I'm so happy to be a Jet

Jetster

I watched the interview with ASJ and it really makes me believe that this organization is truly becoming a much more professional place after Tannenbaum, Rex, Sanchez, Tebow, Marshall, Vick, Revis & Geno dog & pony show. From Tannenbaum fielding punts & falling on his azz, Rex dressing like his brother, GQ Sanchez eating hotdogs on the sideline, Vick stealing a paycheck & not even studying the playbook, Revis stealing 17 million & avoiding contact all year & Marshall being the face of the organization has been turned upside down this year.

I have been really, really hard on Bowles (I still think Kacey Rogers his pal stinks), but I have to give him credit for bringing in Kevin Green, Morton & Bates, and Mike Maccagnon is on a roll! Turning a roster over is not easy, see the Browns, Colts, 49ers, Bears, but I really like this NY Jet team & I like the professionalism we're seeing from them and the fact of the matter is Todd is getting the best out of them. I know there is a lot of criticism of Macc but he's really done a nice job when you see ASJ, Kony Ealy, Bass, Tomlinson, trading Sheldon for a 2nd & Kearse. Those 5 guys alone make up for a few slip ups in the draft. How long have we been looking for a TE & Macc not only took a chance on ASJ they supported him at the nadir of his life, got him the help he needed when he asked for it & now we don't have to use a draft pick on a TE. 

I've said this before & I'll say it again, this is really year one of the NY Jets rebuild. The 2015 & 2016 seasons were shots at the playoffs with a mercanary filled roster. The 2017 Jets are starting to build those blocks for our near future. While many here believe Macc shouldn't be trusted with 90 million & 3 top draft picks based on that 2015 foray, I have full confidence that Todd & Macc learned so much from that 1st spending spree & will be approaching free agency in 2018 with a more keen vision of what type of players they'll target. 

Its no longer embarrassing to be a Jet fan. I'm willing to be patient and let this play out over a 3 year span. I think 2018 can be a turning point season with Brady turning 41, we've already proven the Bills can be had & Miami will hit the salary cap wall at some point with Tannenbaum running that show down in Miami. The future looks bright, unless they lose tomorrow, lol.

7 hours ago, Jetster said:

How long have we been looking for a TE & Macc not only took a chance on ASJ they supported him at the nadir of his life, got him the help he needed when he asked for it & now we don't have to use a draft pick on a TE. 

Sefarian-Jenkins is a free agent after this season.

12 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Who is older Brees or Brady?  Just asking because I whole heartedly believe Brees will be your 2018 starting QB.

He might be & id be ecstatic with Brees on a 3 year deal working with Morton/Bates. Be even better if we signed Drew & drafted Baker Mayfield! 

I think one of the biggest issues Bowles had was picking good assistants. Whether Rogers is a good coach or not his assistants make a huge difference.  He seems to be getting better at recruiting them.  The ASJ situation is the first time in a while that I recall a player speak glowingly about the organization and it was genuine. What it translates to IMHO is the opportunity to get players who want to prove themselves as they see the Jets as an organization that will give them a chance to develop.

16 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Baker Mayfield is NOT an NFL QB ugh.

The experts, lol. I crack up reading these definitive comments made by Jet fans here. "Baker Mayfield is NOT an NFL QB"

And how do you know? Should we all go back & look at your 7,557 comments, especially predraft to see how wrong you were over & over again? Many people thought Drew Brees career was over, Testeverde sucked, Steve Young, hell, we had Jet fans right on this site exclaiming Jarod Goff was a BUST after last season, were you one of them?

There were just as many fans here against drafting Deshaun Watson as there were not to. I didn't want the Jets to start Josh McCown but I was wrong. You can't put in a new system & get everyone on board with Petty or Hack. Petty couldn't through 2 games without being injured & Hack wasn't ready & may never be, but none of us really know that. So now this team is looked at as a bunch of overachievers building something, where as they might have been viewed in the same way the Browns & 49ers are looked upon today. 

We all get to be second guessers, but I keep hoping we'll get lucky sooner or later with a QB. At least we now have the coaches in Morton & Bates to develop someone. Without that, you have nothing anyway. 

Archived