Jets 2nd rounder from Hawks to get better.

Jetster

Seattle is beat up. They scraped by the terrible Cardinals last night with Drew Stanton at a QB. Sherman gone for the year. Next up, Falcons, Eagles, Jaguars, Rams, Cowboys. Seahawks are 6-3 but that could drastically change if they don't get by the Falcons. Jaguars can get after the QB, the Rams D has had the Hawks number for years & the Cowboys have the WRs to make hay with a Shermanless defense. 

These games will determine if the Seahawks make the playoffs. As a Jet fan, I'll be cheering for losses over the next 5 games. 

On 11/10/2017 at 10:47 AM, Jetster said:

Seattle is beat up. They scraped by the terrible Cardinals last night with Drew Stanton at a QB. Sherman gone for the year. Next up, Falcons, Eagles, Jaguars, Rams, Cowboys. Seahawks are 6-3 but that could drastically change if they don't get by the Falcons. Jaguars can get after the QB, the Rams D has had the Hawks number for years & the Cowboys have the WRs to make hay with a Shermanless defense. 

These games will determine if the Seahawks make the playoffs. As a Jet fan, I'll be cheering for losses over the next 5 games. 

Don't make fun of our starting QB next year!

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s weird knowing the Jets 2017 highlight package will just be a loop of Richard Sherman limping off the field in Arizona. 

Don't be silly, it will also loop in some bomb-diggity dance moves from the Jets defense!

giphy.gif?resize=480%2C250&ssl=1

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s weird knowing the Jets 2017 highlight package will just be a loop of Richard Sherman limping off the field in Arizona. 

Be funny if the Seahawks tank, don't make the playoffs, and that higher 2nd rounder ends up being Baker Mayfield. You....never....know.....cue twilight zone theme.

30 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Be funny if the Seahawks tank, don't make the playoffs, and that higher 2nd rounder ends up being Baker Mayfield. You....never....know.....cue twilight zone theme.

So you're willing to leave Baker Mayfield on the board if he's there when you pick in round 1? 

5 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

So you're willing to leave Baker Mayfield on the board if he's there when you pick in round 1? 

I don't care what pick we are in round 1, we need to get the QB we deem as "our guy". My friend I went to high school with is one of the two guys that turns in the draft card for the Jets, if Mayfield is on the board he better be sprinting up to make the pick. 

Just now, bla bla bla said:

I don't care what pick we are in round 1, we need to get the QB we deem as "our guy". My friend I went to high school with is one of the two guys that turns in the draft card for the Jets, if Mayfield is on the board he better be sprinting up to make the pick. 

Exactly I agree. 

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Exactly I agree. 

I also agree but I'd rather we trade the farm and get whoever the scouts say is "the guy".  (I'm assuming that's Darnold but I'm not a college football expert).  It's time this franchise goes all in on a QB again. 

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I have no idea? QBs are a crapshoot, how the hell did Watson last so long? Or Aaron Rogers waiting until 17. Obviously it's the toughest position to accurately project. I mean, I watched this Finley guy from North Carolina State & he reminded me of Pennington but unlike Pennington he didn't have a Randy Moss to throw to. Why is Josh Allen ranked so high by scouts? I don't know, but people on this board tell me he sucks, while some scouts have him ranked as the #1 QB. Someone's gonna be wrong & someone's gonna be right 2/3 years from the 2018 draft, I just hope if the Jets grab a QB, he's the right one.

4 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Iowa St put up 42 against Ok State this week also. The Big 12 is a complete joke of a conference when it comes to defense. Everyone puts up big numbers. That's why every casual fan is in love with Mayfield and Rudolph because they put up inflated numbers. It's the same conference that made  guys like Geno and Petty look like future HOF QBs. 

I am not anti-Mayfield and wouldn't be shocked if he was a good pro, but he is far from a slam dunk. There is a reason why teams generally pass on 6'1 QBs at the top of the draft (unless you're an athletic freak like Mike Vick). Personally, I would still prefer Darnold (still my favorite by far) and then Rosen. If we end up with Mayfield at 12, I wouldn't be upset in the least. I just wouldn't trade up to snag a prospect like him. 

5 hours ago, Jetster said:

I have no idea? QBs are a crapshoot, how the hell did Watson last so long? Or Aaron Rogers waiting until 17. Obviously it's the toughest position to accurately project. I mean, I watched this Finley guy from North Carolina State & he reminded me of Pennington but unlike Pennington he didn't have a Randy Moss to throw to. Why is Josh Allen ranked so high by scouts? I don't know, but people on this board tell me he sucks, while some scouts have him ranked as the #1 QB. Someone's gonna be wrong & someone's gonna be right 2/3 years from the 2018 draft, I just hope if the Jets grab a QB, he's the right one.

Aaron Rodgers was pick #24 in 2005.

On 11/10/2017 at 10:47 AM, Jetster said:

I always hope the Seahawks lose, I hate that team with every fiber of my being.

7 hours ago, Jetster said:

I wouldn't say it's a crapshoot.  Most of the starting QBs in the league are first rounders, not second to seventh rounders.  

Archived