Webb QB 30 BUF TBD 7             $900,000 UFA -
Josh Johnson QB 31 HOU TBD               $900,000 UFA -
Blaine Gabbert QB 28 ARI TBD               $895,000 UFA -
Jimmy Garoppolo QB 26 SF TBD               $870,975 UFA -
Austin Davis QB 28 SEA TBD 1     -1       $855,000 UFA -
E.J. Manuel QB 27 OAK TBD 2 265 1 15   1   $800,000 UFA -
Brock Osweiler QB 26 DEN TBD 1 18   -1       $775,000 UFA -
Brandon Weeden QB 34 TEN TBD 1             $775,000 UFA -
T.J. Yates QB 30 HOU TBD               $775,000 UFA -
David Fales QB 27 MIA TBD               $690,000 UFA -
Tom Savage QB 27 HOU TBD 2 62         2 $630,146 UFA -

11 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Whomever the Vikings don't want out of Bradford/Bridgewater should be available.

Eli should be available.

Most likely scenario is the Jets just bring back McCown for next year, draft someone high-ish and pretend Hackenburg never existed

Bradford is done and even if Bridgewater does play again he is one hit away from retirement

Macagnan will sign McCown to a three year extension and draft another dud qb in the third or 4th round and we’ll be back to square one end of next season

I wouldn't cross out Brees for 3 years with the Morton Bates connection & running the same type of offense. The only difference being defenses can't pack it in on Brees as he'll tear you up with his deep accuracy & quick release. 

I don't even know what it's like to cheer for a QB that can change a play at the LOS and burn them. Or move into a hurry up to take advantage of a defense with the wrong personnel on the field. MetLife would be ELECTRIC!

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

We shouldn't allow frustration to make us insane.

For example, trading an entire draft for a broke-winged over-hyped Luck.....

“Over-hyped”lol you are a funny guy

Don’t worry your hero Fitzpatrick will be available maybe Macc can give him another $20 million

Just now, Philc1 said:

“Over-hyped”lol you are a funny guy

Don’t worry your hero Fitzpatrick will be available maybe Macc can give him another $20 million

Remind me how many playoff games Luck has won so far?  He's over-hyped till he proves otherwise. i.e. till he wins something.  Or at least plays again....

And with the badly broke wing, I wouldn't hold my breath on that coming in the near future.

I don't want either Fitz or McCown, you might want to keep up.  Arguments from years ago don't hold much relevance today.

11 hours ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

Eli should be available.

that sounds like mccagnan.  he would basically be replicating what he saw the texans do for years when they kept losing with schaub.  

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

Remind me how many playoff games Luck has won so far?  He's over-hyped till he proves otherwise. i.e. till he wins something.  Or at least plays again....

And with the badly broke wing, I wouldn't hold my breath on that coming in the near future.

I don't want either Fitz or McCown, you might want to keep up.  Arguments from years ago don't hold much relevance today.

Luck’s played on nothing but horrible teams. You are just mad your favorite player in the nfl ever embarrassed himself last year with receivers Luck wishes he had

But hey I digress you are doctor and have access to Andrew Luck’s medical records

1 minute ago, kevinc855 said:

We got two 2nd round picks. If we are drafting around 15 I feel it be to easy to trade up to 8-10 without selling the farm and grab one of the top 4

I’m hoping the hype for Mayfield keeps building so Lamar or Josh Allen can be there when we pick between 12-15

5 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Luck’s played on nothing but horrible teams. You are just mad your favorite player in the nfl ever embarrassed himself last year with receivers Luck wishes he had

But hey I digress you are doctor and have access to Andrew Luck’s medical records

My favorite player in the NFL ever is Al Toon.  And Nick Mangold.  And Wayne Chrebet.  Fitz wouldn't be in my top 1,000.

Keep deflecting if you like, clearly you can't defend your argument and hence need to deflect.

Luck isn't nearly as good as many think, he was not the "one in a generation" talent hyped up, and now he's a QB with a badly broken wing and a VERY questionable future.

I don't trade an entire draft class for that.  I'll just draft a QB out of this class.  

5 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I want to keep winning, I don't care about the draft.  it looks like we will have some vet options such as Cousins, Bridgewater or maybe Indy looks to move Luck?  and if we love any of the QBs in this draft we'll find a way to move up to get him as the fans cheer we get the player but bash b/c we traded picks then we'll boo the QB out of town w/in 3 years.

I'd like to see them keep on winning but we won't until we get a viable option at qb.

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

My favorite player in the NFL ever is Al Toon.  And Nick Mangold.  And Wayne Chrebet.  Fitz wouldn't be in my top 1,000.

Keep deflecting if you like, clearly you can't defend your argument and hence need to deflect.

Luck isn't nearly as good as many think, he was not the "one in a generation" talent hyped up, and now he's a QB with a badly broken wing and a VERY questionable future.

I don't trade an entire draft class for that.  I'll just draft a QB out of this class.  

Yeah but Ryan Fitzpatrick isn’t a qb in this draft

The colts are a horror show the fact that Luck made them even competitive for years speaks volumes you know nothing go sell a website for ten cents

3 hours ago, peebag said:

I'd like to see them keep on winning but we won't until we get a viable option at qb.

the goal is always to get a longterm starter, hopefully some day soon we will.  we have been trying since the 70s, we have had one real long term starter and he wasn't very good.  if they were easy to find we'd have one by now.

I wouldn't cross out Brees for 3 years with the Morton Bates connection & running the same type of offense. The only difference being defenses can't pack it in on Brees as he'll tear you up with his deep accuracy & quick release. 
I don't even know what it's like to cheer for a QB that can change a play at the LOS and burn them. Or move into a hurry up to take advantage of a defense with the wrong personnel on the field. MetLife would be ELECTRIC!
Brees is old are u judging me?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Archived