The Jets should do this on draft day

SenorGato

No, please no.

I'd be okay with 

1) QB - Mayfield 

2a) EDGE - Ejiofor

2b) C - Billy Price

3) EDGE - Okoronkwo

I want no part of drafting 2 QBs in one draft class unless there is a clear backing of say a 1st rounder over a 5-7th rounder, I think it sends mixed messages to the team. Redskins clearly backed RG3 so the team knew who would be starting but in this situation I think it would not be as clear who the team likes.

1. J.Allen or L.Jackson assuming Rosen and Darnold are off the board. If all 4 are off the board I go Chubb, Key, or Landry...depending on who is on the board and how the Pass Rushers grade out come draft day. 

2. Harrison or Brown or another top OT on the board. 

2. Luke Falk

I'd love the Jets to get Jackson and Falk. May sound counter-intuitive but this is exactly what the Redskins did when they traded up for RG3 and it worked out pretty well for them. I would be absolutely fine if the Jets used up their top 3 draft picks on 2 QBs and an OT. But I also realize that will NEVER happen.  

9 hours ago, PepPep said:

1. J.Allen or L.Jackson assuming Rosen and Darnold are off the board. If all 4 are off the board I go Chubb, Key, or Landry...depending on who is on the board and how the Pass Rushers grade out come draft day. 

2. Luke Falk

I'd love the Jets to get Jackson and Falk. May sound counter-intuitive but this is exactly what the Redskins did when they traded up for RG3 and it worked out pretty well for them. I would be absolutely fine if the Jets used up their top 3 draft picks on 2 QBs and an OT. But I also realize that will NEVER happen.  

I actually agree with you but no way Macc drafts two qb’s.  Here’s why:

1. Macc is giving McCown a huge extension 

2. Cutting Hack would be Macc admitting he has no idea what he’s doing

3. Macc’s only hope is to con some dopey team like the Browns into giving us a conditional late round pick for Petty to make room for a draft pick qb

On 11/16/2017 at 10:03 PM, Philc1 said:

I actually agree with you but no way Macc drafts two qb’s.  Here’s why:

1. Macc is giving McCown a huge extension 

2. Cutting Hack would be Macc admitting he has no idea what he’s doing

3. Macc’s only hope is to con some dopey team like the Browns into giving us a conditional late round pick for Petty to make room for a draft pick qb

I mean, that's one way to look at it. It's also very possible the Jets DON'T re-sign McCown and Hack shows that he has, once again, improved and can vie for the starting gig. Then you have 4 QBs going at it, with two rookies in the mix and Petty being odd man out that gets cut. Just saying. I don;t believe Macc ever wanted to bring in high priced vets as 'bridge' QBs. IMO, that's all Bowles and the coaching staff.  I also end my post by saying 'But I also realize that will NEVER happen.' LOL 

On 11/20/2017 at 12:08 PM, PepPep said:

I mean, that's one way to look at it. It's also very possible the Jets DON'T re-sign McCown and Hack shows that he has, once again, improved and can vie for the starting gig. Then you have 4 QBs going at it, with two rookies in the mix and Petty being odd man out that gets cut. Just saying. I don;t believe Macc ever wanted to bring in high priced vets as 'bridge' QBs. IMO, that's all Bowles and the coaching staff.  I also end my post by saying 'But I also realize that will NEVER happen.' LOL 

We are resigning McCown or getting an equivalent JAG veteran Qb next offseason to start in 2018

Macc and Bowles know how lucky they are to be conning the Johnson bros into giving them another year to screw things up

On 11/20/2017 at 12:58 PM, JiF said:

So you're going to double down on 2 Big 12 QB's and hope one of them does what no Big 12 QB has ever done?

I'd almost love to see it because it would be so Jetsy, 

So now not only do teams disqualify qbs from being good but entire conferences do now?

Tom Brady played in the big 12 btw (was Big 10 back in the day but still)

On 11/16/2017 at 9:30 AM, PepPep said:

2. Luke Falk

The Jets will never draft 2 QBs this year - for a litany of reasons, but the biggest being that we're likely going to be trading up. Plus, Macc's used up all his "QB" cards. He'll get his #1 guy in rnd 1, and that's it. He's swung twice and missed already.

Also, Allen? How did you of all people, get seduced into that one.

12 hours ago, Paradis said:

The Jets will never draft 2 QBs this year - for a litany of reasons, but the biggest being that we're likely going to be trading up. Plus, Macc's used up all his "QB" cards. He'll get his #1 guy in rnd 1, and that's it. He's swung twice and missed already.

