Thank you Vets!!!

NoBowles

Thank you for all made the ultimate sacrifices for our great country!!

As someone who came to this country from another, I assure you its the greatest country in the world, regardless of what the detractors say. And the great Veterans of this country are a huge reason for that, and I sincerely thank you!!

36 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Thank you for all made the ultimate sacrifices for our great country!!

As someone who came to this country from another, I assure you its the greatest country in the world, regardless of what the detractors say. And the great Veterans of this country are a huge reason for that, and I sincerely thank you!!

Nice of you to start this thread!! fyi, the ultimate sacrifice is made when a service member dies in battle, not a cop, and not a fireman.

The ultimate sacrifice is laying down your life for another. I don't care if you're an airman, soldier, sailor, or marine. You can be a cop, a firefighter, a crossing guard, or just a good neighbor who sees a kid drowning. If you lost your life saving someone else, you sacrificed everything for them. You sacrificed, ultimately. 

28 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Image result for veterans day gifs

Thank you. 

It was an honor to serve my country during Desert Storm (1991 - 1993 on the USS Simpson (FFG-56) in the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf)

In fact, I'm still serving now as a D.O.D. civilian, in the U.S. Merchant Marines here in the U.S. 7th fleet (the current hot zone) - just left Japan 3 days ago.

My thanks go out to all the Veterans who served before me.

2 minutes ago, freestater said:

The ultimate sacrifice is laying down your life for another. I don't care if you're an airman, soldier, sailor, or marine. You can be a cop, a firefighter, a crossing guard, or just a good neighbor who sees a kid drowning. If you lost your life saving someone else, you sacrificed everything for them. You sacrificed, ultimately. 

Then there would no need to call it ''The'', Your other examples are sacrifices, obviously, but they are not The Ultimate Sacfrice. Additionally, you can't thank deceased servicemen, that's why we have Memorial Day. 

48 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Then there would no need to call it ''The'', Your other examples are sacrifices, obviously, but they are not The Ultimate Sacfrice. Additionally, you can't thank deceased servicemen, that's why we have Memorial Day. 

I'll agree to disagree. Regardless, thank you to yourself and all other servicemen and servicewomen, from a fellow veteran.

1 hour ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Thank you. 

It was an honor to serve my country during Desert Storm (1991 - 1993 on the USS Simpson (FFG-56) in the Red Sea and the Persian Gulf)

In fact, I'm still serving now as a D.O.D. civilian, in the U.S. Merchant Marines here in the U.S. 7th fleet (the current hot zone) - just left Japan 3 days ago.

Was that ship still out of Mayport back then?

I was on the Gettysburg (cg-64) 96-00

Simpson was by us

5 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Thank you. 

Sincer thank you sir!!

21 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

Nice of you to start this thread!! fyi, the ultimate sacrifice is made when a service member dies in battle, not a cop, and not a fireman.

You're right, but it doesn't mean we have to honor living service members at the end of every quarter of every game at MetLife Stadium.

"Please welcome Captain Joe Blow who just completed his third tour of duty in Afghanistan".  I don't want to hear it anymore.  I don't want to be guilted into standing and applauding for a guy's career choice.

SAR I

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You're right, but it doesn't mean we have to honor living service members at the end of every quarter of every game at MetLife Stadium.

"Please welcome Captain Joe Blow who just completed his third tour of duty in Afghanistan".  I don't want to hear it anymore.  I don't want to be guilted into standing and applauding for a guy's career choice.

SAR I

Would yo rather they play ear piercing loud 80"s rock music or honor some pee-wee football team who has a connection to the Jets front office or watch grown men who never played football  make fools themselves catching footballs or trying to throw them in garbage cans....

COME ON MAN pick and choose your battles. 

59 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Would yo rather they play ear piercing loud 80"s rock music or honor some pee-wee football team who has a connection to the Jets front office or watch grown men who never played football  make fools themselves catching footballs or trying to throw them in garbage cans....

COME ON MAN pick and choose your battles. 

I pay big money to watch games on my terms.

I ignore the garbage can toss.  I disregard the pee week football scrimmage.  But I can't ignore these soldiers begging for attention like a seal at feeding time.  Others stand up and look at me funny when I don't.

I don't need the Jets PA ordering me to stand up and clap 4x a game.  Especially since we know it's all an advertisement for the military.  The Air Force, Army, Navy, and Marines pay for these boo-hoo moments, it's designed to get young kids to think it's a great career choice.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

Although I don't agree with your statement entirely I understand and respect it, I don't have to tell you, you are an educated man, you shouldn't feel guilted.

21 hours ago, Obrien2Toon said:

Was that ship still out of Mayport back then?

I was on the Gettysburg (cg-64) 96-00

Simpson was by us

I think you're referring to the USS Samson, a DDG like the one I was on (USS C.F. Adams DDG-2) in Mayport in the early 80's.  Samson was home-ported at Mayport back in the day...;)

On 11/11/2017 at 2:06 PM, ARodJetsFan said:

Thank you. 

Good to see you out there Arod!

Happy veterans day!

1112170153a-1-2.jpg

I'm the guy with the K-Pot on.....lol. A long time ago, in a field excercise far, far away....

Archived