Redrafting the First Round of the 2017 NFL Draft - Adams moves

RESNewYork

Why wait 3 years when you can tell everything about a player in 1/2 a season. Interesting that fans who hate Adams moves up a slot. Again 1/2 a season but that is the general consensus outside of this board. If the draft ended up falling this way I would have been disgusted if Thomas was our pick.

1. CLEVELAND BROWNS: MYLES GARRETT, DE, TEXAS A&M

(ACTUAL PICK: GARRETT) Garrett’s had poor luck with injuries in his rookie season, but he delivered four sacks in the three games he did play. Pro Football Focus’ grade would have placed him alongside the likes of Chandler Jones, Jadeveon Clowney and Carlos Dunlap for his rookie season through eight games—something Cleveland would have gladly signed up for.

2. SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS: MARSHON LATTIMORE, CB, OHIO STATE

(ACTUAL PICK: SOLOMON THOMAS, DE, STANFORD with No. 3 pick via trade with Chicago) Andy Benoit detailed Lattimore’s rise in Dennis Allen’s defense here, and I can’t help but wonder if Lattimore would be equally as perfect for Robert Saleh in San Francisco. Saleh loves bringing the heat and someone with Lattimore’s confidence and man cover skills would fit perfectly.

3. CHICAGO BEARS: DESHAUN WATSON, QB, CLEMSON

(ACTUAL PICK; MITCHELL TRUBISKY, QB, UNC with No. 2 pick via trade with San Francisco) It’s true that Watson had DeAndre Hopkins and Will Fuller in Houston, but I cannot imagine Watson not providing a similar spark in Chicago—and something to ignite them offensively and keep their eighth-ranked defense off the field is what the Bears really needed this season. Just picturing an offense with Watson, Jordan Howard and Tarik Cohen is fun, no?

4. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS: LEONARD FOURNETTE, RB, LSU

(ACTUAL PICK: FOURNETTE) No need to overthink this one. Fournette has fit the Jaguars perfectly this season and bought them time to evaluate Blake Bortles for one last go around. He can negate a team’s deficiencies at quarterback and rest a defense that has become a quarterback’s worst nightmare in 2017.

5. TENNESSEE TITANS: JAMAL ADAMS, S, LSU

(ACTUAL PICK: COREY DAVIS, WR, WESTERN MICHIGAN) Pairing Adams with Kevin Byard might have given the Titans the league’s second-best safety tandem in football next to Seattle. Kudos to the Jets for stocking up on both Adams and Marcus Maye, which solidifies the position for a few seasons to come.

6. NEW YORK JETS: SOLOMON THOMAS, DL, STANFORD

(ACTUAL PICK: ADAMS) With the Sheldon Richardson trade in their (theoretical) rear-view mirror, the Jets do what they did a year ago during the Leonard Williams draft and simply take the best defensive lineman that drops into their lap.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/11/10/nfl-draft-2017-redraft-myles-garrett-marshon-lattimore-deshaun-watson

I love the Adams/Maye combo as we'll get our QB this coming offseason. Watson tore his ACL & if we picked him and that happened we'd be reading thread after thread about curses & if he'll be the same in the future with his mobility. Sam Bradford has never been the same & he's a pocket passer. Jets future is bright.

4 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I love the Adams/Maye combo as we'll get our QB this coming offseason. Watson tore his ACL & if we picked him and that happened we'd be reading thread after thread about curses & if he'll be the same in the future with his mobility. Sam Bradford has never been the same & he's a pocket passer. Jets future is bright.

Bookmarking this post for when Macc signs Sam Bradford.

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I almost feel like we should have traded up to get Adams what do you think 

A lot of guys do a year-end redraft too, can you imagine if one says Adams should of gone top 3? Maccc should get another Executive of the Year again in that case, just imho

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

A lot of guys do a year-end redraft too, can you imagine if one says Adams should of gone top 3? Maccc should get another Executive of the Year again in that case, just imho

At first I thought he was just worth the sixth pick but then I read that upon reflection he believes he only gave up three touchdowns instead of six and now I’m like he’s the ? goat 

11 hours ago, Jetster said:

There is an almost-can-apply-for-social-security grandpa helming the most important position in sports, without any hint of a replacement in sight, in what way is the future bright? Bc said AARP card holder is going to return next year? Gross. 

If I had a redraft for the Jets it has to be Watson at 6.

As far as Lattimore- The positional value of a CB is higher than a S.....buuuut shi man - Jamal Adams has single handedly changed the culture of the defense.  We joke a lot about his “leadership” and in a completely not (well perhaps mildly) corny way that is invaluable. The Jets dance to anything meme exhibit A.  Plus we’ll see if Lattimore stays healthy.

So yeah Watson should be the redo pick but it’s hard to complain about Jamal Adams who is the next Eric Berry and looks like he’ll soon be the best safety in the NFL.

1 hour ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

There is an almost-can-apply-for-social-security grandpa helming the most important position in sports, without any hint of a replacement in sight, in what way is the future bright? Bc said AARP card holder is going to return next year? Gross. 

Because we got both safety slots taken care of for the next decade pal. Macc 4 life. #leadership ????

6 hours ago, David Harris said:

If I had a redraft for the Jets it has to be Watson at 6.

As far as Lattimore- The positional value of a CB is higher than a S.....buuuut shi man - Jamal Adams has single handedly changed the culture of the defense.  We joke a lot about his “leadership” and in a completely not (well perhaps mildly) corny way that is invaluable. The Jets dance to anything meme exhibit A.  Plus we’ll see if Lattimore stays healthy.

So yeah Watson should be the redo pick but it’s hard to complain about Jamal Adams who is the next Eric Berry and looks like he’ll soon be the best safety in the NFL.

Problem with a redraft is that Watson would have gone to Chicago

Archived