Jets' Jamal Adams hopes history against 'phenomenal' Bucs TE O.J. Howard pays off

Gas2No99

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Many people are saying?

Adams has very high grades, for veteran or rookie.

They are just a bit lower than many players picked below him.

His attitude and enthusiasm were viewed as a special positive for this team.

Mac drafts not to lose.  Adams was the ultrasafe pick.  He graded super high by Mayock and Kiper.  He is tough and healthy.  He loves the game.  Lattimore and Hooker had injury issues, and Hooker did not really fit with Bowles defense because he does not like to tackle.

I am more upset by the rest of Mac's draft picks rather than Adams and Maye.  

33 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

This is a franchise that has drafted in the top ten: Vernon Gholston, Kyle Brady, Dee Milliner etc.

And we're whining about a player who in his rookie year in the NFL, at a position which is difficult to master, is playing average?

And a player whom the alternatives to picking him, in terms of the big position are out for the year with a torn ACL, which happened in game so it might scare the Texans looking at past example like RGIII, and is sitting behind Alex Smith.

Difficult to master?  He’s not a quarterback learning an offensive playbook

Adams has looked average.  Those other guys you mentioned were simply horrible

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Adams was supposed to be better than Ed Reed and Troy Polumalu.  I have seen nothing to suggest he is anything close to that

Pretty bold to claim a rookie would be better than 2 first ballot Hall of Fame players, would love to see which article said that.

55 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Adams was drafted higher than both.  He was also drafted an entire round ahead of Landon Collins is he even as good as Collins? No 

Landon Collins also has a $200M defense around him but that would hurt your argument so we should probably ignore that.

26 minutes ago, varjet said:

Adams has very high grades, for veteran or rookie.

They are just a bit lower than many players picked below him.

His attitude and enthusiasm were viewed as a special positive for this team.

Mac drafts not to lose.  Adams was the ultrasafe pick.  He graded super high by Mayock and Kiper.  He is tough and healthy.  He loves the game.  Lattimore and Hooker had injury issues, and Hooker did not really fit with Bowles defense because he does not like to tackle.

I am more upset by the rest of Mac's draft picks rather than Adams and Maye.  

IMO, Maye has been much better than Adams. Adams is concerning to me because he doesn’t really show anything that suggests he was worth the sixth overall pick, I guess. He’s not big, not overly fast, and he looks like a liability against the pass. 

5 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Pretty bold to claim a rookie would be better than 2 first ballot Hall of Fame players, would love to see which article said that.

Landon Collins also has a $200M defense around him but that would hurt your argument so we should probably ignore that.

You don’t spend the sixth overall pick on a guy whom you expect to be Brian Washington, IMO.

55 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You don’t spend the sixth overall pick on a guy whom you expect to be Brian Washington, IMO.

I agree, you draft him at 6 in hopes that he becomes an All-Pro. At that selection not only was he the highest ranked player on most boards but he was also considered the safest pick. Considering how our safeties have played since Kerry Rhodes this season has been a welcome change. Saying he's supposed to be better than 2 of the best safeties of all time as a rookie is setting the bar a little too high don't you think? I don't think we'll get an accurate grade on him until after year 3 but at this point in time I'm not upset with the selection given what we knew at the time of the draft. 

2 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

In this pass happy NFL, I could catch 3 passes. Or draw 3 penalties.

That's why I believe yards given up by a defense is overrated as a stat

Well with the state of the Patriots defense I could see why you would think that.

Adams is a born leader, plays with confidence, doesn't turtle if he makes a mistake, loves the game of football, his energy has been contagious to the Jets defense & he's getting better as the season has progressed. And your comparing him to 2 guys that are the best to ever play the game after his 1st 9 games? Give me a break. 

Guys get paid on offense too. Gronk I would imagine has made a few plays on Ed Reed & Troy when they were playing. So, because Adams didn't have a good game against the GOAT QB, and Gronk after 2 weeks rest, he's average, oh, ok. Ridiculous expectations around here. 

Archived