Colts Release Vontae Davis

C Mart

Davis' release comes a day after it was reported that he was going to have season-ending groin surgery after seeking another medical opinion on the injury.

Davis did not play in last week's victory over the Houston Texans after the team said he would miss the game because of non–medical reasons.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/09/colts-vontae-davis-released

4 minutes ago, bgivs21 said:

How did the Colts become the Browns after going from Peyton Manning to probably the best QB prospect of the last decade. It's pathetic. 

They've always been the Browns.  In their history they've drafted John Elway (who basically refused to play for them because they sucked so hard), Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck, and only won 1 Super Bowl in that span.  Jim Irsay and co. are morons. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They've always been the Browns.  In their history they've drafted John Elway (who basically refused to play for them because they sucked so hard), Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck, and only won 1 Super Bowl in that span.  Jim Irsay and co. are morons. 

Jet fans....:rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, peebag said:

Jet fans....:rolleyes:

What about my statement was wrong?  Not every team gets the chance to draft a superior QB prospect.  The Colts got that chance 3 times and all but blew it. 

As Jets fans we always talk about how you need a QB.  Well, teams who GET the QB but squander the opportunity to capitalize off that time and again deserve to be criticized too.  They got Elway, Peyton and Luck and get to play in the crappy AFC South, and only 1 ring to show for it, against a Rex Grossman-led Bears team no less.  They also have quite a few early playoff exits on their resume too. 

The Colts are one of the worst franchises in football.  That is indisputable.  

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exactly they won the franchise qb lottery twice in the past 20 years.  Their owner is just as dumb as Woody and Grigson and Ballard are as bad as Macc

4 hours ago, C Mart said:

Davis' release comes a day after it was reported that he was going to have season-ending groin surgery after seeking another medical opinion on the injury.

Davis did not play in last week's victory over the Houston Texans after the team said he would miss the game because of non–medical reasons.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/09/colts-vontae-davis-released

Now if we can just get them to go full tank and trade us Jacoby Brissett for a 6th round pick, that would be awesome .

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Let’s not forget that they drafted Jeff George #1 also.  So that organization has drafted 4 QBs #1 overall since 1983.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

What about my statement was wrong?  Not every team gets the chance to draft a superior QB prospect.  The Colts got that chance 3 times and all but blew it. 

As Jets fans we always talk about how you need a QB.  Well, teams who GET the QB but squander the opportunity to capitalize off that time and again deserve to be criticized too.  They got Elway, Peyton and Luck and get to play in the crappy AFC South, and only 1 ring to show for it, against a Rex Grossman-led Bears team no less.  They also have quite a few early playoff exits on their resume too. 

The Colts are one of the worst franchises in football.  That is indisputable.  

I'd take their history over ours in a heartbeat.

If Andrew Luck was asked today...Colts or Jets?

What do you think his answer would be? 

Fans have to stop saying QBs won't come here to play.

The NY Jets have flipped the worst team in football narrative on its azz this season. In fact, around the country the Jets have become an underdog favorite. First time since 2010 that the Jets aren't thought of in a derogatory manner.

39 minutes ago, Jetster said:

The NY Jets have flipped the worst team in football narrative on its azz this season. In fact, around the country the Jets have become an underdog favorite. First time since 2010 that the Jets aren't thought of in a derogatory manner.

True. And I think the Ryan jets were generally disliked as far as their personality due to Ryan. So this team may have more likeability than that one 

39 minutes ago, Jetster said:

True. And I think the Ryan jets were generally disliked as far as their personality due to Ryan. So this team may have more likeability than that one 

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They are so bad that Sanchez beat Manning in a playoff game. Thanks s pretty bad. 

3 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Now if we can just get them to go full tank and trade us Jacoby Brissett for a 6th round pick, that would be awesome .

Haha. When I posted this I thought he was younger. He’ll be 30 next yr so he wouldn’t be worth the contract for his age, injuries, attitude 

18 hours ago, peebag said:

I'd take their history over ours in a heartbeat.

Sure, but that's a reflection of them falling into a great QB, not anything they've done as an organization. 

You have to be a special kind of bad to go 1-15, or close to it.  They just happened to be that bad at exactly the right time, and drafted 3 of the greatest QB prospects of all time.  But one of them (Elway) won his titles elsewhere, because he didn't want to be a Colt.

14 hours ago, freestater said:

Tanking!

This time they can tank and then TRADE the pick for a boatload of other picks, since they likely won't take a QB.  Unless they're truly scared that Luck is toast. 

But either way they'll probably f*ck it up, because the Colts are awful, and their owner is a drug addict, and the kind of drug addict you don't feel sympathetic for because he's a billionaire and refuses to get help for it. 

They'll probably take a corner with their top pick, lol. 

By the way, I recognize that there's no reason to think the Browns have any hope.  But I think they're in much better shape than the Colts long-term.  They should not even think about firing any Front Office people or Hue Jackson until they give the young talent on their roster a chance to improve.

And in the short-term....they get WR's Corey Coleman back next week, AND Josh Gordon back in Week 13.  I'm very interested to see if that duo sees the field together, and how they perform.  Their WR's have been dreadful to this point in the season, so what do they have to lose?

On 11/9/2017 at 3:23 PM, Jetster said:

Luck would say yes because him and his family are sick of the Irsay dysfunction in small market Indy Not because he thinks Woody and Macagnan know what they are doing

22 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

By the way, I recognize that there's no reason to think the Browns have any hope.  But I think they're in much better shape than the Colts long-term.  They should not even think about firing any Front Office people or Hue Jackson until they give the young talent on their roster a chance to improve.

And in the short-term....they get WR's Corey Coleman back next week, AND Josh Gordon back in Week 13.  I'm very interested to see if that duo sees the field together, and how they perform.  Their WR's have been dreadful to this point in the season, so what do they have to lose?

Browns had a great draft and they will be getting Darnold or Rosen they just need a good coach

Archived