Unfortunately he fits the profile mac seems to look for in QBs

On 11/22/2017 at 11:27 PM, Paradis said:

The dude checks off a lot of Franchise QB boxes, he wins, and carries his team. I don't know how you DON'T get seduced by a QB like that. And like I said, this is assuming Rosen and Darnold are off the board. Odd are Jackson will be off the board as well. 

5 hours ago, PepPep said:

The dude checks off a lot of Franchise QB boxes, he wins, and carries his team. I don't know how you DON'T get seduced by a QB like that. And like I said, this is assuming Rosen and Darnold are off the board. Odd are Jackson will be off the board as well. 

Lol, what you smoking, willis? I work for a medical producer of lethal pot -- and we ain't even got stuff that strong... 

He wins? Carries his team!?!... Show me his wins against anybody not named William&Mary. Or Hawaii junior college... Or Northeastwestern Alabama State, tech. I'm pretty sure it was the other way around last year -- his team carried Allen. 

He's not been a winner. He's not been accurate. He's not been able to elevate his team... He actually has done nothing but demonstrate arm-strength and athleticism -- and major accuracy concerns (sound like someone else on our roster?)..  The only reason he's still being talked about, is cause he's Caucasian. There's lots of African american quarterbacks who look exactly the same on tape and won't sniff a scout's deodorant within 100 miles.

If you're not accurate, you're not going to have a career in the NFL. End of story. 

20 hours ago, Paradis said:

Lol, what you smoking, willis? I work for a medical producer of lethal pot -- and we ain't even got stuff that strong... 

He wins? Carries his team!?!... Show me his wins against anybody not named William&Mary. Or Hawaii junior college... Or Northeastwestern Alabama State, tech. I'm pretty sure it was the other way around last year -- his team carried Allen. 

He's not been a winner. He's not been accurate. He's not been able to elevate his team... He actually has done nothing but demonstrate arm-strength and athleticism -- and major accuracy concerns (sound like someone else on our roster?)..  The only reason he's still being talked about, is cause he's Caucasian. There's lots of African american quarterbacks who look exactly the same on tape and won't sniff a scout's deodorant within 100 miles.

If you're not accurate, you're not going to have a career in the NFL. End of story. 

wow, I find it funny that someone gave the "buttfumble" reaction to this. This is dead on, accurate... something that Allen is not, and has not been. @jetsons must have been wearing his Allen Jersey as he read this.

The fact that a QB is not accurate in college is very concerning when projecting to the NFL where all the defenders are faster, the windows are smaller, and way less room for error. Rarely if ever does a QB get more accurate from college to NFL.

6 hours ago, Stark said:

wow, I find it funny that someone gave the "buttfumble" reaction to this. This is dead on, accurate... something that Allen is not, and has not been. @jetsons must have been wearing his Allen Jersey as he read this.

The fact that a QB is not accurate in college is very concerning when projecting to the NFL where all the defenders are faster, the windows are smaller, and way less room for error. Rarely if ever does a QB get more accurate from college to NFL.

I’ve seen him play his throws looked accurate to me

Btw I am talking about Lamar Jackson

On 11/22/2017 at 11:27 PM, Paradis said:

If Mac does survive the smartest thing he could do is draft multiple qb’s.  Wasting time and money on a McCown extension or AlexSmith is the dumbest thing he can do

On 11/20/2017 at 7:47 PM, SenorGato said:

Yeah, this sucks

The Jets should do this:

- Sign Cousins for big $

Draft:

1 - Baker Mayfield - A gift from script writers?

Still drinking cement, hey? ...You do know that cousins isnt' a SLAVE right? He has a choice to sign where he wants to. We are not going to attract a 29 year old veteran in win-now mode, to come to New York City, whilst a 1st RND QB is firmly planted up his rear tushy.

Get over it

• 2 weeks later...

As great as getting set for 15 years with Rosen or Darnold would of been .. really isn’t going to happen. I might would Sign Cousins spend 80-90 mill around him and grab a high ceiling QB in round 3-5, edged rusher, LT, ect 

Cousins would at least assure sure good play at QB since we are stupid and are most likely going to miss out on two franchise QB’s.

On 11/21/2017 at 1:54 PM, Philc1 said:

So now not only do teams disqualify qbs from being good but entire conferences do now?

Tom Brady played in the big 12 btw (was Big 10 back in the day but still)

I know this post is ancient, but still...

Michigan has never been in the Big 12. Just because the Big 10 has more than 10 teams it didn't become the Big 12. It has more than 12 teams too because RU was the 13 seed in the last Big 10 hoops tourney.

On 11/27/2017 at 11:57 AM, Paradis said:

If pot was lethal wouldn't that kinda be too strong?

Archived